Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > After WinXP Install, MacBook mouse/keyboard don't work

After WinXP Install, MacBook mouse/keyboard don't work
FortyOne3X7S
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2006, 01:56 PM

Hi everyone! I bought an off-the-shelf Windows XP Professional Full SP2, and it installed onto my Macbook 1.83 Ghz without a hitch. I could boot into windows fine and use the keyboard and mouse BEFORE using the "Mac Driver CD" that the Boot Camp Assistant created. Does anyone know what I need to do differently?

I have tried a reinstall, but everything locks up at the exact same point: a window appears that says the drivers "do not pass Windows LOGO verification..." I don't think LOGO itself is the problem, but that is the prompt that appears when I can no longer use the keyboard or trackpad. I also cannot use an external USB keyboard or mouse. There is the option to "Continue Anyway" or "STOP installation," but I cannot pick either because no human interfacing devices work.

Should I just avoid the Mac Driver CD altogether? Thanks!

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2006, 02:09 PM

Per the Apple's directions, you should click the "Continue Anyway" option...

R

FortyOne3X7S  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2006, 02:20 PM

That's the problem; I can't! The built in trackpad doesn't work; neither does the keyboard. I also have another USB Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, but they do not work either. I think I'm going to have to try a good old-fashioned USB keyboard when I can get my hands on one. Thanks for the reply.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2006, 02:22 PM

Indeed. You will need a regular wired USB mouse. However, after you get the drivers installed, you can remove the mouse.

R

FortyOne3X7S  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 19, 2006, 06:31 PM

Alright - things are working GREAT now! Thanks - Just have to get used to the whole control-shift-F10 right-click combination!

ChrisDaMacMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2006, 02:50 PM

ARGH I'm having the same problem but even though i have plugged in a wired USB mouse it also stops working while the Mac Drivers are being installed.

Anybody got any ideas how i can get this damn thing working?

Thanks

Edit: installing XP pro SP2 and im using a infra-red USB mouse

Forum Links
Forum Rules