Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > One seriously sick, messed up mother

One seriously sick, messed up mother
Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2005, 01:40 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) -- A woman angry with her 12-year-old daughter for having sex forced the girl to drink bleach and sat on her until the child died, a police detective said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/14/da....ap/index.html
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2005, 06:25 AM

Tough love.

Splinter
Senior User
Jan 15, 2005, 06:37 AM

Dude... that's fooked up!
What you don't see with your eyes, don't invent with your mouth. Yiddish proverb

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2005, 01:06 PM

She doesn't deserve the title of "mother."

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 15, 2005, 02:00 PM

For real, this is disturbing. Where was the dad in all this? Men, are you out there? Help RAISE THE KIDS YOU HELPED PRODUCE!!!
ebuddy

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2005, 04:05 PM

Truly sick and twisted. Why is this in the Political lounge, though? I think we can all agree that this ranks among the viler crimes in recent memory, so why put it here?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 10:10 AM

Maybe because she deserves the death penalty and the people against capital punishment are going to swarm this thread and say, "NO, she can be rehabilitated.

This story is just as bad.

DISGUSTING.

badidea
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2005, 11:22 AM

Sick mother!!
Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
Maybe because she deserves the death penalty and the people against capital punishment are going to swarm this thread
exactly!
and say, "NO, she can be rehabilitated.

No - because the death penalty is just as sick!

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2005, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Truly sick and twisted. Why is this in the Political lounge, though? I think we can all agree that this ranks among the viler crimes in recent memory, so why put it here?
Are you saying that if it was in the lounge everyone wouldn't say put it in the Political lounge?
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 12:56 PM

Well, I'm not as die-hard (pun intended) about capital punishment as I used to be.

I actually think that locking people up for life is a good idea. Suffering in a prison for the rest of your life, taking away from freedom, taking away meaningful relationships, and prison food is appropriate for people who commit heinous crimes.

On the other hand, the death penalty means that we don't spend a million dollars over the course of a person's lifetime in some mock sham supporting that person and trying to "rehabilitate" someone who is never going to be in public again and therefore does not need "rehabilitation."

joltguy
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 18, 2005, 02:19 PM

That is absolutely terrible. If you've been fortunate enough to have been blessed with children (I have 2 sweet little girls) then their health and happiness should be the most important thing in the world to you. Capital punishment methods are much too civilized a treatment for a despicable criminal like this. May that little girl rest in peace and I hope her little brother is eventually able to overcome the serious trauma of this tragedy.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 02:22 PM

Well said.

Did you see the other one at the link I posted above? The one about the girl who threw her baby into an alley and left it for many hours in the cold while bleeding from a cracked skull, then she and her boyfriend put it in a Christmas bag and left it on the steps of a church?

SICKOS.

I have no sympathy for people like that, not even if they're kids.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 02:43 PM

Well, I'm not as die-hard (pun intended) about capital punishment as I used to be.

I actually think that locking people up for life is a good idea. Suffering in a prison for the rest of your life, taking away from freedom, taking away meaningful relationships, and prison food is appropriate for people who commit heinous crimes.

On the other hand, the death penalty means that we don't spend a million dollars over the course of a person's lifetime in some mock sham supporting that person and trying to "rehabilitate" someone who is never going to be in public again and therefore does not need "rehabilitation."
CD, I'd agree with you IF prison was actually, well, prison. But no, they get plasma TVs, three square meals, recreation (even solitaries get 1 hour), most get visitation, relationships (of some sort) with fellow inmates, indoor plumbing, medication, etc.

There are people just outside of prisons that don't get half of that. So yes, I make the blanket statement that MANY people in prison have it better than MANY people living on the outside.

I remember the days of driving down through Corpus Christi and off in the distance, you could see this wave moving all across the horizon. As you got closer, you realized it was a line of men -- as many as 100 -- chained together, tilling the farm land BY HAND, in sync, with a mounted prison guards holding a rifles all around. These guys would also spend 4 to 6 hours EVERY DAY busting rocks to make shale for the highway department. These guys had to WORK off their debt to society, not sit in an air-conditioned cell and watch ESPN.

Getting free cable, 3 square meals, basketball, and the like isn't hard enough to me. Make them bust rocks. Make them grow their food. Strip them of their rights, as they stripped someone else of theirs. Doing that will reform someone -- investigate recidivism from 40 years ago to toady.

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Jan 18, 2005, 08:09 PM

Railhead, right on!

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Xaositect
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 18, 2005, 08:23 PM

She doesn't deserve the title of "mother."

Yes, she does. Provided it's only the first half of the title.

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 08:30 PM

That 9 year old is going to be one screwed up kid.

Makes you want to adopt him with a promise that you won't kill anyone living in your house.
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 09:09 PM

Wow, RAILhead.

I'm pretty impressed and you know what? I agree with you.

I love Maricopa county in Arizona where the prisoners all have to live in tents with no air conditioning and work EVERY DAY.

Maricopa tent city jail.

There ya go, RAILhead!

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 18, 2005, 09:14 PM

Xaositect said
ROFLMAO!

Mafia
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2005, 09:45 PM

welcome to alabama, imo.
http://www.mafia-designs.com

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 19, 2005, 02:01 AM

Originally posted by Xaositect:
moth?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2005, 11:18 AM

Wow, RAILhead.

I'm pretty impressed and you know what? I agree with you.

I love Maricopa county in Arizona where the prisoners all have to live in tents with no air conditioning and work EVERY DAY.

Maricopa tent city jail.

There ya go, RAILhead!

Arpaio knows what he's doing. Anyone think that the guys in his prison will ever want to go back? Of course, in this day an age, they'll leave Arizona and statistically get arrested and held in another state -- whose "prison" will seem like a Country Club.

If EVERY prison was like his, then not only would all of us taxpayers NOT be paying for the perp's LUXURIES, they'd get out of his prison and not want to go to ANY prison again. That's what makes a reformed inmate: make him/her hate prison so much they decide to better themselves and not fall back into the life that got them there to begin with.

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2005, 11:56 AM

Very sad, such a heinous crime. No punishment on Earth to fit her crime.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Forum Links
Forum Rules