Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Request: Time Machine pref pane from 10.5

Request: Time Machine pref pane from 10.5
timmerk
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2009, 07:18 PM

Is anyone willing to send me the Time Machine pref pane from 10.5? My email is timmerk at gmail com. Thanks!

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2009, 07:31 PM

You could use Pacifist to extract it from your Leopard install discs.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

timmerk  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2009, 07:34 PM

Unfortunately I am away from home and do not have access. I'm hoping the nib file in the 10.5 version is un-compiled so I can see how Apple laid out some things in Interface Builder.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2009, 08:02 PM

I'm not comfortable sending copyrighted files, but if it's something specific you're looking for, you could describe what you're looking to find out and I could check it on the 10.5 nib on my machine for you.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

timmerk  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2009, 08:36 PM

Thanks CharlesS: I'm trying to find if the big "Time Machine" label is a graphic or rich text label. If rich text label, what font and style is it using?

Also, the big box part that has an upper section and lower section - is this done with a box within a box? What settings are they using for the boxes? How do the make the line divider?

Last but not least: what font and style are they using for the Time Machine description text?

I'm basically trying to copy the style of the Time Machine preference pane.

Thanks!

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by timmerk View Post
Thanks CharlesS: I'm trying to find if the big "Time Machine" label is a graphic or rich text label. If rich text label, what font and style is it using?
The whole logo area is a big 178x191 pixel NSImageView, so that'd be a graphic label.

Also, the big box part that has an upper section and lower section - is this done with a box within a box? What settings are they using for the boxes? How do the make the line divider?
The object itself is a TMTabView, which is a custom subclass of NSTabView. The style of the tab view is tabless with bezel, and it has three tabs. The three tabs are named: "ChooseDisk", "ChangeDisk", and "Tab". "ChooseDisk" is, I believe, the tab that's shown if you haven't set a Time Machine backup disk yet. "ChangeDisk" is the normal view with the "Change Disk..." and "Options..." buttons. "Tab" is blank, and I don't know what its purpose is, although it's the default tab for some reason.

In the "ChangeDisk" tab, the lower section is a plain old NSBox. The attributes are: Title pos: none. Box type: custom. Border type: Line (and this creates the divider. The box is slightly wider than the tab view's bounds in order to avoid the left and right border lines from being drawn). Border color is #C4C4C4. Fill color is #DBDBDB.

Last but not least: what font and style are they using for the Time Machine description text?
You mean the "Time Machine keeps:" text? That's plain old Lucida Grande 12, with the color #4C4C4C. The text field itself is a TMEmbossedTextField, which is some custom subclass of NSTextField that probably alters the way the text is displayed in some way, but you'd have to disassemble the actual code to find out what exactly it does.

That help?

timmerk  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2009, 09:11 PM

Very much so! Thank you so much!

Forum Links
Forum Rules