Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Dual Monitor setups

Dual Monitor setups
simonmartin
Mac Enthusiast
May 29, 2003, 07:34 AM

Hi,

I just hooked up a second monitor to my G4 and was wondering if anyone knew a way whereby I can have the main menubar on each screen?

I guess it's just something to get used to but it's weird to go from the menubar on one screen to something happening on the other...

Thanks

Simon
London UK

jasong
Mac Elite
May 29, 2003, 08:13 AM

I have wanted this forever (well, slightly less than . . .). This is the only advantage to the Windows method, the menu is part of the window (of course I have never managed to get my PC with two video cards to work in a dual monitor setup, so maybe it isn't an advantage).

I keep hoping someone will develop this.

-- Jason

simonmartin  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 29, 2003, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by jasong:
I have wanted this forever (well, slightly less than . . .). This is the only advantage to the Windows method, the menu is part of the window (of course I have never managed to get my PC with two video cards to work in a dual monitor setup, so maybe it isn't an advantage).

I keep hoping someone will develop this.

-- Jason
jasong,

Hmmm, it's a shame it's not easy to do. Ideally I would like the option to have the screens split the way they are at the moment but have the menubar mirrored when required.

One day perhaps...

Simon

Forum Links
Forum Rules