Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 7)
jessejlt
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2004, 10:30 AM

Does anyone have or have personally seen / used a Booq FoleeMessenger 17? I currently have a Brenthaven 15" Pro but it's not big enough and the Booq looks like it just might do it. Any thoughts?

Danka;
jesse ;-)

gdiddy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2004, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by Uriel:
How do you think that would hold a 15in AL? I'm looking for a good bag, but I'm on a budget, the price is tempting, but I still don't know about room in it. Could you show some more pics of the front and inside pockets? Thanks.

This site (computerbags) has some pretty good shots of this bag. The colors are way off though. I'll take some more shots later today.
Michael: Hasn't everything been sort of discovered now by like Magellan and Cortez?

Buster: Oh, yeah yeah, those guys did a pretty good job.

digitdean
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 09:26 PM

Hey. I've got a medium Timbuk2 classic messenger, and I want a good impact shield for my Powerbook. It'll probably be neslted in with heavy stuff and be jostled around a bit. Does anyone know of a thick, handleless, non-top-loading sleeve that would be good for use inside a messenger? Any help would be appreciated.

nick_coday
Apr 27, 2004, 10:00 PM

I think the Timbuk2 laptop grip sleeve would work very well. They do have handles, but they are not intrusive and would not be much of a problem. You could also get colors that should compliment the messenger bag.
--------------------------------------
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

baglunch
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by digitdean:
Hey. I've got a medium Timbuk2 classic messenger, and I want a good impact shield for my Powerbook. It'll probably be neslted in with heavy stuff and be jostled around a bit. Does anyone know of a thick, handleless, non-top-loading sleeve that would be good for use inside a messenger? Any help would be appreciated.
I haven't tried the grip sleeve from timbuk2, but the tombihn brain cell and the brenthaven sleeve both have plastic shells lining the padding, so i'd imagine it'd help the laptop in taking an extra ding or two. I currently have the tombihn monolith (vertical version of the braincell),and use it in a plain old back pack.

marusin
Senior User
Apr 28, 2004, 09:49 AM

I have the same bag (love it, by the way) and have been using a NorthFace sleeve for the longest time that my wife had for my iBook. I just upgraded to a new 15" AlBook and ordered the Timbuk2 Grip Sleeve from Powermax.com ($39.98 compared to $50.00 directly from Timbuk2)...

http://www.powermax.com/cgi-global/g...gi?p=ms-135290

I don't think it has an "impact shield" that you mentioned, but the padding looks as sufficient as what I've been using and my iBook has held up quite well on my daily commute every day in my bag.

Originally posted by digitdean:

mhawker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 05:20 PM

Badtz,

If you still want pics of the Booq bag, let me know. I can post them here or e-mail them to you.

Mike

PS- Might be best to e-mail me through here since I don't check this forum all that often.

jessejlt
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2004, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by mhawker:
Badtz,

If you still want pics of the Booq bag, let me know. I can post them here or e-mail them to you.

Mike

PS- Might be best to e-mail me through here since I don't check this forum all that often.
Which booq? I am thinking of getting the FoleeMessenger 17, is that the one you have? If so, I would like some pics.
jesse ;-)

jasonk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 04:54 PM

Does anyone have the PowerSleeve15 from Booq. I am thinking about buying it for my new AL15inch. In particular, I would like to know if there is space for the power adapter to fit comfortably without putting pressure on the laptop. Thanks in advance.

iomatic
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 06:23 PM

yes, i have.

no it doesn't.

Originally posted by jasonk:
Does anyone have the PowerSleeve15 from Booq. I am thinking about buying it for my new AL15inch. In particular, I would like to know if there is space for the power adapter to fit comfortably without putting pressure on the laptop. Thanks in advance.

rag on a muffin
Senior User
Apr 29, 2004, 06:38 PM

anyone know a good laptop bag that holds ONLY a powerbook 12", as in very snug, ONLY made for powerbook, not 12" ibook too.(so it is as small as possible. i know im being picky, but the reason i bought the 12" was for its size.
Superhero Of The Computer Rage
MacBook Pro 2.16 Ghz, PowerBook G4 12" 1 Ghz (DVI) Dell 24" monitor
Porsche 944, Mercedes 240D (running onWaste Vegetable Oil)

djlotek
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2004, 09:31 AM

Anyone own one of these? They look really nice, but I think may be too oversized to fit a 15" snugly. I was wondering if anyone has input or possibly uses the Folee17 with a 15" PB.

JCT
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2004, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by rag on a muffin:
anyone know a good laptop bag that holds ONLY a powerbook 12", as in very snug, ONLY made for powerbook, not 12" ibook too.(so it is as small as possible. i know im being picky, but the reason i bought the 12" was for its size.
I think the Booq Mamba would fit the bill: Mamba

I often carry my 12" PB in a Marware sleeve inside my Waterfield designs small cargo bag ... nice and snug. SF Bags

JT
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

invaderzim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2004, 09:29 PM

I just bought a Crumpler Wack-o-Phone for my 15" 1.5GHz. I spent a lot of time going back and forth between it and the Very Busy Man. In the end, though, size won out, as I felt that the VBM was just too big to carry around every day. The only real issue I see with the WoP is that there's not a ton of room inside once you put a laptop in there, compared to the VBM, but I don't think it will end up being that much of a problem for me.

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2004, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by azt33:
Does anyone have experience with Brenthaven Mobility 1 that the Apple Store sells? It looks good, but how's the protection? I'm going to use it with a 12" PB.

Anyone have this bag? Thoughts? I'm looking at it as well.
Troy Murray

invaderzim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2004, 01:10 AM

Originally posted by troymurray:
Anyone have this bag? Thoughts? I'm looking at it as well.
I've had one for over a year that I use with my 12" iBook. I like that it holds the iBook pretty securely, that it has plenty of pockets, and that it isn't bulky. The internal sleeve is padded the heaviest on the back, but not as much on the sides. I wouldn't use it if I were carrying my laptop on a bike or anything like that, but it's fine for more normal (car, train, bus) commuting.

Saifk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2004, 10:03 AM

Too late to ask now, but what do you guys think of ACME's thin sleeve/bag?
I ordered a blavk one last night...yes it was over $100 with shipping.

Also, i ordered $60 in Wildpeeps, and the sleeve and the screen protector, all from the same site.

Is the $160 spent worth the investment to keep my Al Book in good shape?

i have a 1.25 Ghz G4 with 1.5 GB RAM, and backlit keyboard, i love the crisp screen and i got it at the end of February...nothing has gone wrong, no dead pixels or white spots.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 3, 2004, 09:58 AM

On Saturday I was at CompUSA and they had the two bags by Brenthaven, Mobility 1 and Profile 12", so I was able to see them both in person.

The Profile 12" has at least 1/4 to 1/3 of padding on all sides of the opening for the PowerBook, very protected I thought. It has a opening on the front for your pens and power adapter as well as a CD or two. On the back is a small opening for maybe a single folder or a few sheets of paper, not much. I put a single paper in the slot and it was pretty wrinkeled when I pulled it back out. The size of the case was very small and compact which I really liked.

The Mobility 1 was larger, two compartments inside, one for the iBook/PowerBook and another for a text book and a few folders, more room for papers. It also had a spot for the power adapter, a few pens and a few CD's. The location that the notebook slides into had decent protection on the front and back, but nothing really on the sides. Furthermore, since it is sold as working for the 12" or 14" iBook, I would guess that the compartment is therefore larger then the 12" Powerbook would need thus it may "slide" back and forth and since there isn't protection on the sides, potential for damage if not maybe from it sliding within the case. I did like the fact that I could keep my expanding file inside the bag unlike the Profile case.

Just my thoughts on it.
Troy Murray

mhawker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2004, 03:16 PM

Sorry, Jesse. I have the Powersleeve 15 (PS15). Can't help you with the 17" model.

I just noticed a nice looking bag in the MacMall mag. It's the Powerbook Stealth Case. Looks pretty good. 15" is $70.

gui1ty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2004, 03:56 PM

hi, i'm looking for a ibook 12" case... i dont wanna pay much... it's just to go in my ruck suck (which is pretty dirty) for college.

it wont get thrown around or anything, it's mainly for scratch and dirt protection... from books and lunch.

I looked at the red techs, and they look the best.

I don't want to get the screen damaged either, so I might have to get some of the little rubber buttons or one of those pieces of faric

rad tech seems to be the best for what i need...

i might make my own though, cause i'm in the uk dunno if i can get one

anyone got similar needs to me and can recomend something? i dont want to spend much

wk929
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2004, 04:30 PM

Has anyone had any experience with one of those Axio hardshell cases yet?

Information would be appreciated.

Thanks

jasonk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2004, 10:57 PM

Hi,
I think this thread is great, but its becoming quite the monster (in terms of length) so I apolgize if this is a repeat. I have a new 15inch AL PB and would ideally have a bag that simply fits the notebook, the power adapter, and um.., thats basically it. However, I have not been able to find such a bag, (I would appreciate any hints). I have however found a good deal on the Trager Courier Bag which seems like a good bad (though not exactly what I'm looking), http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/CTGY/TRP Basically, I was wondering if anybody had any opinions on the trager bag, or could recommend a bag that meets my needs better. Thanks.

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2004, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by jasonk:
Trager Courier Bag
I wish they would show a picture of the flap up or open. I have an expanding file I want to store in my laptop bag for my 12" PowerBook. It almost looks like this product would do that, but the pictures don't show that, which is really annoying.
Troy Murray

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by rag on a muffin:
From what I saw at CompUSA looking at the Brenthaven Profile 12" it meets your needs. Very snug, lots of padding, and that's about all it holds.
Troy Murray

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by mwyman:
regarding the mamba.xs from booq
The strap config has options. You can hook a single strap to carry vert, horiz, or hook diag and it it fits like wearing one strap of a backpack. Or you can hook both straps and actually wear like a backpack. Or no straps and carry vert briefcase-style. Nice, light, fits plenty, and is as minimilistic as most would need.
How is the padding for the Powerbook? Minimal?
Troy Murray

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by RealMac:
I ordered the PowerSleeve15 from Booq (see the ads above) using the MacNN code. 38.21 plus 5.92 = 44.13 total, with FedEx ground shipping on the 28th. With my iBooks I used the Incase sleeve, but didn't feel like they offered enough protection for the price.
How do you feel about the protection that the PowerSleeve provides your PowerBook?

-t
Troy Murray

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 11:46 AM

OK, I think I've narrowed down my bag purchase to three choices. If anyone has one of these bags or has used/seen them I'd really appreciate ANY comments on them as well as additional pics.

Spire Nova - 2004
  • Any information about this bag at all?
  • Lifetime warranty
  • 30 day money back guarantee

Booq BP.3 and PowerSleeve12
  • Any comments on the PowerSleeve series would be great.
  • How much padding is there?
  • Lifetime warranty

Brain Cell and Courier Laptop bag
  • Looks like the Brain Cell has a lot of padding to protect the PowerBook.
  • 60 days for a refund of the purchase price
Troy Murray

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2004, 12:03 PM

Interesting reviews of many laptop bags at http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/tablet_cases.htm
Troy Murray

Bonne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2004, 06:08 AM

Would it be possible for someone to post some pics of their laptop inside of a Shinza Zeroshock?

Also, how is the Zeroshock different from the Crumpler School Hymn? They look pretty similar, but there's a $20 price difference.

Any more opinions on the Zeroshock would be most helpful!

BONNIE

ensemble
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2004, 10:14 AM

Hi,

I too will be getting myself one of the new PB 15" SD :-)

Am looking at either the Maccase Sleeve/Binder.

Is there a review somewhere? I did a google and couldnt find much out there.. they simply look quite stunning, alternatively can anyone else recommend a fairly decent PB sleeve which looks quite as good and better ?

Cheers!

nick_coday
May 12, 2004, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by ensemble:
Hi,

I too will be getting myself one of the new PB 15" SD :-)

Am looking at either the Maccase Sleeve/Binder.

Is there a review somewhere? I did a google and couldnt find much out there.. they simply look quite stunning, alternatively can anyone else recommend a fairly decent PB sleeve which looks quite as good and better ?

Cheers!
I can definitely recommend the Laptop Grip Sleeve from Timbuk2.

I have pictures of it with my 15" Al on my website at:
http://www.ncoday.com/Mac_Stuff/Timbuk2_Case/index.html
--------------------------------------
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

himself
Mac Elite
May 12, 2004, 06:46 PM

no mention of drop on this entire thread? they make three awesome laptop bags, designed for powerbooks. I just got myself a Mac Pro bag, which is pretty much a sleeve with a lot of extra pockets for other stuff. I have a TiBook, but i think this bag can accommodate at 17 incher. No big deal for me, but I think the bag is still awesome.

edit: I just revisited their site, and they've got quite a few more laptop bags than I thought... and they all look sweet. I'll be ordering another one soon.
( Last edited by himself; May 12, 2004 at 06:57 PM. )
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

Saramin
Forum Regular
May 13, 2004, 12:50 AM

I'm a bit late to the party, but whatever. I've been looking at the Timbuk 2 messenger bags as something that will carry my 12' PB. The Commute seems a bit overkill and too large, so I'm viewing the classic Messenger with some interest. Does anyone have some experience with how roomy the 'small' size is? Big enough to fit a 12' PB, some standard-size notebooks and maybe a college textbook or two? It doesn't have to carry 5 textbooks at once or anything, but having the room to fit at least one would be nice. Thoughts? I don't really want anything too excessive.

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2004, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by troymurray:

Booq BP.3 and PowerSleeve12
  • Any comments on the PowerSleeve series would be great.
  • How much padding is there?
  • Lifetime warranty

Brain Cell and Courier Laptop bag
  • Looks like the Brain Cell has a lot of padding to protect the PowerBook.
  • 60 days for a refund of the purchase price
I couldn't decide which of these I liked the best so I ordered both. That way I can try them and then exercise the return policy for the one that I don't want. If anyone has any ?'s on either of these, please ask and I'll respond while I have them both.
Troy Murray

macbeard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2004, 03:54 AM

Has anybody considered the Google laptop bag?

I bought the earlier version a few years ago. It was a simple, padded bag (meant for 12" only) with a couple of pockets under the flap.

Anyone bought the current one above? Here's the link:
https://www.googlestore.com/cgi-bin/...re/GO0036.html

There are no measurements given nor are there any pictures of the inside. If anyone's bought one, hope you can provide us with a detailed description. Thanks!

Lancer409
Professional Poster
May 13, 2004, 04:10 AM

Originally posted by Saramin:
I'm a bit late to the party, but whatever. I've been looking at the Timbuk 2 messenger bags as something that will carry my 12' PB. The Commute seems a bit overkill and too large, so I'm viewing the classic Messenger with some interest. Does anyone have some experience with how roomy the 'small' size is? Big enough to fit a 12' PB, some standard-size notebooks and maybe a college textbook or two? It doesn't have to carry 5 textbooks at once or anything, but having the room to fit at least one would be nice. Thoughts? I don't really want anything too excessive.

*Realize* that it does NOT come with any padding inside. messenger bags do not have padding unless u get a padded strap .. and that's just for your shoulder. the bags need a padded sleevecase if u want to put a laptop in there. otherwise they are only protected from water (timbuk2 bags are waterproof or insanely water resistant) ... u wouldnt wanna swim with the bag, but a huge rainstorm wouldnt get into ur bag if u close it right ... very well made bags, extremely durable. i have a deedog bag. i actually think the commute is great. i'd grab one if i didnt already have a deedog from timbuk2. i have a 12inch pb btw. so i'm grabbing a sleeve. i have a school hymn from crumpler on the way. will see how that turns out...

Saramin
Forum Regular
May 13, 2004, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by Lancer409:
*Realize* that it does NOT come with any padding inside. messenger bags do not have padding unless u get a padded strap .. and that's just for your shoulder. the bags need a padded sleevecase if u want to put a laptop in there. otherwise they are only protected from water (timbuk2 bags are waterproof or insanely water resistant) ... u wouldnt wanna swim with the bag, but a huge rainstorm wouldnt get into ur bag if u close it right ... very well made bags, extremely durable. i have a deedog bag. i actually think the commute is great. i'd grab one if i didnt already have a deedog from timbuk2. i have a 12inch pb btw. so i'm grabbing a sleeve. i have a school hymn from crumpler on the way. will see how that turns out...
I don't mind that it doesn't have any padding since I really couldn't care less if my PB gets a few scratches and dings. The chassis seems robust enough to not simply stop working if you exert a little pressure on it, and that's really all I care about. I'm more interested in the whole size thing since its rather hard to visualize it just from the given measurements in practical terms.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
May 13, 2004, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Saramin:
I don't mind that it doesn't have any padding since I really couldn't care less if my PB gets a few scratches and dings. The chassis seems robust enough to not simply stop working if you exert a little pressure on it, and that's really all I care about. I'm more interested in the whole size thing since its rather hard to visualize it just from the given measurements in practical terms.

why dont u just grab a sleeve if u just care about size, toss it in any bag u get. also, booq and marware? make cases that are like slipcases. soft, paded, soft, fits like a glove so i've heard. comes with a strap to toss over a shoulder. for what i'm spending for my laptop and the horror stories, i wouldnt trust tossing this around.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2004, 02:01 AM

i bought at Brenthaven Mobility 1 at the apple store today. great little bag for my ibook and pb12. full padded protection and retaining velcro strap, 10 pockets.

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
May 14, 2004, 06:32 AM

Teknopimp, could you perhaps post some pics of the Brenthaven Mobility 1, with the PB inside? I'm interested in the bag, but I want to see real-life pics before I order.

TIA
MacBook Pro 15.4/ i7 2.2 / 8.0/ 750/ DL SD/ APX
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

kashirat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2004, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by teknopimp:
i bought at Brenthaven Mobility 1 at the apple store today. great little bag for my ibook and pb12. full padded protection and retaining velcro strap, 10 pockets.
I too, would like to see some pictures and such, if you could. Does the backpack fit an Al15"? By the specs on the page they do apparently, but it would be nice if we had some verbal confirmation..

Thanks!

'kash

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2004, 09:58 PM

azt33 & kashirat: i don't have a way of posting an image, so i'll email pics to you tonight or saturday

7racer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2004, 11:35 AM

Outside:
very distinctive look. The backing and straps have a nice red lining that contrast well with the darker carbon fiber. The carbon fiber, however, doesn't look like true carbon fiber, but instead looks like a painted "weave". The construction is first rate. Materials all seem of high quality. Also, when putting in your "back" it feels very very comfortable. However, the back is quite curved, and it seems to feel the best if you are leaning forward alittle, ala riding a motorcycle.

Inside:

like you see in the pictures. there is a pouch up top on the hard side of the pack that zippers close. Also, under that there is a zipper that has access to a large pouch that seems to use the space of the "bulge" area. Then there are the assorted pockets and key holder. There is also a large expandable pocket that swallows

on the back is the padded pocket for the notebook and a Velcro strap to secure it.

Here is the problem. Since the back of the pack is curved, placing a notebook in the back causes it to stick up and away from the back of the back as it curves away from the flat notebook.

I am currently debating on keeping it. It suits my purposes perfectly and is able to keep many of my office charts in it as I travel from one to another. The only problem again is the fit of a notebook in the pocket.

Currently, debating the crumpler as posted previously, or the waterfield design�trager also seems to be a nice bag.

7racer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 17, 2004, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by 7racer:
Outside:
very distinctive look. The backing and straps have a nice red lining that contrast well with the darker carbon fiber. The carbon fiber, however, doesn't look like true carbon fiber, but instead looks like a painted "weave". The construction is first rate. Materials all seem of high quality. Also, when putting in your "back" it feels very very comfortable. However, the back is quite curved, and it seems to feel the best if you are leaning forward alittle, ala riding a motorcycle.

Inside:

like you see in the pictures. there is a pouch up top on the hard side of the pack that zippers close. Also, under that there is a zipper that has access to a large pouch that seems to use the space of the "bulge" area. Then there are the assorted pockets and key holder. There is also a large expandable pocket that swallows

on the back is the padded pocket for the notebook and a Velcro strap to secure it.

Here is the problem. Since the back of the pack is curved, placing a notebook in the back causes it to stick up and away from the back of the back as it curves away from the flat notebook.

I am currently debating on keeping it. It suits my purposes perfectly and is able to keep many of my office charts in it as I travel from one to another. The only problem again is the fit of a notebook in the pocket.

Currently, debating the crumpler as posted previously, or the waterfield design�trager also seems to be a nice bag.
sorry that was for the axio hard case. Swift model, with carbon color look

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2004, 10:12 PM

...thanks! i was wondering what the heck you were getting at.

yep, sick bags. i might have to get the Tekno model just cause of it's name

Ice33
May 20, 2004, 06:39 AM

I have read most of the thread and I still need some direction in making a choice. I have a 12" powerbook and I will be using it on a regular basis going to and from classes. It has to be a sleeve that fits inside a sling bag over the shoulder since I do not want to have to buy another bag on top of the sleeve.
My main concerns in order:

� That a sleeve offers a reasonable amount of protection in the corners since that is the area most likely to be damaged should the bag be set down hard on the ground.

� Has a decent amount of shock absorption for the top and bottom of the laptop. Books and other heavy items will be bumped around in my backpack so it needs some protection.

� Fits well around the Powerbook. What good is that protection if it gets thrown around in the sleeve.

� I like the minimalist look of the basic sleeve, I don't need pockets or extra things that can get snagged inside the backpack.

No more than $50 would really be nice

Target Practice
Forum Regular
May 20, 2004, 09:08 AM

Booq has a new version of the PowerSleeve that fits the 15" AlBooks perfectly. The PowerSleeve 14 (Black) is almost same form factor as the discontinued sleeves for the TiBook except all black.

Despite the name, the PowerSleeve 14 fits the 15" AlBook much better than the PowerSleeve 15. Go figure.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
May 21, 2004, 03:28 AM

Originally posted by Ice33:
I have read most of the thread and I still need some direction in making a choice. I have a 12" powerbook and I will be using it on a regular basis going to and from classes. It has to be a sleeve that fits inside a sling bag over the shoulder since I do not want to have to buy another bag on top of the sleeve.
My main concerns in order:

� That a sleeve offers a reasonable amount of protection in the corners since that is the area most likely to be damaged should the bag be set down hard on the ground.

� Has a decent amount of shock absorption for the top and bottom of the laptop. Books and other heavy items will be bumped around in my backpack so it needs some protection.

� Fits well around the Powerbook. What good is that protection if it gets thrown around in the sleeve.

� I like the minimalist look of the basic sleeve, I don't need pockets or extra things that can get snagged inside the backpack.

No more than $50 would really be nice
you might want to look into Crumpler School Hymn. They are backordered til end of may or so ... but they retail for approx 50. there's a site that sells it for 49 including shipipng (they are backordered except in blue) sleeve, supposed to be semi rigid .. having plastic inside it .. havent recieved mine yet so i'm not sure how well it handles. cheers

Dean Krouse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2004, 10:10 AM

great list. thanks a million! i just ordered a screen protector and those little rubber feet for the AL PB 15 incher. makes the screen tighter when closed.
Every passing moment is another chance to
turn it all around.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
May 23, 2004, 10:02 PM

how many of those rubber feet do u actually need? does the set include more than needed. also, i notice when i close the lid, i need to press over the latch to get it to click (rev C) does the feet fix it? thanks again

Forum Links
Forum Rules