Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 3 exciting new Gamecube games coming up! NOT!

3 exciting new Gamecube games coming up! NOT! (Page 4)
Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2005, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Actually, the GC controller does have slightly fewer buttons. It has nothing analogous to Select (the first Nintendo system not to have such a button), and although the Z button could be considered analogous to the PS2's R2, there is no button analogous to L2.
The PS2 also has 4 L $ R buttons and both the PS2 and Xboz allow the analog joysticks to be pressed down which is used a lot in game and a great idea.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 28, 2005, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker:
Good, because it is the most visually stunning game I have ever seen. Better than halo or Metriod. I am having so much fun with its creative game-style and it is so detailed and pretty I feel like I am on a damn vacation when playing it.

On the PS2 it wouldn't have looked half as nice and the Cube would be awkward as it needs more buttons than the GC provides to make it easy to use.
You don't get it. Microsoft is flushing all the money they can into this system but aren't getting results. The only results they've gotten so far were sales of Halo 2, which can't be replicated other quarters for obvious reasons. If Microsoft is having to pay people to make their games exclusively for XBox, that tells you the kind of situation XBox is in.

It would be like Apple selling the iMac G5 for $500 and paying off game developers to make Mac games. It seems like a good idea, until you look at it from Apple's perspective.

In this context, the Gamecube is no longer bad business anymore. It makes Nintendo's Gamecube business look insanely better than Microsoft's XBox business.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2005, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by goMac:
You don't get it. Microsoft is flushing all the money they can into this system but aren't getting results.
Really? I'd have to say a newcomer to the market and now having the best selling system beating Nintendo with 20 years experience and Sony with its huge market is results. They are capturing the market by selling it for a loss now but with the X2 they will have gotten everyones attention and start making money.

Or did you think every new company starts making money from day one?

Amazon.com went years without making a penny.

And all through this the consumer wins.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 28, 2005, 03:17 PM

Really? I'd have to say a newcomer to the market and now having the best selling system beating Nintendo with 20 years experience and Sony with its huge market is results. They are capturing the market by selling it for a loss now but with the X2 they will have gotten everyones attention and start making money.

No, the consumer loses when Microsoft decides the XBox is too expensive to do and it gets cut, or Microsoft raises prices much higher on the next XBox and everyone is stuck on a platform that is now really expensive.

Amazon did online retail. That was the sole mission of the company. If they lost that they had nothing else. Microsoft has many many things they are into. They would have no problem ditching XBox or raising prices because they aren't making money.

XBox 2 is going to be $400-$500. Thats how Microsoft plans to make money. And even at that price I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking a loss.

As far as taking over the marketplace, demand is related to price. If Nintendo unveiled the $10 Gamecube tomorrow I'm sure we'd see them take over the market.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2005, 03:26 PM

The PS2 also has 4 L $ R buttons and both the PS2 and Xboz allow the analog joysticks to be pressed down which is used a lot in game and a great idea.
I hate all those L & R buttons. GC controller has two buttons with the functionality of four, far better IMO.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 28, 2005, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by TheBadgerHunter:
I hate all those L & R buttons. GC controller has two buttons with the functionality of four, far better IMO.
I'm actually kinda annoyed by the trigger and the right button being in the same spot myself. I'd hate 4 l/r buttons.

fhoubi
Senior User
Jan 28, 2005, 04:21 PM

Having both the PS/2 and the Gamecube, imo holding the controller is where my Nitendo (Wavebird) excells, but using it is where the PS/2 wins. I love f.e. Gran Turismo to dead, and I immediately rearrange the layout of the buttons so that shifting becomes R1 and R2. Now I can hold the controller firmly with my right hand, having one finger between the two for shifting and thumb for breaking and accelerate. No other layout will do it for me... Analog thumb buttons make sense, shoulder buttons only on the Nintendo not. And the X-Box sucks...
I'm-a trying to wonder, wonder, wonder why you, wonder, wonder why you act so.

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2005, 04:34 PM

My two cents: I've never found the four L and R buttons to be anything specatcular, and pushing down on the analog joysticks is a nuissance. Not to mention the Playstation controller's overall design is just an outdated rip of a Super Nintendo controller. Never have I enjoyed the analog joysticks on it, while there are some incredibly strange button placements on the XBox controller.

Now this isn't directed towards gaming on those systems, rather, I find their controller designs to be sub-par, and especially when compared to the Cube's design.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2005, 05:59 PM

It's funny watching an XBox fanboy rip on the GC when they're both gnats on the back of PS2's market share.

Tell me, is it Nintendo's fault or your fault or yours that your expectations were unrealistically high (keep in mind that every console was over-hyped before release - wasn't PS2's emotion engine supposed to be orgasm inducing or something?)? The funny thing is that the present market situation just validates Nintendo's stance: it's the games, stupid. It just so happens that Sony is the winner in that department with killer apps for the casual gamer like the GTA series, the Metal Gears, et al. MS took the techno-fetishist crowd outside of Japan, promising the longest e-penis of all the consoles. Oh, yeah, it also had Halo for the fps fanboys. That didn't leave Nintendo with a whole heck of a lot - youth not afraid of the word "kiddy," hardcore Nintendo fans, and hardcore gamers (the demographic likely to buy 2 or 3 of the consoles anyway).

Next gen, who knows. The only guarantee I offer is it'll be fun to watch.

BlackGriffen
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2005, 04:43 AM

Oh yeah.... and consumers won with Windows 3.1, 95, 98, ME,2000, XP, Longhorn, Internet Explorer, Windows Media, etc,etc...
I see EXACTLY what you mean dude....
i start a gaming company, give away the console hardware to consumers (who will take it cause it's such a good deal), pay and buy off developers to make games, and i do that for a few years...loosing money the whole way.... and when the competition dies off, consumers will be happy and i can raise my prices (like licencing costs, hardware, etc) and thats awesome for developers, consumers and me.<sarcasm>

And when i start selling(giving away) consoler at a greater rate than the competition, ill be deemed a success. wow.... sounds like a plan.<sarcasm>.

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2005, 11:17 PM

And the point is Microsoft cares if they are making money off it. It doesn't matter how many people like it. If they don't make money on it it will eventually die. In the end Microsoft will raise prices, and the platform will no longer be as attractive. Simple economics. Price goes up. Demand goes down.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000070029526/

"Many of us never thought this day would come. Ever. The Xbox doesn�t make money! It�s just a tool for market share! Well, we�re still right to an extent, but I�m still surprised to read that the Xbox made $84 million in the last fiscal quarter, compared to the $397 million it lost in the same
period a year earlier.

Now, this still doesn�t mean that Microsoft has made any money on the Xbox venture (one quarter of profit does not outweigh 3 years of losses), but I think it�s painfully obvious by now that Microsoft is in this business for the long run.

And, personally, I think, without a game of Halo 2-size proportions announced for 2005, it seems that Microsoft will be hard pressed to do it again. But could it perhaps make Mr. Gates rethink launching the Xbox 2 later this year, now that the original �box is doing this well?"
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 30, 2005, 12:09 AM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000070029526/

"Many of us never thought this day would come. Ever. The Xbox doesn�t make money! It�s just a tool for market share! Well, we�re still right to an extent, but I�m still surprised to read that the Xbox made $84 million in the last fiscal quarter, compared to the $397 million it lost in the same
period a year earlier.

Now, this still doesn�t mean that Microsoft has made any money on the Xbox venture (one quarter of profit does not outweigh 3 years of losses), but I think it�s painfully obvious by now that Microsoft is in this business for the long run.

And, personally, I think, without a game of Halo 2-size proportions announced for 2005, it seems that Microsoft will be hard pressed to do it again. But could it perhaps make Mr. Gates rethink launching the Xbox 2 later this year, now that the original �box is doing this well?"
Except thats software and hardware. Halo 2 made money. Take out Halo 2, the XBox division loses money. And unless Microsoft can release a new Halo every quarter, its an overall loss. The XBox isn't doing any better.

Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2005, 12:35 AM

Except thats software and hardware. Halo 2 made money. Take out Halo 2, the XBox division loses money. And unless Microsoft can release a new Halo every quarter, its an overall loss. The XBox isn't doing any better.
What was that about Zelda?

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2005, 02:51 AM

What about it? Last I checked, Nintendo makes money every quarter whether they release a Zelda game or not.

BG
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2005, 11:15 PM

hmmmm.... so XBox lost $300 million + in a single quarter... lol thats pathetic. after so many years they finally have a quarter in the black thanks to ONE game (not hardware). How many quarters/years/decades is it going to take them to break even. And when i say break even, i mean..... having their acoounts balanced. $0 profit $0 loss. lol...i guess when you make billions by cheating and stealing, it's easier to throw it all away....thats Microsoft for you.

Cheers.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2005, 11:18 PM

I think you forgot to add... Metroid, Mario, Donkey Kong, Star fox, Pokemon, to your list.

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 30, 2005, 11:20 PM

Games don't need to be all blood and guts to be fun.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2005, 01:52 AM

The bottom line is this. People want quality games to play. They don't care if they come from Nintendo, Microsoft or Betty Crocker.

The Xbox has a lot of quality games. The PS2 has a lot of quality games. The Gamecube... it doesn't have as many quality games. You get about two AAA titles a year and then nothing. You get just as many AAA titles on the Xbox and PS2 as well as dozens of AA and A games. 3rd parties are fleeing the Gamecube like it's a sinking ship. It's sad but true.

If you can be happy with two good games a year, tthen go for the cube... otherwise you need to look elsewhere.

I used to be a huge Nintendo fanboy. I've bought every system they ever put out (other than the NES and DS) on the day of release. But Nintendo has burned me. They have lost something. I want to keep on loving them and supporting them but they keep doing stupid things.

I don't care if Microsoft ever makes money with the Xbox. It's of no concern to me. As long as I have good games to play, I don't care what system they are relased on. I'm sure I will buy Nintendos next system. I'll buy it the day it comes out. But they better not screw it up, because this is going to be there last chance.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 31, 2005, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by ort888:
The bottom line is this. People want quality games to play. They don't care if they come from Nintendo, Microsoft or Betty Crocker.

The Xbox has a lot of quality games. The PS2 has a lot of quality games. The Gamecube... it doesn't have as many quality games. You get about two AAA titles a year and then nothing. You get just as many AAA titles on the Xbox and PS2 as well as dozens of AA and A games. 3rd parties are fleeing the Gamecube like it's a sinking ship. It's sad but true.

If you can be happy with two good games a year, tthen go for the cube... otherwise you need to look elsewhere.

I used to be a huge Nintendo fanboy. I've bought every system they ever put out (other than the NES and DS) on the day of release. But Nintendo has burned me. They have lost something. I want to keep on loving them and supporting them but they keep doing stupid things.

I don't care if Microsoft ever makes money with the Xbox. It's of no concern to me. As long as I have good games to play, I don't care what system they are relased on. I'm sure I will buy Nintendos next system. I'll buy it the day it comes out. But they better not screw it up, because this is going to be there last chance.
Which is your opinion. I have no problem with it. However, I personally find the games on Gamecube much more fun than the ones on other systems.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2005, 02:05 AM

I'm a fan of Nintendo games myself. They just don't put out enough to keep me happy.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2005, 10:09 AM

The Xbox has a lot of quality games. The PS2 has a lot of quality games. The Gamecube... it doesn't have as many quality games.
We have decidedly different ideas of what a quality game is. Also, how many games do you buy a year?

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2005, 12:08 PM

I'm a fan of Nintendo games myself. They just don't put out enough to keep me happy.
Let me count the ways. Here are some games I consider to be good from the last year - the ones with a * are GC exclusive (at least for now):
  • Viewtiful Joe 2*
  • Resident Evil 4*
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes*
  • Tales of Symphonia * (at least, * outside of Japan)
  • Custom Robo*
  • Pikmin 2*
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • X-Men Legends
Titles that look interesting this year (again, * indicates exclusivity, even if it's only for a while):
  • Star Fox Assault*
  • Killer 7*
  • TimeSplitters Future Perfect
  • Fire Emblem GC*
  • Geist*
  • Legend of Zelda*
  • Advance Wars*
And, of course, more TBA at E3. The biggest problem, as I see it, is that people, for whatever reason, aren't buying second tier games for the GC. My guess is that it's a mixture of buying multi-platform games on PS2 by default and some other factors. That, of course, encourages devs to cut back efforts for the GC, hurting perceptions, etc.

BlackGriffen

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2005, 06:40 PM

I haven't found this bundle on any sites yet, but the games teletext say that there will be a Gamecube bundle for �90 of a Platinum GC and controller, Resident Evil 4 and a Making Of RE 4 DVD.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2005, 06:57 PM

Viewtiful Joe 2 Liked the first one, but never got around to beating it. Not that interested.

Resident Evil 4 Absolutely loved it. Possible game of the year.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Great game. Lacked the magic and novelty of the first, but was still incredible.

Tales of Symphonia Not interested

Custom Robo Not interested

Pikmin 2 Didn't like the first one

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Not interested

X-Men Legends Not interested

Star Fox Assault Maybe. Need to see reviews. Probably a no.

Killer 7 Not interested.

TimeSplitters Future Perfect Not interested. If I did get it, I would go with XBox for the online play.

Fire Emblem GC Maybe. Need to see reviews.

Geist Maybe. Need to see reviews.

Legend of Zelda Werd up.

Advance Wars Will probably buy out of my undying love for the GBA game, but it doesn't look so hot.

Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2005, 02:28 AM

Star Fox Assault Maybe. Need to see reviews. Probably a no.
Just watched the trailers on IGN.

Um, it looks ok, I mean it brings NOTHING new to the table, just updated graphics and sound which Nintendo fans here are harping exactly against. Well it does bring new, ground fighting levels.... no wait, those aren't new, they were in Rebel strike over a year ago and everyone HATED it.

My guess is nostalgic Starfox fans (like myself) will get it for the space levels and just rush through the ground levels to get to more flying.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2005, 02:36 AM

Well, I just signed up for GameFly, so now I can try all these mediocre games I would never dream of buying.

It looks like a pretty cool service actually. I'm paying $13.95 a month to be on their "one game at a time" plan. It should save me a lot of money in the long run, as I will no longer need to pay $50 bucks for every game I'm interested in trying, but probably wont play for more than 15 hours.

Starfox is on my list.. as is almost every other GameCube game coming out this year.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2005, 02:51 AM

Wow, I don't like the sound effects or the visuals for the explosions in those Star Fox videos at all. Otherwise, it looks cool.

Right now, I'm still working on RE4. Easily, the greatest RE game, and one of the better games I've played in a long while.

Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 01:00 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Wow, I don't like the sound effects or the visuals for the explosions in those Star Fox videos at all. Otherwise, it looks cool.
Well it turns out I guessed 100% right last night by watching the previews.

Star Fox SUCKS!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/584/584...html?fromint=1

So what is left that is exclusive other than Zelda with no release date?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2005, 02:36 AM

Well it turns out I guessed 100% right last night by watching the previews.

Star Fox SUCKS!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/584/584...html?fromint=1

Hm. The reader average is 9.2... It's not even by Nintendo.. and I wasn't planning on buying it even if it was good or bad cause I don't like Starfox too much... Never even owned it on the 64 and never played the SNES version.

So tell me why I should care? I'll just go back to waiting for Zelda this year thank you...

Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 02:43 AM

Hm. The reader average is 9.2... It's not even by Nintendo.. and I wasn't planning on buying it even if it was good or bad cause I don't like Starfox too much... Never even owned it on the 64 and never played the SNES version.

So tell me why I should care? I'll just go back to waiting for Zelda this year thank you...
The readers like it because they want to justify the purchase and have not much else to play?

Why do you care? I dunno, you are the one constantly replying and defending so you tell me.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2005, 02:49 AM

I dunno, you are the one constantly replying...
Kettle... meet pot...

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 12:39 PM

[...]
*looks at his own list*
Are you brain dead? That list I made is hardly a complete list of exclusives. Hell, if you're only considering games as high a profile as Zelda, what does XBox have left? M$ shot it's wad with Halo last year - what other really high profile exclusive is coming to XBox, ever? Any high profile exclusives coming MS way in the future will probably be saved for XBox2.

Face it - M$ has shot its wad, rolled over and gone to sleep. You won't have another really major game from them until XBox2 is on the shelves, requiring further investment on your part if you want anything else from them.

So, was the XBox worth it's 2 games (3 if you're some kind of DOA pervert)?

Gamecube may not have the library of PS2, but it certainly outdoes XBox in terms of exclusives.

BlackGriffen

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 01:17 PM

3 games? there are a ton of great Xbox exclusives...

Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham Racing
PGR 2
DOA
Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden
Fable
Doom 3
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crimson Skies
Mech Assault 1 and 2
and a bunch more I can't think of right now.

Microsoft has Jade Empire, Conker, Advent Rising, Project Snowblind, Doom 3 and a lot more coming up in the next year.

Not only that, but the Xbox gets the best version of every multi-console game. When you factor that in with online play you have a darn good console.

It's a nice machine with a lot of great games to pick from. I didn't want one for a long time, but had to cave in because Nintendo wasn't putting out enough games I wanted to play. I needed more options.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
*looks at his own list*
Are you brain dead? That list I made is hardly a complete list of exclusives. Hell, if you're only considering games as high a profile as Zelda, what does XBox have left? M$ shot it's wad with Halo last year - what other really high profile exclusive is coming to XBox, ever?
Are you brain dead?

How about the biggest cult classic game ever for Nintendo. A little something called CONKERS!

They beefed up the game from the N64 version plus added a gigantic online play part. And you know how people just hate that playing with others thing.

Not to mention Star Wars Elite Commando which is a Halo set in star wars.

Also a game that is supposedly BETTER than GT4 is out within a month.

Those listed GC titles are pitiful, even the ones ort888 listed have already been out for ages or even he isn't interested in them. So far the previews for all of them are meh.

Ps2 also has some amazing action adventure games coming.

Oddworld for Xbox that just came out a week ago is better than 3 Mario's.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 01:34 PM

3 games? [...]
You missed the most important part: games with as high a profile as Zelda.

The Lucas fetishist seems to have missed the point, too.

BG

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 01:38 PM

Crimson Skies
That is one of the best games i have ever played. 100x better that Star Wars Rouge Squad. The online play is also incredible and lets the game live on for ages. I have been playing it consistently for a year which is really unheard of for most games.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 02:11 PM

Overall, SFA looks solid so far to me. Not outstanding or spectacular, but solid. GC also just got one of the greatest games of all time (as measured by reviews) - RE4. Basically, GC has the same problem as the N64 - few, high quality games. That is apparently not enough for those sad folks who look to video games to soak up all their free time, but for connoisseurs who don't particularly have need of blind loyalty to a platform it's just fine.

BG

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
Overall, SFA looks solid so far to me. Not outstanding or spectacular, but solid. GC also just got one of the greatest games of all time (as measured by reviews) - RE4. Basically, GC has the same problem as the N64 - few, high quality games. That is apparently not enough for those sad folks who look to video games to soak up all their free time, but for connoisseurs who don't particularly have need of blind loyalty to a platform it's just fine.

BG
Ya 1-2 games a year is a great business model

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2005, 03:41 PM

Ya 1-2 games a year is a great business model
Seems to work for Nintendo. I only have 5 Gamecube games total, half I never play, so it works for me. I'll only usually make myself buy a game if its insanely good. Gamecube has more quality games than XBox, so I went with Gamecube. Halo 2 almost made me buy an XBox, but Zelda made me change my mind. And while I wait for Zelda I still have the first one for Gamecube and Smash Brothers for playing with friends.

Some people don't care about how many games are on a system. I just want to play the cream of the crop, and the majority of those games seem to be by Nintendo. Halo 2 is the only one I can think of thats an XBox exclusive. I don't have time to play all the games on a system. Maybe 1-3 over a whole year.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 05:08 PM

Some people don't care about how many games are on a system. I just want to play the cream of the crop, and the majority of those games seem to be by Nintendo. Halo 2 is the only one I can think of thats an XBox exclusive. I don't have time to play all the games on a system. Maybe 1-3 over a whole year.
You and other nintendo exclusives are under the impression that Nintendo is the only one coming out with mindblowing games once every 2 or 3 years and everything else on every system is just filler rushed out crap.

I could name at least 6 games that are much better than anything on the gamecube.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 05:19 PM

I could name at least 6 games that are much better than anything on the gamecube.
There is no Xbox game that is as good as Wind Waker.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 05:27 PM

Originally posted by lavar78:
There is no Xbox game that is as good as Wind Waker.
If that was true I would still want 6 EXCELLENT games over one game.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2005, 05:48 PM

You and other nintendo exclusives are under the impression that Nintendo is the only one coming out with mindblowing games once every 2 or 3 years and everything else on every system is just filler rushed out crap.

Ummmm... Halo? Oh wait... I have that on my computer. Halo 2? Too much of the same old. Doom 3? Computer. Knights of the Old Republic? Computer. Fable almost interested me as I'm a fan of Peter whats-his-face but the game didn't ship with half the stuff it was supposed to, and Black and White for XBox was very disappointing (oh wait... thats on computer too). Dues Ex 2? Computer. None of the "XBox exclusives" are really exclusive at all.

I don't buy a console to play the same games I could play on my computer. I buy a console to play games build for a console, not slimmed down computer games. Nintendo seems to be the only one building actual console games anymore. Zelda, Mario Kart, and Smash Brothers are all examples of games clearly built for consoles. Microsoft has nothing like them.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 05:56 PM

Outstanding exclusive games:

Xbox:
Halo 1, 2 (only came out 2 years later for PC's)
Crimson skies
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath

PS2:
Jack, 1,2 &3
Ratchet and Clank 1,2 & 3
GTA 3,4,5
GT 3, 4

Those are all hot sellers highly reviewed ones just off the top of my head.

No friggin, mario Cart and Mario tennis thanks. And I even own Mario Kart and it got to be a bore in 4 days.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 05:57 PM

If that were true, I would still want 6 EXCELLENT games over one game.
The Xbox doesn't have 6 "EXCELLENT" games AFAIC.

Fixed� BTW.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2005, 06:05 PM

Outstanding exclusive games:

Xbox:
Halo 1, 2 (only came out 2 years later for PC's)
Crimson skies
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath

PS2:
Jack, 1,2 &3
Ratchet and Clank 1,2 & 3
GTA 3,4,5
GT 3, 4

Those are all hot sellers highly reviewed ones just off the top of my head.

No friggin, mario Cart and Mario tennis thanks. And I even own Mario Kart and it got to be a bore in 4 days.
Halo 1 you can get for computer, Halo 2 is more of the same, never played or heard of Crimson Skies even from my friends with XBoxs, Oddworld looked ok, not great.

As for PS2.... I'd just buy GTA for PC anyway. Out of all of those.. I'd say GTA is really the only one in the console genre. I don't know much about most of the PS2 games, but XBox really isn't in the console genre.

If you haven't gotten it yet, I'm more of a long term gamer. I still haven't finished Metroid Prime, and I'll probably do Zelda over three months. I'll only go for the truly excellent games because I only play about one every three months. XBox just doesn't do it for really good games. They just have a bunch of mediocre games with a few good ones. With most Nintendo franchises (i.e Zelda, Metroid) I know I'll always get an excellent game I'll enjoy. The quality on Nintendo games is just much better, and you don't get as much cookie cutter design as you do in Halo.

And I'm not a big Mario Tennis fan myself, although it seems to be the new cool game here in the dorm. I didn't like the Gamecube Mario Kart as much as the n64 one, which is why I don't own it. I've actually been playing a lot of Mario Party recently with friends which is pretty cool. No one is forcing you to go do the little kid things so we generally stay away from that stuff and just play.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 06:43 PM

I enjoy Mario Tennis, but it isn't as good as the N64 version, which was damn near perfect. It's still a great game.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 06:47 PM

Halo 1 you can get for computer, Halo 2 is more of the same, never played or heard of Crimson Skies even from my friends with XBoxs, Oddworld looked ok, not great.
This is my last post to you are you are hopeless.

1) HALO CAME OUT 2 YEARS LATER FOR PC. TWO YEARS.
2) HALO 2 is a huge improvement over halo 1 which I didn't like. NOT out for PC.
3) Don't you dare call Halo 2 more of the same as Starfox is the exact same as from N64 and Metriod 2 has NOTHING new from the first version (I got sick of it 10 hours into it).
4) Don't judge Oddworld or crimson if you haven't even played it.

The ironic thing is the Nintendo fanboys say "it is more of a system for casual gamers and not ones who spend all their free time gaming". Ya but they do spend more time on boards defending the system and saying how they don't want an Xbox cuz it only has halo rather than playing the system. I mean look at the Nintendo flock in every thread about PSP or Xbox. back and forth back and forth.

I am the only one here who has the best of all worlds as I have ALL 3 systems. I am not a one is best because it has the most exclusive titles crap.

Since all systems are so damn cheap you are just turning it into some sort of Nintendo only faithful religion.

You lose in the end.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

lavar78
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 07:26 PM

"If only that were true, Spike." - Optimus Prime

I am the only one here who has the best of all worlds as I have ALL 3 systems. I am not a one is best because it has the most exclusive titles crap.
As I've said more than once, I have all three as well.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2005, 07:54 PM

1) HALO CAME OUT 2 YEARS LATER FOR PC. TWO YEARS.
2) HALO 2 is a huge improvement over halo 1 which I didn't like. NOT out for PC.
3) Don't you dare call Halo 2 more of the same as Starfox is the exact same as from N64 and Metriod 2 has NOTHING new from the first version (I got sick of it 10 hours into it).
4) Don't judge Oddworld or crimson if you haven't even played it.

The ironic thing is the Nintendo fanboys say "it is more of a system for casual gamers and not ones who spend all their free time gaming". Ya but they do spend more time on boards defending the system and saying how they don't want an Xbox cuz it only has halo rather than playing the system. I mean look at the Nintendo flock in every thread about PSP or Xbox. back and forth back and forth.

Since all systems are so damn cheap you are just turning it into some sort of Nintendo only faithful religion.

You lose in the end.
From my perspective, you've spend far more time in here bashing the GC, the DS, and Nintendo in general. You've got some kind of weird Nintendo fixation, and far too much time on your hands. I mean, look at the title of this thread and who started it for crying out loud!

BG

Forum Links
Forum Rules