Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > PSP hand on report..

PSP hand on report.. (Page 7)
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 04:33 PM

Halo isn't the best selling game of all time. Super Mario 3 is. It sold about 50 million copies while Halo has sold about 10 million. It's not even close.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by ort888:
Halo isn't the best selling game of all time. Super Mario 3 is. It sold about 50 million copies while Halo has sold about 10 million. It's not even close.
Nope your wrong, it is The Sims for PC Windows.

And on the current consoles it is Halo 2 I bet.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by starman:
Uh, no.

Look what happened to the GC. "Strong lineup", system died. Nothing could stop the Xbox and PS2. Games came out WAY too late.

Mike
The GC didn't even have a strong lineup though. I mean it didn't ship with a Mario game which was really the beginning of the end. Luigi's Mansion was just a cute tech demo.

They came out with this while "we can be hard core" attitude but RE3 was aweful. Plus that was pretty much it for hard core titles that were exclusive.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

sideus
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2005, 04:58 PM

Wrong.

Source
It is widely regarded as being the best-selling video game of all time, but this is not the case; in actuality the original Super Mario Bros. is, at 40.23 million copies compared to Super Mario Bros 3.'s 17.28 million (as recognized by the Guinness Book of Records[1], based on data given by Nintendo).[2] It is, however, the best-selling "standalone" video game, i.e., not bundled with a console.
Now according to ]guinnessworldrecords.com, Super Mario Bros. 1 is the best selling video game today with 40+ million copies sold.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 1, 2005, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by sideus:
Wrong.

Now according to ]guinnessworldrecords.com, Super Mario Bros. 1 is the best selling video game today with 40+ million copies sold.
That has to be out of date because The Sims was listed as the best selling only a few months ago.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker:
The GC didn't even have a strong lineup though. I mean it didn't ship with a Mario game which was really the beginning of the end. Luigi's Mansion was just a cute tech demo.

They came out with this while "we can be hard core" attitude but RE3 was aweful. Plus that was pretty much it for hard core titles that were exclusive.
RE3? Do you mean RE4? Because that was criticalyly acclaimed as a masterpeice and considered by many to be one of the finest games this generation.

RE4 was freaking great. It's tied with Metroid Prime as the best Cube game.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by sideus:
Wrong.

At any rate, it isn't Halo. Or Halo 2.

I'm pretty sure GTA has way outsold Halo as well.

I'd be surprised if Halo or Halo 2 were even on the top ten list of all time.

I think I did read however, that it was the fastest selling game ever. The biggest opening weekend ever or something.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 05:18 PM

RE3? Do you mean RE4? Because that was criticalyly acclaimed as a masterpeice and considered by many to be one of the finest games this generation.

Nope I mean RE3 cuz you know RE4 came out 4 years after the launch of the cube so I wouldn't really call that a launch title now would you?

Well in the case of the cube I guess you could.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 05:41 PM

So what is RE3? Resident Evil 3 wasn't a cube launch title? RE3 was a PS1 game and got directly ported to the Cube about two years ago.

I'm confused.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 05:53 PM

So what is RE3? Resident Evil 3 wasn't a cube launch title? RE3 was a PS1 game and got directly ported to the Cube about two years ago.

I'm confused.
Sorry I mean Resident Evil. it was announced at the cube launch as the hard core title with more to come. RE didn't sell well and RE2 and RE3 where major bombs. No other hard core titles that are cube exclusive have come out.

Yes RE4 cleaned things up but 4 years later Nintendo cornered itself into the kiddy market already. The same happened with the N64 and Conkers.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 06:10 PM

REmake didn't sell well, but it was fun and well recieved.

I don't think anything has sold well on the Cube... other than a few first party titles.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 06:15 PM

REmake didn't sell well, but it was fun and well recieved.

I don't think anything has sold well on the Cube... other than a few first party titles.
And since Nintendo cares about dollars and not smiles that could be a problem.

Anyway, back on topic just 24 more days till I get my PSP!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 1, 2005, 09:02 PM

Look what happened to the GC. "Strong lineup", system died. Nothing could stop the Xbox and PS2. Games came out WAY too late.
"Died"? The Xbox barely has more sales than the Cube. Put both of them together and they've still only sold a fraction of the amount of PS2s. Don't try to put the Xbox in with the PS2; it's much closer to the Cube than anything else. Although the Cube is actually profitable...

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 1, 2005, 09:04 PM

I'm sticking with Zelda.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 09:42 PM

And since Nintendo cares about dollars and not smiles that could be a problem.

Anyway, back on topic just 24 more days till I get my PSP!
Money is not their actual goal at all.

I heard that the Nintendo Revolution will be a device that captures the energy in children's laughter and sends it through the power lines to Japan where it will be used to power a giant robot that will destroy the Sony headquarters.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2005, 11:07 PM

They are not. The end. Why bring up your fantasies about how they try in a market and fail?

And you must be the biggest PSP closet case on the planet, you spend more time in a thread about the PSP than anyone else
I can pretty easily think of someone who spends a lot more time in this thread.

Why bring up your fantasies about Sony dominating a market? So far you've said nothing expect for pure speculation. If these rumors about a Gamecube class GameBoy are true, Sony is screwed. They lose the position of having the most powerful system on the market, which is really all they had going for them.

I don't have a problem with Sony as a company. What annoys me is fanboys pretending the PSP is something that it is not. I predicted a few months back that Nintendo would strike back with a powerful and the DS was just a stop gap. The DS was never the high end pillar, it was the low end from the look of these rumors. Sony may have been targeting the wrong system this whole time. If there is any substance to these rumors, Nintendo may be about to school Sony in the handheld market. You can't ignore that. If its true, pure genius on Nintendo's part.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 11:12 PM

Because the numbers wouldn't make sense now since the DS has been on sale LONGER WORLDWIDE. So you would like to compare the DS's WORLDWIDE sales that have had more than 60 days longer on the market to the PSP which is only localised to Japan.
Please tell me you have the intellect to understand something as simple as that.

You wanting that shows the fanboy reality you are living in.

What I can tell you is that in Japan the PSP has been outselling the DS for the past 4 weeks. That is the only number released so far so if you want to go ahead and discredit that go right ahead
Since you cant read. ill just put it here. forget worldwide sales since you continue to whine about Sony's pathetic operational capability for a devicee announced long before the DS.

Worldwide:
PSP = 800,000 - 1,000,000
NDS = 2,800,000

Japan:
PSP:800,000-1,000,000
NDS: 1,400,000

Sure the PSP is outselling the NDS on a week-to-week basis. But total sales figures(worldwide and japan) show that the NDS is still in the lead. Swallow YOUR pride and admit it. NDS has sold more than PSP, for whatever reason.

Why week-week sales dont matter....
For a brief period , when the GameCube's price was dropped to $99, it started outselling the PS2. did it matter ? ... No.

NDS has sold more units in Japan than PSP.
NDS has sold more units worldwide than PSP.
i got numbers to show for that claim. you got speculation and week-to-week sales figures. if i wanted week-to-week sales figures, id ask. total sales in Japan and worldwide, and still in favour of Nintendo. If and when the PSP overtakes the NDS in total sales figures, ill admit it.... not a big deal in acknologing reality.

take an english class and a math class.

Ciao
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Mar 1, 2005 at 11:24 PM. )

RonnieoftheRose
Mar 1, 2005, 11:15 PM

Sure the PSP is outselling the PSP on a week-to-week basis. [/B]
I am very drunk or that is some bad ****.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2005, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by RonnieoftheRose:
I am very drunk or that is some bad ****.
Corrected

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 12:48 AM

Originally posted by lavar78:
"Died"? The Xbox barely has more sales than the Cube. Put both of them together and they've still only sold a fraction of the amount of PS2s. Don't try to put the Xbox in with the PS2; it's much closer to the Cube than anything else. Although the Cube is actually profitable...
Dude, STOP IT. You're so frickin' WRONG.

Jan. 2005:
PS2: 488,000
Xbox: 241,000
Gamecube: 114,000

Xbox sold DOUBLE the number of Gamecubes since in December. (Sorry for the wrong figures before).

I'm serious - I'm tired of your half-truth ********.

EDIT: Here are the up-to-date figures:
PS2: 81.39M
Xbox: 19.9M
GCN: 16.02M

4 million units is nothing to sneeze at. Even Zelda and Mario couldn't beat out Halo.

Mike
( Last edited by starman; Mar 2, 2005 at 01:01 AM. )

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by Hawkeye_a:
Since you cant read. ill just put it here. forget worldwide sales since you continue to whine about Sony's pathetic operational capability for a devicee announced long before the DS.

Worldwide:
NDS = 2,800,000

Japan:

Sure the PSP is outselling the NDS on a week-to-week basis. But total sales figures(worldwide and japan) show that the NDS is still in the lead. Swallow YOUR pride and admit it. NDS has sold more than PSP, for whatever reason.

Why week-week sales dont matter....
For a brief period , when the GameCube's price was dropped to $99, it started outselling the PS2. did it matter ? ... No.

NDS has sold more units in Japan than PSP.
NDS has sold more units worldwide than PSP.
i got numbers to show for that claim. you got speculation and week-to-week sales figures. if i wanted week-to-week sales figures, id ask. total sales in Japan and worldwide, and still in favour of Nintendo. If and when the PSP overtakes the NDS in total sales figures, ill admit it.... not a big deal in acknologing reality.

take an english class and a math class.

Ciao
Uh...

the DS has been out longer.

How about tracking week-to-week based on the respective times since the units were launched? THis is like when you read "Such and such movie is the biggest grossing movie ever" when in fact nobody factors in INFLATION.

Mike

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 12:52 AM

Xbox sold DOUBLE the number of Gamecubes since the respective systems were launched.

Mike
Only 488,000 PS2's have been sold, 241,000 XBoxes, and 114,000 Gamecubes... Looks right to me! Wow... more Macs are sold a quarter than all the current gen game systems have sold so far! Awesome!

I would go and check you half truth and come back with some better data. I don't know where you got your numbers but the last I checked XBox was at 23 million, Gamecube was at 21 million, which is a bit bigger than your numbers.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 12:56 AM

You are so wrong. You keep mixing with hopeful thinking with reality.

No matter what you say this thread will always be here staring you and Hawkeye_a in the face. I know you can't stand it cuz the truth is hurting soo bad with you
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
You are so wrong. You keep mixing with hopeful thinking with reality.

No matter what you say this thread will always be here staring you and Hawkeye_a in the face. I know you can't stand it cuz the truth is hurting soo bad with you
Maybe you should post some numbers then.

Oh thats right, you don't have to, because actual data is for fanboys. Silly us.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 01:01 AM

Well, in since no one seems to be able to find actual numbers I figure I'll post some. The best I can find right now is in early 2004 with the Gamecube actually edging out the XBox:

Worldwide
PlayStation 2 - 70 million
Xbox - 13.7 million
GameCube - 13.94 million
Game Boy Advance - 49.42 million

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=8498

You can see the Gamecube spanked the XBox in Asia.

I'll keep looking for more up to date numbers.

Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 01:05 AM

Who cares, you feel better if the cube sells well or not? I don't.

How bout you look up game sales for each console also

At any rate, once again this thread is about the PSP:

"The PSP's North American debut is supported by 24 games available at launch from most major publishers, as well as a variety of accessories"

How many for the DS again?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
Who cares, you feel better if the cube sells well or not? I don't.

How bout you look up game sales for each console also

At any rate, once again this thread is about the PSP:

"The PSP's North American debut is supported by 24 games available at launch from most major publishers, as well as a variety of accessories"

How many for the DS again?
To finish things up as of 2/8 of this year:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...intendo08.html

Playstation - %62
XBox - %21
Gamecube - %18

Oh yeah. Looks like XBox is owning Gamecube there.

If anyone says again that the XBox is completely outselling the Gamecube I swear..

None of the games on PSP are really headliners. I don't think this rumor about the GB2 is just coincidence. It may damper sales of the PSP.

Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by goMac:
To finish things up as of 2/8 of this year:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...intendo08.html

Playstation - %62
XBox - %21
Gamecube - %18

Oh yeah. Looks like XBox is owning Gamecube there.
21 is a higher number than 18

So Xbox is brand new to the market and doesn't have Nintendo's 20 years experience. Wow, they must be doing something right.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 01:33 AM

Well, in since no one seems to be able to find actual numbers I figure I'll post some. The best I can find right now is in early 2004 with the Gamecube actually edging out the XBox:

Worldwide
PlayStation 2 - 70 million
Xbox - 13.7 million
GameCube - 13.94 million
Game Boy Advance - 49.42 million

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=8498

You can see the Gamecube spanked the XBox in Asia.

I'll keep looking for more up to date numbers.
Try something a little more RECENT.

"The following figures will be total sales as of the end of 2003 (Jan 13, 2004, for PS2)."

See mine above. I edited the post. I shouldn't post when buzzed.

Mike

Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 01:45 AM

Worldwide:
NDS = 2,800,000

Japan:
Nice one, based on the face that the DS has been out longer it seems the PSP has been selling better.

Not to mention I don't know how you saw into the future to see worldwide sales as IT HASN"T SHIPPED WORLDWIDE YET

But go ahead and tell me what classes I need. It hurts you so bad to be in here it is great!

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2005, 03:21 AM

Uh...

the DS has been out longer.

How about tracking week-to-week based on the respective times since the units were launched? THis is like when you read "Such and such movie is the biggest grossing movie ever" when in fact nobody factors in INFLATION.

Mike
like i said earlier...boohooo for sony. The PS2 was released a whole year earlier than XBox or GameCube....does that change the current facts ? PS2 is still the #1 selling home console.

If sony could not supply and ship as many PSPs as it hoped....sucks to be them. the NDS has still sold more and considering it's got a head start (in all markets), and a lower price point, economics dictates that it will maintain that lead.

like i said, keep your 'ifs' and 'buts' to yourself.... they dont matter, when the question is about the number of total units sold worldwide.

And when i say worldwide, i mean if the console has shipped anywhere. if sony cant make PSP...i dont care. that dosent change the number of PSPs in consumer's hands on this planet (worldwide). since your such a cry baby, i narrowed it down to be in favour of sony, and limited the geography to Japan.... and guess what...the NDS has STILL SOLD MORE UNITS THAN THE PSP !!! good lord...get that fact through your brain.... the NDS has shipped and sold more units than the PSP, in Japan and worldwide.

See...loook.... im doing it here.....the PSP is outselling the NDS on a week-to-week basis. there no thing wrong in admitting it. swallow that pride and admit the fact. both starman and starwars boy.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Mar 2, 2005 at 06:50 AM. )

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 03:31 AM

Try something a little more RECENT.

"The following figures will be total sales as of the end of 2003 (Jan 13, 2004, for PS2)."

See mine above. I edited the post. I shouldn't post when buzzed.

Mike
Wow... thought the reply went through for this one but it didn't.

I noted the figures were out of date and provided newer ones below.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 08:05 AM

like i said earlier...boohooo for sony. The PS2 was released a whole year earlier than XBox or GameCube....does that change the current facts ? PS2 is still the #1 selling home console.

If sony could not supply and ship as many PSPs as it hoped....sucks to be them. the NDS has still sold more and considering it's got a head start (in all markets), and a lower price point, economics dictates that it will maintain that lead.

like i said, keep your 'ifs' and 'buts' to yourself.... they dont matter, when the question is about the number of total units sold worldwide.

And when i say worldwide, i mean if the console has shipped anywhere. if sony cant make PSP...i dont care. that dosent change the number of PSPs in consumer's hands on this planet (worldwide). since your such a cry baby, i narrowed it down to be in favour of sony, and limited the geography to Japan.... and guess what...the NDS has STILL SOLD MORE UNITS THAN THE PSP !!! good lord...get that fact through your brain.... the NDS has shipped and sold more units than the PSP, in Japan and worldwide.

See...loook.... im doing it here.....the PSP is outselling the NDS on a week-to-week basis. there no thing wrong in admitting it. swallow that pride and admit the fact. both starman and starwars boy.
There's no pride to swallow since the PSP hasn't been shipped outside Japan yet.

Seriously - how can you compare two horribly skewed numbers like that and call it fair?

That GC in your sig really doesn't help you look like nothing more than a Nintendo fanboy.

Mike

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 09:42 AM

Jan. 2005:

Xbox sold DOUBLE the number of Gamecubes since in December. (Sorry for the wrong figures before).

The half truths are coming from you. Now that you have the figures right, what exactly did I say that wasn't totally true? The Xbox just passed the Cube in 2004.

EDIT: Here are the up-to-date figures:
PS2: 81.39M
Xbox: 19.9M
GCN: 16.02M

4 million units is nothing to sneeze at.
I really hope your degree isn't in math. Let's assume these figures are correct. If 4 million units is nothing to sneeze at, what exactly is 61.5 million units? That's about how many units the PS2 is ahead of the Xbox. What is so hard to understand? The Xbox is much, much closer to the GC than it is to the PS2. There is one winner this round: Sony. You're making it seem like Nintendo is dead in the water while Microsoft is neck-and-neck with Sony. That's completely untrue. I don't care if you're serious, tired, or seriously tired -- you need to get your facts straight.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 10:05 AM

You're making it seem like Nintendo is dead in the water while Microsoft is neck-and-neck with Sony.
Where did I say that? Ever?

I said that the GC is a dead platform because the GAMES SUCK FOR IT.

I don't see NEARLY as many units of Super Mario Sunshine selling vs. Halo 2. Do you?

Mike

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 10:40 AM

Where did I say that? Ever?
You said this:
The part in bold makes it seem like the Xbox and PS2 own the console business. If the GC is dead, the Xbox is either dead or on serious life support.

I said that the GC is a dead platform because the GAMES SUCK FOR IT.
You can keep saying that, but it still won't be true. It certainly has less great games than the PS2, but it has the very best game of the three consoles (Wind Waker) and some other great ones as well (Metroid Prime, Paper Mario).

I don't see NEARLY as many units of Super Mario Sunshine selling vs. Halo 2. Do you?
Even Alanis could appreciate the irony here! In your penultimate post, you wrote this:
Seriously - how can you compare two horribly skewed numbers like that and call it fair?
Now you're comparing Halo 2 to a two-year-old game! Still amusing...

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 10:46 AM

You took my quote out of context. Not surprising since you have nothing else to go by so you pull stuff out of context. yourself.

Hawkeye was trying to compare "worldwide sales" numbers when the PSP hasn't even launched in Europe and the US yet. YOU took the quote and turned it into a generic statement.

But...if Super Mario Bros. could be the "best selling game of all time", I suppose how old a game is shouldn't matter, SHOULD IT?

Pwned.

Mike

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 11:00 AM

You took my quote out of context. Not surprising since you have nothing else to go by so you pull stuff out of context. yourself.

Hawkeye was trying to compare "worldwide sales" numbers when the PSP hasn't even launched in Europe and the US yet. YOU took the quote and turned it into a generic statement.
Um, you mean it isn't a generic statement? IOW, you're saying it's OK to compare two dissimilar numbers unless it paints the PSP in a bad light? Who's the fanboy now?

But...if Super Mario Bros. could be the "best selling game of all time", I suppose how old a game is shouldn't matter, SHOULD IT?
The way you said "selling" implied you meant currently. Obviously, Halo 2 is selling better than Super Mario Sunshine at the moment since the latter is over 2 years old. Most games don't sell as well years after their release. However, now that you mention it, it appears that Super Mario Sunshine has outsold every Xbox game that doesn't have Halo in the title. The same is true for Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Luigi's Mansion.

Pwned.
Keep telling yourself that.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 11:02 AM

The way you said "selling" implied you meant currently. Obviously, Halo 2 is selling better than Super Mario Sunshine at the moment since the latter is over 2 years old. Most games don't sell as well years after their release. However, now that you mention it, it appears that Super Mario Sunshine has outsold every Xbox game that doesn't have Halo in the title. The same is true for Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Luigi's Mansion.
Links to these "facts"?

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 11:10 AM

Links to these "facts"?
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-USPlatinum.shtml

Yes, it's U.S. only. They have a chart for Japan, but I'll see if I can find an international one.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 02:10 PM

http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-USPlatinum.shtml

Yes, it's U.S. only. They have a chart for Japan, but I'll see if I can find an international one.
So now lets see... Xbox is barely selling better than the GC, and GC games sell better than XBox ones. Lets see how they put the spin on this one...

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2005, 02:19 PM

So now lets see... Xbox is barely selling better than the GC, and GC games sell better than XBox ones. Lets see how they put the spin on this one...

I think you should be the last one in the world to talk about spin as GC consoles sales have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PSP!

I repeat the title of this thread is:
"PSP hand on report.."

Talk about the PSP or get out.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2005, 02:21 PM

Indeed. For all the talk of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid being the only things keeping the Gamecube alive, I think it's pretty clear the same could be said for Halo on the Xbox.

So now SWG wants everyone to stay on topic? Hmm... I wonder which game(s) are going to sell the PSP. My guess would be GTA.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 02:25 PM

Where do you even see that?

GC Nintendo Super Smash Bros. Melee 2.66
GC Nintendo Mario Kart: Double Dash!! 1.82
GC Nintendo Super Mario Sunshine 1.80
GC Nintendo Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker 1.75
GC Nintendo Luigi's Mansion 1.60
GC Nintendo Metroid Prime 1.26

XB Microsoft Halo 2 4.29
XB Microsoft Halo: Combat Evolved 3.94
XB Microsoft Project Gotham Racing 1.20
XB Take 2 Grand Theft Auto Double Pack 1.50
XB Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 1.46

So Halo 2 sold almost twice as many SSB:M and you say that GC games sell better?

TWO Xbox games sold over 3 million. NONE of the GC games did.

Spin? More like FACT!

Mike

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2005, 02:42 PM

The Cube has blockbusters and flops with little in between. The Xbox has more games that sell well but are not blockbusters.

I read somewhere that the Xbox has the highest games to console ration of the three consoles.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2005, 03:01 PM

Back on topic. The day the PSP ships in the west Nintendo is countering with another distraction. Instead of a new GAME (that even supports online god forbid) you can now but the DS in other colours:

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 03:03 PM

Where do you even see that?

GC Nintendo Super Smash Bros. Melee 2.66
GC Nintendo Mario Kart: Double Dash!! 1.82
GC Nintendo Super Mario Sunshine 1.80
GC Nintendo Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker 1.75
GC Nintendo Luigi's Mansion 1.60
GC Nintendo Metroid Prime 1.26

XB Microsoft Halo 2 4.29
XB Microsoft Halo: Combat Evolved 3.94
XB Microsoft Project Gotham Racing 1.20
XB Take 2 Grand Theft Auto Double Pack 1.50
XB Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 1.46

So Halo 2 sold almost twice as many SSB:M and you say that GC games sell better?

TWO Xbox games sold over 3 million. NONE of the GC games did.

Spin? More like FACT!

Mike
"However, now that you mention it, it appears that Super Mario Sunshine has outsold every Xbox game that doesn't have Halo in the title. The same is true for Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Luigi's Mansion."

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 03:04 PM

Back on topic. The day the PSP ships in the west Nintendo is countering with another distraction. Instead of a new GAME (that even supports online god forbid) you can now but the DS in other colours:

The day PSP gets more colors I fully expect you to post how awesome it is the PSP is available in sea-foam green, how the new colors will crush the DS, and how you have 5 of each color on pre-order.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 2, 2005, 03:07 PM

The day PSP gets more colors I fully expect you to post how awesome it is the PSP is available in sea-foam green, how the new colors will crush the DS, and how you have 5 of each color on pre-order.
Denial.

WHERE ARE THE WICKED COOL DS GAMES?

Oh, but we get Seafoam Green.

Mike

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 03:09 PM

Denial.

WHERE ARE THE WICKED COOL DS GAMES?

Oh, but we get Seafoam Green.

Mike
Where are the wicked cool PSP games? So far all I see are watered down PS2 games turned into card games.

Forum Links
Forum Rules