Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Apple Watch arrival forcing fitness wearables off Apple store shelves

Apple Watch arrival forcing fitness wearables off Apple store shelves
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Mar 12, 2015, 05:23 PM

In the wake of the "Spring Forward" full reveal for Apple's watch, other fitness-oriented wearables have been struck from the inventory of both the Apple online store, as well as the retail lineup. Confirmed as removed are the Nike FuelBand, and the Jawbone UP. Some more specific health monitoring peripherals still exist, however.

Heart rate monitors such as the Tickr are still available, but for how long remains uncertain. Liz Dickinson, MIO CEO was reportedly told that the Fuse and other similar products would be removed from sale, and she recieved this notification "months ago."

Dickinson wasn't specifically told the Apple Watch was the impetus for the removal, but the inference is clear. She said of the removal that "they said they brought in a new executive in the marketing area who wanted to rework branding for the stores, and to make the Apple brand more front and center and clean up and minimize the number of accessories."
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Mar 12, 2015 at 08:51 PM. )

FireWire
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2015, 11:15 PM

I hate that part about Apple... like the time they removed all the books from one author because steve didn't like him.. come on.. be above that...

coffeetime
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2015, 11:33 PM

Why not? Why should there be a book talking craps about me sitting in my house so my visitors can know my darkest secrets? Why should I let the competitors making money off my own property when I have my own products to sell from my own home? Let Walmart and Target do their share and they have much bigger space to sell vs the limited space Apple Store.

Forum Links
Forum Rules