Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Palin is bad mom, kills innocent caribou

Palin is bad mom, kills innocent caribou
finboy
Sep 9, 2008, 10:16 PM

OMG can you believe that she exposed her kids to guns and blood and death and the cruelty of thinning a caribou herd. The horror.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Alaska...405ebd3f5296f/

This was the lead shot on the Newsweek slideshow yesterday (it may have been the LA Times, I can't remember). Out of 28 pics. Amazing.

The horror is the media campaign to find WHATEVER THEY CAN to use against Palin. Not unexpected, but shameless. It shows how little they're worried that average folks will see it for the tripe that it is. Media is convinced that we're a bunch of sheep. And evidently most folks are part of the flock I guess.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2008, 10:22 PM

There's no commentary with the picture. If there was a blow hard making political statements out of the picture that are blown out of proportion, I'd agree. But this is just a picture, and it's up to the viewer to decide their reaction. It didn't bother me one bit - I have some hunters in my family and I've seen it before.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2008, 01:37 AM

Huh?

Seriously, I never in a million lifetimes would have taken that image to be any kind of example of trying to smear Palin. In what alternate universe?

Heck, does anyone remember John "Common Man" Kerry's pathetic attempts to 'butch it up a few clicks' by pretending he ever set foot out in the sticks, with guns and dead critters and such?

It was downright comical, but it just showed how even a snot like Kerry understood that a large percentage of sane, non-lefty Americans respond positively to politicians being the outdoorsy type, not negatively.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2008, 02:02 AM

Actually upland game hunting has a bit of a snobby aspect to it. The jacket and vest appear straight out of Orvis; the over-under shotgun in his hand is probably worth a pretty penny. I expect that Kerry is conversant in shooting sports.

I don't want to go off on a tangent, but upland hunting, fox hunting, and riding are all favorite activities of the old moneyed inhabitants of the east coast.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2008, 02:47 AM

Kerrigan, I know that you know that Kerry didn't go goose hunting in Ohio 12 days before an election to try and appear even more snobbish.

Senior adviser Mike McCurry was quite direct this week in saying that the two-hour predawn hunting trip was another attempt to get voters to know Kerry, who has had some issues with his so-called likeability factor. Kerry also has been talking about his Catholic faith more, and on Sunday he will give a speech on values.
P.S.- look for Obama to grab a gun and do something equally as silly before all this is over as well.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2008, 07:27 AM

This weeks Newsweek cover. I think she know her way around a skeet range as well.
( Last edited by Chongo; Sep 10, 2008 at 11:31 AM. )
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules