Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > CONSTANT slowdowns

CONSTANT slowdowns
blueleaf
Mar 17, 2007, 04:41 PM

this just seems to have started today...

it seems like every minute or so, using any application, my macbook just stops for about 10 seconds, with a beachball, and then it lets me work again. It is extremely annoying, but it doesnt close any applications. For example, as I write this post, every minute or so, the computer basically stops, so i can keep typing but nothing shows up until the computer starts up again...It is really wierd and really annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to help this?

Oh, btw, im using an intel 2.0ghz macbook with 1GB of ram.

stravinsky1911
Mar 17, 2007, 09:22 PM

Something to do in order to check and see if this is hardware related or software related -

Create a new user account and do some basic computer usage stuff in there - browse the net and use some apps. If the problem persists in there than you could possibly have a hardware problem of some kind. Another thing you can always do is run Activity Monitor and see if there is something that is taking over your CPU. Hope this helps in identifying the culprit!
timeline - SE/30, some crappy performa, original bondi iMac 233, TiBook500, macbook pro 2GHz

blueleaf  (op)
Mar 18, 2007, 12:25 PM

OK, well I deleted some programs, did some general cleaning, turned off the computer for awhile, and now it seems to be in good shape again. I still don't know exactly what caused it, but its back to normal now so that's all that matters.

Thanks for your help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules