Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > CS5 + Mountain Lion?

CS5 + Mountain Lion?
Thorzdad
Jul 25, 2012, 11:45 AM

Anyone have any inkling whether Mountain Lion will play nice with CS5?
I skipped Lion, but ML may be the last version of OS X that runs on my Mac, so I might have to make the leap. But, sadly, updating to CS6 isn't in the financial cards right now.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2012, 02:17 PM

it works fine for me.

Thorzdad  (op)
Jul 25, 2012, 02:23 PM

Can I ask how you did the ML install? Simple in-place upgrade, or clean install?
Adobe is saying that pre-CS6 installs will run into issues with ML's Gatekeeper, and has posted this involved workaround.

jojocru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
Can I ask how you did the ML install? Simple in-place upgrade, or clean install?
Adobe is saying that pre-CS6 installs will run into issues with ML's Gatekeeper, and has posted this involved workaround.
Same question for me. I wish Apple and Adobe would coordinate with their updates for the benefit of their users. These upgrades are hurting my wallet!
Is this really necessary?

Demonhood
Administrator
Jul 25, 2012, 08:11 PM

I did a simple in-place upgrade to ML. CS5 (and of course CS6) work just fine. Of course, I told Gatekeeper to allow all apps to run. Which is what I figure most mac veterans will be doing.

Thorzdad  (op)
Jul 26, 2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
I did a simple in-place upgrade to ML. CS5 (and of course CS6) work just fine. Of course, I told Gatekeeper to allow all apps to run. Which is what I figure most mac veterans will be doing.

I've not read that you can instruct Gatekeeper to allow all apps. That's an important bit of information to know. Many thanks!

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2012, 06:01 AM

I have CS3 and it seems to be working fine on Mountain Lion.

P
Jul 28, 2012, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
I'll give Gatekeeper a try, I think. It is important to understand that Gatekeeper does not block execution of all unsigned apps - it only blocks execution if the app is unsigned and the quarantine flag is set. Safari (and I think all other browsers) set that flag on all downloaded files, but e.g. Finder will not set it on a file that is copied from an external drive, and it is not set on existing files.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2012, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
In place install.

Forum Links
Forum Rules