Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Write a script to auto-connect Adium? and another problem

Write a script to auto-connect Adium? and another problem
JazzCatDRP
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2006, 04:25 PM

Hey all, this may not be possible at all, but I thought I'd ask. I use Adium with the same usernames on my mini and on my powerbook. I usually leave my mini connected, and when I am on my laptop, just reconnect. With Yahoo and MSN, that kicks off the connection on my mini. Is there any way to write a script that will automatically reconnect my mini's connections when I disconnect from the laptop? Or is there a way to set MSN and Yahoo to allow me to be connected from two different machines at the same time?

One other problem...Adium's clock seems to be ahead by some time. It's displaying my contacts currently as being online since "June 15, at such and such time" which is obviously tomorrow. My system clock is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

JazzCatDRP  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 16, 2006, 07:03 PM

Any advice? Or is this too weird...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2006, 07:19 PM

I think the problem is that (as far as I can imagine at the moment) there's no way for the script on the Mini to know if the laptop is signed on.

As for the time thing, could it be that it's getting the time from their computer, which is set to a different time?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

JazzCatDRP  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2006, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the help...

That's what I figured as far as the script went...just thought I'd see if there was some obscure way to do it.

Regarding the time problem, on my mini, the time is displayed correctly, so I don't think it's Adium's problem...it's got to be something on my laptop, I would assume. I just can't figure out what.

Forum Links
Forum Rules