Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari hangs and quits unexpectedly

Safari hangs and quits unexpectedly
soulboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2006, 04:46 PM

I have a Macbook 2GHz intel, 1Gb Ram. I connect via Airport to a Netgear DG834G wireless modem router then to an 8meg line. My ISP is Bulldog.
The problems I am having is when I open a page in safari it will start to load and the blue bar will go as far as http//: then stop.It will hang for anything up to 10 to 15 seconds before loading and a couple of times safari has just quit dumping all open pages.
So a couple of questions, has anyone else had a similar problem? Do you know of any issues with airport and Netgear modems? Could this be software or a hardware problem ?
I have a Dell intel dualcore notebook which I run on the same router with no problems.
I have tried loading the same page on both notebooks at the same time and the Dell hammers the macbook everytime.
I have tried changing the channels on the router in case it was clashing with my wireless system for my Sky+ but it made no difference. The router firmware is up to date. The Macbook firmware and sofware are all up to date.
I live in a new(ish) 1 bed flat with only stud walls and am never more than 16 feet from my router,
Any help would be good as I am getting very frustrated...............

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2006, 04:57 PM

check your crashlog right after it happens and post the pertinent lines here.
The Bitcastle
graphic design, web development, hosting

soulboy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2006, 05:29 PM

Am still quite new to macs, how do i find crashlog and is it stored or deleated after I shutdown the macbook

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2006, 07:49 PM

look in your home folder > Library > Logs > Crash Reporter and there is a file for everything that crashes. You can safely delete them then make something crash and then the whole file will be the latest info on your crash instead of trying to locate just the newest lines. make sense?
The Bitcastle
graphic design, web development, hosting

mojito
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2007, 07:18 PM

I have the same problem with my intel imac '20. and ive used two other intel macs wiith the same problem. All browsers same problem on intel mac for me.
Ruins internet experience

Forum Links
Forum Rules