Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Painted iBook and AppleCare

Painted iBook and AppleCare
swichd
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 10, 2004, 08:05 PM

I guess I don't have to wait for the battery to explode before sending it back in to AppleCare. The dam* logic board is acting up again (the forth time in three months). I plan on calling Saturday, but I am worried about my crappy paint job (what was I thinking ?) and their reaction. Will they refuse to service it? I want to buy a new top, but I cannot find one. If I removed all of the silver paint I put on and spray painted it white, would they accept it then? How many times must I send it in before the give me a new one?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Microsoft Products are Generally Bug Free"
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

Beewee
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2004, 11:58 AM

I maybe too late, but check ebay.

Complete ibook enclosure $20

MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 15, 2004, 04:16 PM

I would bet that As long as there is visually no physical changes to the logic-board and nothing has been unplugged or replaced in the logic board you will be ok. But you never know. I know that they will service the iBook even if the hard drive has been replaced but the hard drive will not be covered by them after it's replaced. Because it is not the original.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

swichd  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2004, 07:57 PM

I've been told that "Apple Certified" repair shops usually don't care about the painting. Is this true and can one of these honor an AppleCare 90 day free warranty?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Microsoft Products are Generally Bug Free"
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

Forum Links
Forum Rules