Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Does the KIA car brand name bother you?

View Poll Results: Does the KIA car brand name bother you?
Poll Options:
Yes. But not enough to prevent my buying one if I liked it. 6 votes (7.32%)
Yes. I'd never own one due to the name. 12 votes (14.63%)
No. I assign no negative thoughts to the name. 50 votes (60.98%)
No. I recognize the similarity but I'm neither superstitious nor conspiratorial. 12 votes (14.63%)
Hmmm. I didn't know about this but will give it some thought. 2 votes (2.44%)
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll
Does the KIA car brand name bother you? (Page 4)
ghporter
Administrator
Aug 18, 2007, 10:39 AM

That includes EVERYBODY.

"Don't make me pull this forum over!"

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 18, 2007, 10:50 AM

I think someone already did!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
Were he alive today, I'd bet that Galileo would be tight with Kevin. And like Kevin Galileo would have my back.
You're comparing this thread to the findings of Galileo?

Since GH is cracking down I have nothing left to say but WTF???

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 18, 2007, 11:29 AM

You aren't taking your party to the limit sek.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2007, 11:32 AM

Of course, if I don't immediately agree with Abe I must not be comprehending properly.

design219
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 11:33 AM

It was an example to illustrate a principle. Just not the one you've chosen to celebrate.
What are you talking about? Your statement/illustration was wrong. Mine provided input about your thread.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2007, 11:35 AM

Abe is never wrong, your just not partying to the max or whatever sillyness he was talking about.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 18, 2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Of course, if I don't immediately agree with Abe I must not be comprehending properly.
That isn't what I said.

Abe is never wrong, your just not partying to the max or whatever sillyness he was talking about.
Constantly, always, forever...

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 18, 2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
OR he is trying to get people to THINK.

You know, I was never in high end thunkin programs at the sckoools. But somehow, for some reason, I get gabe. disingenuous? Not at all

Maybe what takes here isn't book smarts.
I really don't feel obligated to explain myself here, but I will anyway. Honestly, I don't really see anything in the OP's post designed to make anyone think. He points out that a Korean motor company has a name that coincidentally happens to be a military acronym. He also claimed that this would/could/does cost Kia 15% of their business. There was no supporting information for this, no citation of a source. So I asked Abe if he was serious, asked for a source, and posed a question asking if a similar naming would fall into the same category. Abe's response was that he would respond, given that I met certain conditions. Well, unfortunately it doesn't work that way and just reinforced my suspicion that this was a put on.

If he had just answered, as he eventually did, I would of shook my head, still thought it odd, and that would have been the end of it. But since he refused to answer, leaving me to believe that it was indeed disingenuous, I personally became offend because it appeared that this whole thing was nothing but a troll, and I have a problem with people using dead soldiers for a bit of internet sport. Instead of an answer, I got the "we all know you have all the power and we breath at your pleasure" garbage. And some how Kevin, you yourself must have thought I was awfully heavy handed as well, since apparently you feel my actions were infraction worthy. But let me ask, did I edit Abe's posts? Did I issue him infractions? Lock the thread? Nope. I attempted to find out if this was sincere, posed a question using a very similar business name, and admonished him for partisan bickering that he knows full well is not allowed in the lounge. Where's the problem?

I'm still not sure what any of this is supposed to make people "think" about, it's nothing more than a coincidence, but if it does make you think, whatever I guess. Nothing wrong with thinking.
Nemo me impune lacesset

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
I really don't feel obligated to explain myself here, but I will anyway. Honestly, I don't really see anything in the OP's post designed to make anyone think. He points out that a Korean motor company has a name that coincidentally happens to be a military acronym. He also claimed that this would/could/does cost Kia 15% of their business. There was no supporting information for this, no citation of a source. So I asked Abe if he was serious, asked for a source, and posed a question asking if a similar naming would fall into the same category. Abe's response was that he would respond, given that I met certain conditions. Well, unfortunately it doesn't work that way and just reinforced my suspicion that this was a put on.

If he had just answered, as he eventually did, I would of shook my head, still thought it odd, and that would have been the end of it. But since he refused to answer, leaving me to believe that it was indeed disingenuous, I personally became offend because it appeared that this whole thing was nothing but a troll, and I have a problem with people using dead soldiers for a bit of internet sport. Instead of an answer, I got the "we all know you have all the power and we breath at your pleasure" garbage. And some how Kevin, you yourself must have thought I was awfully heavy handed as well, since apparently you feel my actions were infraction worthy. But let me ask, did I edit Abe's posts? Did I issue him infractions? Lock the thread? Nope. I attempted to find out if this was sincere, posed a question using a very similar business name, and admonished him for partisan bickering that he knows full well is not allowed in the lounge. Where's the problem?

I'm still not sure what any of this is supposed to make people "think" about, it's nothing more than a coincidence, but if it does make you think, whatever I guess. Nothing wrong with thinking.
He also claimed that this would/could/does cost Kia 15% of their business.
I didn't realize you didn't realize I was only referring to the results of this fine MacNN poll. You did check it out before posting, didn't you?

As for making fun of or making light of servicemen's deaths, as a former serviceman I take this seriously. In fact, if I didn't take it so seriously (considerations of my superstition aside) I wouldn't be bothered by the coincidence at all. I'd be just like most others here who may not care a great deal about US servicemen, one way the other and haven't given any thought to the coincidence.

And anyone who follows my posts should know that I would never make fun of US servicemens' deaths. Maybe you've forgotten my political philosophy. Maybe if my P/L privileges were restored I could remind you of my POV.

And in a demonstration of my magnanimity and my willingness to meet you halfway, after your show of restraint in not locking this thread or banning me, I too have exercised restraint. I've refrained from saying things that I might otherwise have.

Lovingly yours,

The kinder and gentler abe.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
That isn't what I said.

Constantly, always, forever...

I can't remember when I've laughed so hard at any posts! When Cody Dawg first introduced me to this forum in 2004 you were already a legend here. And you continue to belt them out of the park, Kevin!

But seriously speaking, if I ever had to go into combat I'd want you on MY side!

By the way, you could get one of your fans to give me one of those shoulder massages that some seem so eager to provide you?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 07:04 PM

When you disparage Kevin's appreciation for great posting you only underscore the fact that you don't get it.

I wish you only love and peace.

Why not embrace what you don't understand rather than attacking it?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
What are you talking about? Your statement/illustration was wrong. Mine provided input about your thread.
If you break down these exchanges to their operative dynamics you will see the truth.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 07:11 PM

To Those Who Own Or Drive KIA Vehicles:

I'm sorry if my asking this poll question offended you.

Signed,

The kinder and gentler abe.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 07:22 PM

When Cody Dawg first introduced me to this forum in 2004

Ahh.. that explains so much.
Play nice, no need to be nasty
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Aug 18, 2007 at 09:27 PM. )

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Please explain the principle it was meant to exemplify, then.
Thank you for asking.

design219 ran a search with the idea of supposedly trying to find a precedent for the idea that KIA Motors is compared, by those other than myself, with the military acronym, KIA (Killed in Action).

I posted results showing such precedents. He produced results showing none.

I said he/she did not use good search parameters or explore the results deeply enough to see truth of the matter and offered a similar search and a similar situation to make my point.

I don't know why I'm spending time with this, but...

Google search
"KIA name offensive"
"KIA brand offensive"
"KIA logo offensive"

0 results.

Then some searching without the quotes and I'm not finding anything at all about this being an issue with anyone. There is a lot of talk about KIA, and it's sounding like a decent vehicle.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Ahh.. that explains so much.
That dumb c*#-''s degenerative disease clearly claimed her mental capacities long ago so one can only expect similar ramblings from her ilk.
Does your comic book persona fight or love?

Does it fight for good or does it fight for evil?

Does it love goodness or does it love evil?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2007, 10:10 PM

I posted results showing such precedents.
You did? The only search result I saw reflecting concern over the Kia logo relative to the acronym for "killed in action" was a link to this thread.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 12:18 AM

besson.... nuununununu? please.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 02:50 AM

You did? The only search result I saw reflecting concern over the Kia logo relative to the acronym for "killed in action" was a link to this thread.
You disappoint me.

Lidman (08/21/2006)
I just reanted a KIA from a rental car dealer, that with this post is enough to tell me NEVER BUY A KIA(KILLED IN ACTION). Thank you

My3cents.com - Kia Motors Informative - Warning! 2002 Kia Sportage Owners, 2002 Kia Sportage
Jump to: navigation, search

KIA or Kia may mean:

* Kia Motors, Automobile manufacturer
* Kirby Ian Andersen
* King's Indian Attack, a chess opening
* Kuwait Investment Authority
* Kachin Independence Army, in Kachin State, Myanmar
* Kia Asamiya, a popular Japanese manga artist.
* Killed in action
* Knots indicated airspeed
* A term used in Zos Kia Cultus

KIA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kia
"Kia" is also a: user

(thing) by neoliminal (3.7 y) (print) ? Sat Nov 13 1999 at 8:53:49

Acronym for "Killed In Action", used by the military to label one of the ways that you can exit the service.

Also an underpowered, cheap car made in Korea

[email protected]
#187 of 730 Re: Hyundai/Kia becomes Kia/Genesis, the new Kia Motors [nycdc911] by diemusik Apr 13, 2007 (9:21 am)
Replying to: nycdc911 (Apr 13, 2007 7:02 am)
Kia is actually the oldest car company in Korea, and the name sounds cool like Korea without the "or". Kia means "rising from Asia" and it goes well with a luxury brand named Genesis.

The only problem with the name is that in military term, it's an acronym for "Killed In Action". I don't think that's such a great name for an automobile company.

2008-2009 Hyundai Genesis - CarSpace Automotive Forums

design219
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 09:41 AM

I think I understand now. This is an exercise to get your 5th star. It will come, but this horse is starting to reek, and your beating is just fanning that odor.

I'll advise you this: Try not to let little things like car names (that have no ill will toward you or anyone else) bother you and you will live a happier life.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2007, 10:05 AM

You disappoint me.
I saw the first three, but they didn't indicate to me that someone was offended over the Kia logo relative to the acronym for "killed in action". Even the last one doesn't indicate offense, but rather speculates that someone might be bothered by it. This thread is so far the only place listed where someone is actually claiming to be offended by the name.

As to the offense, I would need to see that Kia actually intended to somehow take advantage of the "killed in action" acronym in their logo. Personally, I would think that you might find auto names such as "Liberty" and "Patriot" more offensive, as they appear to be trying to take advantage of the current political climate.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 19, 2007, 11:21 AM

I think I understand now. This is an exercise to get your 5th star. It will come, but this horse is starting to reek, and your beating is just fanning that odor.

I'll advise you this: Try not to let little things like car names (that have no ill will toward you or anyone else) bother you and you will live a happier life.
Best reply in this thread.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2007, 01:20 PM

I refuse to buy a Dodge, because that name was created in reference and support of draft dodgers during WWII.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 03:37 PM

Dear Dr. Design219,

I have no further need of therapy thanks to your advice. Please send me your final bill as I am now cured of that problem. I look forward to seeing what magic you will be able to inspire in me with regard to my compulsion to expose myself to the Los Angeles Lakers Cheerleaders.

After that problem is solved I know that I will no longer be bothered by their strong, smooth suppleness and then be able to live a happier life.

Sincerely,

abe (Honest!)

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
And if you don't like it, nokia ?

-t
File this under, "Giving the dev...er, the turtle his due:"

Pretty clever.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2007, 03:48 PM

Abe,

I think you should make this your signature:

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
Absolutely. To wit, from the company website:

Though admittedly the logo does use a caps kind of look:

But seriously. Are you superstitious about people named Mia?
No. I once conjugated a lovely named Mia. This was before the cars named, KIA.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I bet you do.

-t
I admit I learn.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I'm glad somebody noticed.
Is anyone up for a round of straight haired (attention) hoe-ing?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
I was thinking cock and balls originally, but I don't know anyone other than me with four in-line balls.
This post of yours is intentionally pregnant with satirical, comedic possibilities and gives evidence to your natural straight man instincts.

Welcome to the list.

(Save this post as proof of your selection. It will serve as your 'Club Key' until further notice.)

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
After I voted, I realized that this had something to do with KIA being related to "killed in action" instead of KIA being related to "cheap, crappy cars."

I wish I could change my vote. This is stupid.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:16 PM

This is the first time I've ever heard of taking offense at the name. I think this poll on a national level would not even register negative as high as this one, which is low.

I don't think this is a PR issue for the company.
Just clearing things up in preparation for walking away from the matter completely, I have never been offended by the name as much as I am bothered by it. It's like the way I am bothered by the idea of messing around with a Weegee Board (Ouija Board). It doesn't offend me, it scares me to play with it.

KIA cars or the name KIA doesn't offend me. It scares me. That's what I meant when I said I'm bothered by it. Your interpretation of it being offensive is an unintended inaccuracy, I'm sure.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:28 PM

Not in the least, as usual it seems you have to much time on your hands.

When a soldier is killed in action you say (phonetically) he was Kay Eye Aye.

As opposed to Keeya. The thought of boycotting this car company for that reason alone makes me laugh.

I'd also rather buy a Hyundai but my old mechanic had a Kia and he never had any problems with it...not to mention it was 9000 bucks brand new. if you're not concerned about resale value*, since these cars have none, buying a Kia isn't a bad move at all.

*and power, but the MPG is great.
aye1 also ay (ī) pronunciation
n.

An affirmative vote or voter: The ayes outnumber the nays on this issue.
adv.

Yes; yea: voted aye on the appropriations bill.

[Perhaps from Middle English *ayye : ay, always; see aye2 + ye, yes; see yea.]

aye2 also ay (ā) pronunciation
adv.

Always; ever: pledged their love for aye.

[Middle English ai, from Old Norse ei.]
aye: Definition, Synonyms and Much More from Answers.com

To be clearer your phonetic spelling of the word "aye" is the adverbial "aye." (Go to the link to hear how it is pronounced differently than the noun version of "aye.") If the noun version is used, you would have phonetically spelled, Kii.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:43 PM

I saw the first three, but they didn't indicate to me that someone was offended over the Kia logo relative to the acronym for "killed in action". Even the last one doesn't indicate offense, but rather speculates that someone might be bothered by it. This thread is so far the only place listed where someone is actually claiming to be offended by the name.

As to the offense, I would need to see that Kia actually intended to somehow take advantage of the "killed in action" acronym in their logo. Personally, I would think that you might find auto names such as "Liberty" and "Patriot" more offensive, as they appear to be trying to take advantage of the current political climate.
I never said I was offended by it. Design219 did. He suggested that I was offended. I said I was bothered. I'm sure he simply misinterpreted my comment by mistake. Furthermore, you are much too careful to overlook this fact after a dispassionate survey of the responses in the thread. I think you are just testing me.

How am I doing?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Abe,

I think you should make this your signature:

[img]http://www.alyssaravenwood.com/Images/makeup/old-man-prosthetic.]
Why would I want to have a photo of Stephen Gutterburg in all my posts?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2007, 04:47 PM

aye: Definition, Synonyms and Much More from Answers.com

To be clearer your phonetic spelling of the word "aye" is the adverbial "aye." (Go to the link to hear how it is pronounced differently than the noun version of "aye.") If the noun version is used, you would have phonetically spelled, Kii.
All well and good, but you knew what I meant anyways. They both sound completely different and only after adding periods for each letter would I associate KIA with K.I.A.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I refuse to buy a Dodge, because that name was created in reference and support of draft dodgers during WWII.
Close, but off-topic.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 04:55 PM

All well and good, but you knew what I meant anyways. They both sound completely different and only after adding periods for each letter would I associate KIA with K.I.A.
Then you answered the thread question I asked. Apparently the KIA car brand name does not bother you. Thank you.

It does bother me.

It doesn't offend me. It bothers me.

And according to the results of our humble little poll it also bothers appx. 20% of the respondents.

If the name also bothered OR offended 15% - 20% of the American car buying market do you think KIA Motors would change their name or anything about their marketing?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2007, 04:57 PM

I guess, but that means assuming all sorts of things.

I disagree with you on more than just the topic question abe.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
Best reply in this thread.
I can't decide whether your post offends or merely bothers.

Where do you derive such qualitative judgments? Have you any links which attest to or independently corroborate your statement that said post is the best reply in this thread?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 05:05 PM

I guess, but that means assuming all sorts of things.

I disagree with you on more than just the topic question abe.
Ideally those other disagreements will have their own time and place to be made known to me and the world.

Unless, of course you'd like to unload them all right here and now.

But that would violate the rules.

And as of the last time I was in the P/L I think I recall your saying you'd never been banned and I won't encourage your doing anything that would mar that fine record here. By the way, are you close to setting the record for consecutive posts without a banninnation? I hope you'd get some recognition for that.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2007, 05:12 PM

I'm not sure if you're being condescending but I'll assume you're not.

There are plenty of other members with more posts than me that have never been banned, like Chuckit, for example.

and with that I hit 5000, whattta coinkydink

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 05:17 PM

I'm not sure if you're being condescending but I'll assume you're not.

There are plenty of other members with more posts than me that have never been banned like Chuckit, for example.
Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt! That speaks well of your heart and character!

And I'm hoping against hope that one day I'll be blessed to discover Chuckit's finer qualities.

Many congratulations on #5K! I'm proud to be part of your historic milestone!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2007, 05:24 PM

I never said I was offended by it. Design219 did. He suggested that I was offended. I said I was bothered. I'm sure he simply misinterpreted my comment by mistake. Furthermore, you are much too careful to overlook this fact after a dispassionate survey of the responses in the thread. I think you are just testing me.

How am I doing?
You're degree of concern for this topic rings more to me of "offended" as opposed to merely "bothered". But, all right.

Why are you bothered?
Do you believe that Kia created their logo with US troops in mind?
What do you think Kia should do about it, if anything?
Do you feel the cost of rebranding would be more or less expensive than losing the business of 15% of people who answer polls in non-Mac topics on MacNN?

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 06:07 PM

You're degree of concern for this topic rings more to me of "offended" as opposed to merely "bothered". But, all right.

Why are you bothered?
Do you believe that Kia created their logo with US troops in mind?
What do you think Kia should do about it, if anything?
Do you feel the cost of rebranding would be more or less expensive than losing the business of 15% of people who answer polls in non-Mac topics on MacNN?
Hmmm, I guess I can understand how someone might think that starting a thread asking if anyone else was bothered by a thing meant that I was offended by it. My degree of concern only extended as far as asking the question. Everything else I've done in this thread has been an indication of my concern and consideration of the posters here.

Why are you bothered?
I'm bothered because I'm superstitious and when Jim Bohannon mentioned the KIA=Kia connection it just went to the weakest place in my brain and I'd be afraid that were I to own and drive one that I might dwell on the thought so much that it might become a self-fulfilling phobia.

Do you believe that Kia created their logo with US troops in mind? Not at all.

What do you think Kia should do about it, if anything? If they did nothing it would not bother or offend me at all. However if they haven't already done so they might want to do their own polling to determine how much, if any, business they are losing due to this. Then if they wanted to introduce a new division (like GM has Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, Olds, Hummer and Saturn) they might or might not increase their fortunes. But I really don't care if they don't. All I know is that my phobia would prevent my ever buying one of their cars with the KIA name.

Do you feel the cost of rebranding would be more or less expensive than losing the business of 15% of people who answer polls in non-Mac topics on MacNN? Good question. But I'm in no position to answer the question intelligently.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2007, 06:21 PM

Hmmm, I guess I can understand how someone might think that starting a thread asking if anyone else was bothered by a thing meant that I was offended by it. My degree of concern only extended as far as asking the question. Everything else I've done in this thread has been an indication of my concern and consideration of the posters here.

Why are you bothered?
I'm bothered because I'm superstitious and when Jim Bohannon mentioned the KIA=Kia connection it just went to the weakest place in my brain and I'd be afraid that were I to own and drive one that I might dwell on the thought so much that it might become a self-fulfilling phobia.

Do you believe that Kia created their logo with US troops in mind? Not at all.

What do you think Kia should do about it, if anything? If they did nothing it would not bother or offend me at all. However if they haven't already done so they might want to do their own polling to determine how much, if any, business they are losing due to this. Then if they wanted to introduce a new division (like GM has Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, Olds, Hummer and Saturn) they might or might not increase their fortunes. But I really don't care if they don't. All I know is that my phobia would prevent my ever buying one of their cars with the KIA name.

Do you feel the cost of rebranding would be more or less expensive than losing the business of 15% of people who answer polls in non-Mac topics on MacNN? Good question. But I'm in no position to answer the question intelligently.
Works for me. This thread's done now, as far as I'm concerned.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 08:31 PM

Works for me. This thread's done now, as far as I'm concerned.
What if I said I was just kidding?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 19, 2007, 11:01 PM

What if I said I was just kidding?
Nope. Still done.

JohnM15141
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 19, 2007, 11:07 PM

Gonna have to say this thread is silly, and... it is closely followed by absurd...

I wonder what this thread would say if you played it backwards? WHOA..Paul McCartney is dead, ooooh spooky
----------------------------------------------------------
"He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life"
Homer J. Simpson, the 90's
----------------------------------------------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules