Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 12" PB 867SD 1.12gb/40

FS: 12" PB 867SD 1.12gb/40
kcmac
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2009, 04:45 PM

Well, it is obvious that Apple will never make this size again so I am looking to sell my dear friend. I am the original owner and have the original box. It is in good shape although it does have scratches on both sides. I am currently running Leopard on it but won't be supplying the Leopard disks.

Brand new battery. (one month old)
Upgraded ram to the maximum level at 1.12 gb.
Hard drive was replaced during my Applecare agreement and is 40 gb.
Apple DVI to VGA adaptor
Apple DVI to Video adaptor
Replacement powercord from macwizards.

Asking $500.

I will pay for shipping at this price.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 15, 2009, 11:05 AM

1) You must include the discs for installed software.
2) $500 is ridiculous for a pretty limited machine. I have one of these and it's terrible at Leopard, and nearly everything else.

kcmac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2009, 07:19 PM

Sorry to rile you up so much imitchellg5.

I have an offer of $400 plus shipping from another source that I will probably take. Hope you can find some happiness in your life. I'm just looking to upgrade mine to a new macbook pro after nearly 7 years with my powerbook.

Good day.

And it does run Leopard well with the upgraded RAM....

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 16, 2009, 07:19 PM

Okay, I have the exact same one and it's terrible.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 16, 2009, 09:25 PM

Ditto. I have an 800MHz TiBook (not quite the same, but I'd say close enough), and the GPU isn't remotely able to handle Leopard well enough to be usable. I gave up and installed Tiger on mine...Leopard was just way too slow.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2009, 09:37 PM

kcmac, imitchellg5 is right about you needing to include the discs and licenses for the software you advertise through here.

Everything else is matter of opinion and personal taste... let's try to keep that out of the for sale threads and it's borderline thread-crapping.

kcmac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2009, 12:11 AM

I'm a bit surprised at the hostility here. I've been a MacNN member for quite awhile and this is a little immature.

I mentioned that I would not be supplying the Leopard disc. I need this for our iMac. I will be including Tiger and the discs updated to its current version. I do have all the original software discs that came with this PB. If someone wants to know what other software I could include with the discs, feel free to ask if you have interest.

All this may be pointless now anyway. I should know tomorrow if my sale is final. I probably won't be recommending this place to anyone soon that I care about. Sad to say. Geez....

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2009, 06:44 AM

I am surprised that you can take offense to your own violation of the clearly stated rules here for selling a machine especially considering your long time here and care for others?

If you sell a machine with installed software and do not include the discs and you clearly state it is so you can run the same software on another machine too........well it is not rocket science,is it?

kcmac  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2009, 08:04 AM

Time out. For future reference could someone here please tell me what software you are referring to?

I stated originally that I am running Leopard on the PB because it does run fine with the additional ram that I have on it. I would be keeping the leopard disc. (for the record, it's a family pack so I still need it.) I probably wasn't clear if Leopard would installed with the sell.

I clarified that I would be installing Tiger and supplying that disc. I have and will be supplying the original software (installed) with original discs, documentation, and original PB box.

If I started off on the wrong foot by getting people confused with the mention of leopard I apologize. Am I missing something else? And please, a nice helpful answer would be appreciated. I have absolutely no intention of duping anyone or getting in a fight here or anywhere else on MacNN. You can have opinions on the price, performance, etc, or have questions on anything ( that I would be happy to answer) that's okay and expected in a marketplace.
( Last edited by kcmac; Jun 17, 2009 at 08:10 AM. )

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by kcmac View Post
I am currently running Leopard on it but won't be supplying the Leopard disks.
This seems pretty cut and clear that that the post meant you were intending to leave Leopard on the computer. In fact, there's no mention of you installing Tiger or including the original discs in this original post. We do not condone the posting for sale of software (even if it's already installed) that does not include the licenses. Sure, you own the license from a family pack, but that's per household and would not apply to someone you sell the computer to.

If that's not what you meant, then we appreciate that you admit you made a mistake in the listing. No one else is trying to create a fight or issue here either... just like you aren't. We're glad you're a long time member here... and you're welcome to continue to post things for sale... just don't be surprised we have these rules in place or that people will point them out. They're there to protect you as well as the rest of the membership.

Forum Links
Forum Rules