Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Trade 17" like new Santa Rosa Macbook Pro for?

Trade 17" like new Santa Rosa Macbook Pro for?
SamoanDude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2008, 03:25 AM

Sold
( Last edited by SamoanDude; Jun 11, 2008 at 10:49 AM. )

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2008, 10:59 PM

I have one its a 15 2.4 C2D all factory specs I have a 320 SATA external notebook drive I will include I have been thinking about installing into it. It is still under the first year till October. I have had a iskin keyboard protector and invisashield full body protector on it pretty much since I owned it. It is in new condition. I must say I did buy this refurbished but I have not had one problem with it at all. This one ofcourse has the LED LCD screen and is glossy.

Is yours 17" glossy? or hi res?

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] I get my email sent to my iphone

thanks
( Last edited by donclarkjr; Jun 5, 2008 at 11:37 PM. )

SamoanDude  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2008, 11:27 PM

Sold
( Last edited by SamoanDude; Jun 11, 2008 at 10:50 AM. )

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2008, 11:39 PM

I replied to your pm I didnt get anything new just the quote from what I sent you.

And sorry for the typos, stupid logitech wireless keyboard batteries must be getting low it leaves letters out.

what are the specs of your machine?

SamoanDude  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2008, 07:18 PM

Sold
( Last edited by SamoanDude; Jun 11, 2008 at 10:50 AM. )

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2008, 08:28 PM

Mods my macbook pro was stolen from this user now of course I can not get ahold of him can one of you change the heading to victoms of computer theft from IL this member has ripped of 3 other members on here from what I have found so far. Please anyone who has had dealing with this guy HELP. His other user names could be kevin*** and the package was shipped to Herrin IL lets get on here and stop this

PowerPro2008
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2008, 11:01 PM

why did he change the posts to "Sold."???

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 11, 2008, 11:08 PM

I dont know I guess to make it looke legit after I sent him my computer so I would know he wasnt making any other deals

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2008, 06:04 PM

I going to edit this for the time being and hopefully work this out with this guy
( Last edited by donclarkjr; Jun 20, 2008 at 07:25 PM. )

PowerPro2008
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2008, 08:43 PM

Has he "called the authorities" yet?

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2008, 09:22 PM

I am confused?
Did he steal just your identity or both the computer and identity?

The emails don't really paint a clear picture for me.
It seems like a deal is almost done and then it just turns nasty but vague and hard to follow.
What the heck happened,specifically?

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2008, 06:21 PM

Power he has stating that I stole his identity, which the idiot left the hard drive in said computer and I was able to recover a lot of personal information. But he is telling that I am a hacker.

Audvid- He stole my computer and now if saying I stole his identity because I was able to get a lot of personal information about him. Get this the email I was able to do this is [email protected] thats how stupid he is. I know I even dumber for sending my laptop and putting myself in this position kick myself in the but.

ANYONE ON HERE THAT HAS BEEN VICTIMIZED BUY ANYONE WITH USERNAME KEVIN*** OR SOMOA*** PLEASE EMAIL ME IT MIGHT BE THE SAME GUY

IllegalOperation
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2008, 08:06 PM

Oh wait. My password was grabbed from an external hard drive now? This story has changed since I went and filed a police report for identity theft today? I thought I never sent you a computer with a hard drive in it? Now you got one and it has a hard drive in it with all my personal data? I thought by the previous emails you sent, you just guessed my hotmail password because I used a weak family members name. Here, let me quote that email so the forum can see how full of crap you are DannyAR (your old name but your banned because you scammed here)

So your admitting you accessed my accounts by figuring out what my password was.?

Great.

Normally, I would work with unhappy people right away, but let me get myself in a position where I can get reports filed and statements made first, so I can prosecute if need be.

Then, and only then, after I seek my options, will we talk about it. (If your more civil than you are now)

On Jun 12, 2008, at 12:49 PM, JERRY CLARK wrote:

Do you really think I used hacking methods to get into your account I think your wifes name was pretty stupid to use. I did not use any sort of credit cards that might have been on any of your websites and I did not imposter you by sending fake emails. And see what you can do about the email stuff they will be very interested to see what they would find in YOUR email folder and incriminate yourself. Dont be a puss and call me if you have the balls to work something out with me. Daniel has been very helpful to and the emails you have sent back a forth to each other doesnt help your case either. Call me you have my info

Or what about this, logging in to my ebay account imposing to be me and ordering a $9000 unit. Here, lets all have a looksie shall we?

will come out and admit that ebay thing right here and now. If you look at time I think it was almost 3 in the morning after trying to find out who you really were I was a little tired.

On Jun 14, 2008, at 1:07 AM, ***** wrote:

So far the most damaging thing you have done is log into my ebay account and placed an order

Apple MacBook Pro Mobile Studio with Sony HVR-V1 HDV - eBay (item 170225711523 end time Jun-13-08 18:14:32 PDT)

What do you propose I do about that? They are expecting me to pay $8,999 or take an unpaid bidders strike. I understand the bad heatware feedback you left me but that was relevant. This ebay thing you did was not have anything to do with our trade.

Or what about trying to get into my ISP? My secret question was my dogs name, but you just could not figure out the dog could you. So you send Verizon this email

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.

Kevin, I apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing when attempting to access your online account information. My name is Marisela and I am eager to assist you.

In order to assist you, you will need to have the Account Owner contact Verizon to have you added on the account.

If you require additional information regarding My Verizon, you may contact E-Services and Support by replying directly to this email. You may also contact us by dialing 1-800-350-2830 and selecting option 1 when prompted. Representatives will be available to assist you Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Pacific Time.

We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

Sincerely,

Marisela
Verizon Wireless
E-Services and Support

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

I have one other problem I cannot sign into verizons website I entered the correct password and it keeps telling me wrong password i have rechecked everything and still no good even the forgot password doesnt work right I enter my first pets name and it still wont let me do anything. The security answer should be Duke? What in the world do you all have listed for that answer I cannot think what it should be

Thanks
Kevin

I might get banned from this forum because of this, but let me say this to all. This guy is a liar and a MASTER of it. I have to go down to the DA's office tomorrow morning and get a restraining order because this guy is calling 11 year old girls cell phones around here and cussing them out, looking up peoples names in my address book from 4 years ago and telling them any computer they bought is stolen and a whole bunch of other sh!t. You can't believe a word he says!

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jun 15, 2008, 09:30 PM

This is nuts. Mods, are you going to step in or what?

jonasmac
Senior User
Jun 15, 2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by IllegalOperation View Post
Oh wait. My password was grabbed from an external hard drive now? This story has changed since I went and filed a police report for identity theft today? I thought I never sent you a computer with a hard drive in it? Now you got one and it has a hard drive in it with all my personal data? I thought by the previous emails you sent, you just guessed my hotmail password because I used a weak family members name. Here, let me quote that email so the forum can see how full of crap you are DannyAR (your old name but your banned because you scammed here)

Or what about this, logging in to my ebay account imposing to be me and ordering a $9000 unit. Here, lets all have a looksie shall we?

Or what about trying to get into my ISP? My secret question was my dogs name, but you just could not figure out the dog could you. So you send Verizon this email

I might get banned from this forum because of this, but let me say this to all. This guy is a liar and a MASTER of it. I have to go down to the DA's office tomorrow morning and get a restraining order because this guy is calling 11 year old girls cell phones around here and cussing them out, looking up peoples names in my address book from 4 years ago and telling them any computer they bought is stolen and a whole bunch of other sh!t. You can't believe a word he says!
Did you really send him a Gateway computer, when he was expecting a 17" MBP? And you're expecting sympathy?

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 15, 2008, 09:40 PM

I can't figure out what the heck is even going on here?
If either of you could speak english or form a sentence maybe it would be possible to grasp what has happened but maybe it would not?

It sounds like you are both crazy if there are just two of you here?

jonasmac
Senior User
Jun 15, 2008, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by audvidsvs View Post
I can't figure out what the heck is even going on here?
If either of you could speak english or form a sentence maybe it would be possible to grasp what has happened but maybe it would not?

It sounds like you are both crazy if there are just two of you here?
I had a tough time deciphering what was going on as well. I can't believe I spent all that time reading that website.

Seems like they worked out a trade, but instead of getting a17" MBP for his 15" MBP, donclark got a Gateway computer which still had some of Samoan/kevin's personal info. Samoan/kevin has accused donclark of identity theft for "hacking" into Samoan/kevin's email and other accounts in an effort to get more info about Samoan/kevin.

They've reported each other to the authorities.

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2008, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
I had a tough time deciphering what was going on as well. I can't believe I spent all that time reading that website.

Seems like they worked out a trade, but instead of getting a17" MBP for his 15" MBP, donclark got a Gateway computer which still had some of Samoan/kevin's personal info. Samoan/kevin has accused donclark of identity theft for "hacking" into Samoan/kevin's email and other accounts in an effort to get more info about Samoan/kevin.

They've reported each other to the authorities.

Long story short you got it. A lot of the talking back and forth was when I was mad and I will admit I was typing fast and furious. Mods need to ban illegaloperation on here to he is admitting he is the same guy. Look at the username the idiot even used [email protected] for his personal email address that has all his fake emails like gmail, yahoo being forward there.

This guy needs to be put on his but and stopped.

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2008, 08:59 AM

"I might get banned from this forum because of this, but let me say this to all. This guy is a liar and a MASTER of it. I have to go down to the DA's office tomorrow morning and get a restraining order because this guy is calling 11 year old girls cell phones around here and cussing them out, looking up peoples names in my address book from 4 years ago and telling them any computer they bought is stolen and a whole bunch of other sh!t. You can't believe a word he says!"

How the heck do you think I got his dausghter cell number? Its because the idiot gave it to me when his wasnt working. I dont remember once cussing at her or you while leaving a message. I have the email and contact info from the guy he traded DannyARs macbook air to and this is when he got the 17" MBP he was to trade me. The guy even identifies HE and his WIFE made the trade off a myspace photo. Come on how much more evidence do I need for this guy to do the right thing and give me my computer back. He thinks he is untouchable.

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2008, 02:44 PM

He has now emailed me and we are in contact for us to work peacfully to a resoulution. I will let you know how this turns out.

donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2008, 08:44 AM

This morning I know get my emails kicked back telling me his email address is not good. I dont know this sucks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules