Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Blind Disk utility

Blind Disk utility
Supervince
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2003, 12:23 PM

Hi, I've a strange problem. My disk utility can't see any hardrives. All the left pane is blank.

to make things worse, the apple insteller doesn't see the drive either.

Of course all drives are mounted on the desktop.

Launching disk utility as a root (with pseudo) cures this temporarely. I have to use disk utility as root or it doesn't work.

Of course I tried to change the persimission oon disk utility and I repaired the permission. I've even replaced disk utility with a fresh copy.

Did anyone stumble on this ?

schwa
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2003, 01:41 PM

Disk Utility can see all of my drives, but I can no longer Verify or Repair Disk Permissions as of 10.2.8 (rev2). The buttons are active, but I click on them and nothing happens.

BurpetheadX
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 7, 2003, 07:30 AM

I''ve had that happen to me off and on before too. I could never figure it out. If the drives have "OS 9 Drivers" installed, trying booting off a OS 9 CD and updating the drivers from Drive Setup. Maybe reseting the PRAM or NVRAM?

Forum Links
Forum Rules