Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The new Dr. Who already quit!

The new Dr. Who already quit! (Page 8)
PlacidTubs
Forum Regular
Jul 4, 2007, 08:50 AM

New companion announced.

I'm really not looking forward to the next series now.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2007, 09:10 AM

oh god nO!!! i hate that chick

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

thirsty
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 4, 2007, 09:57 AM

this Sucks...... Martha was awesome, I preferred her to Rose. But this new chick just does not suit Dr Who period, to darn annoying..... Big mistake Russell Big Mistake
if you can't be part of the solution don't be part of the problem!!!!

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2007, 11:47 AM

I've stopped watching Dr Who, but I can't believe they're going to cast Tate - she was horrendous in the xmas special.
Won't watch her in Dr Who unless its vastly superior to my current expectations..!
we don't have time to stop for gas

Paco500
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2007, 02:57 PM

Wow. A lot of haters. I'm surprised by the choice, but good comedy is harder to do than good drama, and I think she is damn funny. She was clearly cast in the Xmas special as comic relief, but I assume she will take on a more dramatic role in the series.

And I bet she'll do it well.

Oversoul
Senior User
Jul 4, 2007, 04:11 PM

O-M-F-G NO! That shrill, whiny, self-deluded, unconfident spinster of a character as a companion? No no no! Catherine Tate is irritating enough, but her bride character was absolutely intolerable. Not looking forward to this at all.

andi*pandi
Jul 10, 2007, 07:11 PM

count me in with the "disappointed in the finale" crowd. the master was over the top, but even that was better than the over-sappy ending. Hated muppet mini-doctor. The doctor has had no trouble wishing the master dead before, last of the time lords or no, so the whole end was... what?

And the "time lords resurrected me to be a weapon in the time war" excuse doesn't account for the fact that the last time we saw the master, he was sucked into the eye of harmony. Unless there's a book I've missed that explains it?

Forum Links
Forum Rules