Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Help

Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Help
larry k.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2005, 08:31 PM

I used to use this program with no problems linking my Power Mac and my desktop PC. However, I recently got rid of my desktop PC and now have a Dell notebook so everything is wireless. My problem is when I launch RDC (1.0.3) it starts to connect like normal to Windows but it freezes soon after because I lose my wireless internet connection on the notebook. What can I do so it doesn't drop the connection when I launch RDC?
( Last edited by larry k.; Apr 2, 2005 at 06:13 PM. )
power mac g5 - dual 1.8ghz, 1.5gb, 250gb & 160gb, x800 xt, pioneer dvr-108, 10.4

zzarg
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2005, 12:46 AM

I'd guess the problems are unrelated... your dropping WiFi is the problem, and RDC is just sulking when it can't connect.

You could eliminate that by running a VNC server on the Windows machine and a VNC client on the Mac and see if the same problem happens

I use RDC a lot to connect to both machines here and in remote data centres and don't have a problem... I've got timeouts on remote machines set to 10 mins, so if my WiFi (or GPRS) connection drops I've still got time to get back in and resume !

Forum Links
Forum Rules