Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I gota be careful who I tell about MacNN...

I gota be careful who I tell about MacNN... (Page 5)
Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Pff, he is on my ignore list. I am posting whatever I want and I don't care if it provokes him or not as just about anything that hints against his values if enough for him to have another 100 post day. His time so i don't care.

I'll never ever change my mind based on his opinion. Heck, it makes me feel even happier about being gay as it shows how much steam I can easily get out of them just for being happy and confident.
No one is making fun of you because you are gay, or acting confident. I assure you.
No one is "steaming"

I think you live in a fairy-tail world much like Micheal Jackson does.

And to deny that the only reason you make such sleazy posts is to do anything other than flame is laughable.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
besson I assure you I care less about castles or kings.
No, you care more about the Queen (SWG), right ?

-t

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2005, 03:31 PM

It? You are now referring a human being to an "it" ?

Do you really care about human rights and equal rights or just ones that pertain to you, and others that don't use cellphones with antennas or have cable?
He was talking about a place, Remington's... (appropriately named as well).

Zimphire, you need to do us all a favor and answer us this question: what is your interest in homosexuality? What keeps pulling you back to every thread about gays?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 03:34 PM

besson I assure you I care less about castles or kings. I think you may have been looking into this a bit too much,

But thanks for the advice anyhow.
I can assure you that you do care about kings and castles, as looking at your post history, you have posted over 500 things since July 1st or so, many of them arguging/bickering with somebody about something.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Zimphire, you need to do us all a favor and answer us this question: what is your interest in homosexuality? What keeps pulling you back to every thread about gays?
This thread wasn't about gays. This thread was about someone thinking he was gay.

It had nothing to do with the discussion of gays until the usual suspects popped up.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 03:36 PM

No one is making fun of you because you are gay, or acting confident. I assure you.
No one is "steaming"

I think you live in a fairy-tail world much like Micheal Jackson does.

And to deny that the only reason you make such sleazy posts is to do anything other than flame is laughable.
Funny, the very next post after assuring me you weren't bickering is... more bickering.

Just pointing this out.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2005, 03:36 PM

It had nothing to do with the discussion of gays until the usual suspects popped up.
At which point you were drawn right in.

In fact, in the fourth post or so you completely de-railed everything and changed the subject by saying that SWG masturbates to Superchicken. You deliberately wanted this to become a big fight over homosexuality.

So please tell us, what is your fixation with homosexuality?

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 03:40 PM

At which point you were drawn right in.

In fact, in the fourth post or so you completely de-railed everything and changed the subject by saying that SWG masturbates to Superchicken. You deliberately wanted this to become a big fight over homosexuality.

So please tell us, what is your fixation with homosexuality?
Actually it was the religious conversation by the usual suspects that brought me in.

But go ahead and keep making it up as you go along.
And no, this thread was derailed when the usual suspects started accusing him of being gay, and trying to tell him to be a gay pastor.

Something said person has done in multiple threads.

So please tell us. What is your fixation on projection?

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2005, 03:42 PM

Actually it was the religious conversation by the usual suspects that brought me in.

But go ahead and keep making it up as you go along.

ya right! it was not religious at all, as I said in the post above, you kicked it off with some flamebait about SWG masturbating to Superchicken... completely unprovoked as well!

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 03:43 PM

ya right! it was not religious at all,
What are you talking about? THERE WAS TONS of it.

EXAMPLE

Originally Posted by Scandalous Ion Cannon
Soo what you are saying is God speaks though you from time time time and totally "takes over" what you are saying putting words in your mouth in his favor?

ummmm
Again, stop making things up. If you have nothing better to do than flame/bait, go take a nap.

SC came in here making a comment about because how certain people can't stop accussing him of being gay, other people now think he is .

So what do they do? Keep doing it. Almost like the are trying to TALK him into it.

I stayed out of it till I read some religious craziness. I then responded about the crazy trying to talk salty into being gay and the religious stuff.

And now you have derailed it further by obsessing about why I posted in the thread. And who derailed it.

Congratulations. You sure showed the forum!11

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 03:45 PM

ya right! it was not religious at all, as I said in the post above, you kicked it off with some flamebait about SWG masturbating to Superchicken... completely unprovoked as well!
I bet if you had said "masturbating to chicken" instead, MacNN would suddenly find a lot of traffic coming in from Google. Let's see what happens...

masturbating to chicken

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 03:47 PM

What are you talking about? THERE WAS TONS of it.

EXAMPLE

Again, stop making things up. If you have nothing better to do than flame/bait, go take a nap.
I BEG OF YOU (and Kerrigan)... just put down your weapons and walk away slowly. IT DOESN"T MATTER. It is okay to not be right about everything, but if it will make you stop bickering: you were right.

Why can't this thread return to the original productive conversation? Oh wait, there wasn't one...

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2005, 03:47 PM

kevin, when this thread started it was not about religion. it was a two sentence post about superchicken's friend thinking he was gay because of MacNN.

you got involved right from the start, talking about secret crushes and masturbation. religion had nothing to do with your interest in this thread, merely homosexuality.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 03:48 PM

kevin, when this thread started it was not about religion. it was a two sentence post about superchicken's friend thinking he was gay because of MacNN.

you got involved right from the start, talking about secret crushes and masturbation. religion had nothing to do with your interest in this thread, merely homosexuality.
Oh that post. It had nothing to do with SWF either.

And yes, I do think certain members have a crush on him.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 03:51 PM

In before the lock... damn!

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2005, 04:01 PM

Becauase of the Zimphire/SWG arguments, it is hard to get a clear picture of what is going on, but I think when you look past it all you can see that SuperChicken is the problem here. He is like the ultimate troll, he just sits back, types some gibberish about being gay, and then a lengthy flamewar is guaranteed to follow.

He has probably started 100 such threads over the years. In fact, despite his innocuous personality, he's probably started more flamewars than any other member.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 04:08 PM

Becauase of the Zimphire/SWG arguments, it is hard to get a clear picture of what is going on, but I think when you look past it all you can see that SuperChicken is the problem here. He is like the ultimate troll, he just sits back, types some gibberish about being gay, and then a lengthy flamewar is guaranteed to follow.

He has probably started 100 such threads over the years. In fact, despite his innocuous personality, he's probably started more flamewars than any other member.
I think that some people just need to learn to shut up and walk away, but I also agree that Chicken's telling us how it is and going on about his religious beliefs provoke a whole lot too (how could they not?) He needs to learn that just because it might be legal to exercise free speech, it is not always productive to bring up sensitive subject matter like this in mixed company.. at least in the manner in which he does.

This is why I tried to confront him earlier in this thread, but not many people seemed interested in pursuing this productive (or potentially productive, I thought) conversation. It quickly unraveled from there. If you feel strongly about this, I suggest politely calling him on something you feel is detrimental to a thread/forum, rather than simply ignoring him. If any, it's better to ignore people who just have to be right and can not have it any other way, rather than him. At least he's approachable.

Go back and read page two, and you'll see what I mean.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 04:17 PM

B He is like the ultimate troll, he just sits back, types some gibberish about being gay, and then a lengthy flamewar is guaranteed to follow.
I don't think he ever said he was gay has he?

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2005, 04:36 PM

Sigh... my funny thread has died a horrible horrible death...

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 5, 2005, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78
Wow! I've never seen this particular grammatical error in all my years on the Internet. Way to go! Things like "should of" instead of "should've" are quite common, but "kind've" instead of "kind of" is extremely rare in my experience.

And now back to your regularly scheduled fighting.
haha I LOVE it---a reverse of the common stupid-person mistake of saying things like "I should of called her." Scary stuff.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 04:49 PM

I don't think he ever said he was gay has he?
I don't know if you are intentionally twisting these words, or you have simply misread this (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I can see how this can be misread), but I'm pretty sure that he was saying that Chicken opened by discussing the *notion* of him being gay, not a proclomation that he is, in fact, gay.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
When all else fails and you want to revive a thread, a Bob Saget pic always goes a long way... Everybody loves him, and just by seeing his face one can instantly put unwanted feelings aside to enjoy a moment of his laughter and charity.

You should try posting some Bob Saget pictures sometime.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 05:06 PM

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 05:13 PM

Okay, this is NOT Bob Saget. This is clearly an uncanningly realistic lookalike. The real Bob Saget would never flip us the bird.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 05:14 PM

Ooh noo but it is him!

he said the word "****" in a movie once too.

I heard it I swearq1

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 05:16 PM

Hey Zimphire:

What is your signature supposed to be? I see a bunch of triangles and some music notes... did you play the triangle in your high school marching band or something, and still have a warm spot in your heart for your beloved triangle?

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN

upstrum, down strum.

besson3c
Clinically Insane

Ooh noo but it is him!

he said the word "****" in a movie once too.

I heard it I swearq1
More lies... **** is not a word, it's just a bunch of stars.

Do you have any pics of you playing the triangle in your high school marching band?

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Hey Zimphire:

What is your signature supposed to be? I see a bunch of triangles and some music notes... did you play the triangle in your high school marching band or something, and still have a warm spot in your heart for your beloved triangle?
I have a warm spot for you besson.

And it's not in my heart.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by d4nth3m4n
upstrum, down strum.
Ahhh... and you must have been the guitar player! Did you play in the same band as Zimphire?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 05:20 PM

Are you flirting with me?

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2005, 05:21 PM

Me too, but mine's the spot where I peed in a lake...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 07:00 PM

Me too, but mine's the spot where I peed in a lake...
Lake Winnipeg? I pooped in that lake once.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 08:51 PM

Must be that salty stuff between gay people...

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2005, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by SimpleLife
Must be that salty stuff between gay people...

Trying to be funny? Sorry, please play again.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 09:03 PM

Trying to be funny? Sorry, please play again.
I know I know.

But you know what? Sometimes we better have sense of humor, roll with the ball, and move on...

Please do not take it personal...

That'd be a mistake.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2005, 09:06 PM

I know I know.

But you know what? Sometimes we better have sense of humor, roll with the ball, and move on...

Please do not take it personal...

That'd be a mistake.
Sorry but.... "That salty stuff between gay people..." are you talking about sweat? Semen... and... I think straight people have both (well straight women don't make any on their own but...)

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2005, 09:11 PM

okay we have covered it all on bodily functions, from anal bleeding to sweat. this thread has been RIPE for lock since the last 4-5 pages.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 09:14 PM

okay we have covered it all on bodily functions, from anal bleeding to sweat. this thread has been RIPE for lock since the last 4-5 pages.
Nooooooooooooo!

Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!

Not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 09:14 PM

Sorry but.... "That salty stuff between gay people..." are you talking about sweat? Semen... and... I think straight people have both (well straight women don't make any on their own but...)
Well, 'tis all 'bout love!

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2005, 09:21 PM

Well, 'tis all 'bout love!

Love... what kind of love?

Agape? Sorge? Eros? Philia?

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 09:24 PM

Love... what kind of love?

Agape? Sorge? Eros? Philia?
No need to make it more complicted. Simply; Love.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2005, 09:29 PM

No need to make it more complicted. Simply; Love.
But what kind of love? Love means a lot of things.

Are we talking sexy love, are we talking selfless unconditional love, parental/mentor type love... how bout just love for a friend?

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 09:42 PM

But what kind of love? Love means a lot of things.

Are we talking sexy love, are we talking selfless unconditional love, parental/mentor type love... how bout just love for a friend?
PHEDRE

Mon mal vient de plus loin. A peine (1) au fils d'Egée (2)
Sous les lois de l'hymen je m'étais engagée,
Mon repos, mon bonheur semblait être affermi,
Athènes me montra mon superbe ennemi.
Je le vis, je rougis, je pâlis à sa vue ;
Un trouble s'éleva dans mon âme éperdue ;
Mes yeux ne voyaient plus, je ne pouvais parler ;
Je sentis tout mon corps et transir (3) et brûler ;
Je reconnus Vénus (4) et ses feux redoutables,
D'un sang qu'elle poursuit (5) tourments inévitables
Par des vœux assidus je crus les détourner :
Je luis bâtis un temple, et pris soin de l'orner ;
De victimes moi-même à toute heure entourée,
Je cherchais dans leurs flancs ma raison égarée.
D'un incurable amour remèdes impuissants !
En vain sur les autels ma main brûlait l'encens :
Quand ma bouche implorait le nom de la Déesse,
J'adorais Hypolite ; et le voyant sans cesse,
Même au pied des autels que je faisais fumer,
J'offrais tout à ce Dieu que je n'osais nommer.
Je l'évitais partout. O comble de misère !
Mes yeux le retrouvaient dans les traits de son père
Contre moi-même enfin j'osai me révolter :
J'excitai mon courage à le persécuter.
Pour bannir l'ennemi dont j'étais idolâtre,
J'affectai les chagrins d'une injuste marâtre ;
Je pressai son exil, et mes cris éternels
L'arrachèrent du sein et des bras paternels.
Je respirais, Oenone ; et depuis son absence,
Mes jours moins agités coulaient dans l'innocence.
En Anglois

Phaedra

My wound is not so recent. Scarcely had I
Been bound to Theseus by the marriage yoke,
And happiness and peace seem'd well secured,
When Athens show'd me my proud enemy.
I look'd, alternately turn'd pale and blush'd
To see him, and my soul grew all distraught;
A mist obscured my vision, and my voice
Falter'd, my blood ran cold, then burn'd like fire;
Venus I felt in all my fever'd frame,
Whose fury had so many of my race
Pursued. With fervent vows I sought to shun
Her torments, built and deck'd for her a shrine,
And there, 'mid countless victims did I seek
The reason I had lost; but all for naught,
No remedy could cure the wounds of love!
In vain I offer'd incense on her altars;
When I invoked her name my heart adored
Hippolytus, before me constantly;
And when I made her altars smoke with victims,
'Twas for a god whose name I dared not utter.
I fled his presence everywhere, but found him
O crowning horror!‑in his father's features.
Against myself, at last, I raised revolt,
And stirr'd my courage up to persecute
The enemy I loved. To banish him
I wore a step‑dame's harsh and jealous carriage,
With ceaseless cries I clamour'd for his exile,
Till I had torn him from his father's arms.
I breathed once more, Oenone; in his absence
My days flow'd on less troubled than before,
And innocent. Submissive to my husband,
I hid my grief, and of our fatal marriage
Cherish'd the fruits. Vain caution! Cruel Fate!
Brought hither by my spouse himself, I saw
Again the enemy whom I had banish'd,
And the old wound too quickly bled afresh.
No longer is it love hid in my heart,
But Venus in her might seizing her prey.
I have conceived just terror for my crime;
I hate my life, and hold my love in horror.
Dying I wish'd to keep my fame unsullied,
And bury in the grave a guilty passion;
But I have been unable to withstand
Tears and entreaties, I have told you all;
Content, if only, as my end draws near,
You do not vex me with unjust reproaches,
Nor with vain efforts seek to snatch from death
The last faint lingering sparks of vital breath.
That kind of love...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 11:04 PM

I think some good came of it, we learned that Zimphire used to play the triangle in his high school marching band.

I also have a theory.. I've been thinking about this... When Zimphire posts a lot, maybe it's because while he played the triangle, even though he put his heart and soul into it, he wasn't really noticed and didn't really feel like an important part of the band. So he has compensated, and is now very outspoken.

At any rate, we know that Zimphire is a musician!

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2005, 11:33 PM

^
^

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 11:36 PM

whose broken record is that? I hope it wasn't valuable...

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 11:42 PM

high school marching band.
Those things freak me out.
As such, they're the first things I'm going to ban when I start my presidency.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 11:44 PM

whose broken record is that? I hope it wasn't valuable...
BTW dude, shouldn't you be fixing your web site so it works in Safari?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2005, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Those things freak me out.
As such, they're the first things I'm going to ban when I start my presidency.
Why is that?

Forum Links
Forum Rules