Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 8)
vandelay
May 24, 2004, 04:11 AM

To Timbuk2 Commute XL and Booq Boa XL owners: Is it possible to fit a 17" in a sleeve in either of these bags? I have a Crumpler Crisp Suit, where the padded notebook compartment is just big enough for the "naked" 17", but not with the Tucano Second Skin on.

Saramin
Forum Regular
May 24, 2004, 06:06 PM

Can anyone with a Timbuk2 PeeWee messenger bag attest to the feasability of carrying a 15' PB in one of those? The dimensions look right, but there may be padding and such I'm not aware of.

7racer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 24, 2004, 09:40 PM

Well,

I just recieved my Waterfield Design Large cargo with sleeve case.

Like posted above it is an excellent case. I think the thing I like the most is the sleeve case with flap cover and D rings for the strap. The strap that comes with it when you order the D ring option is NICE and super comfy. The padded portion is neoprene and cushions your shoulder when you are walking around. It kinda feels like a shock absorber.

The only problem with the Large Cargo and a 17"PB with the sleeve case is that it WON't fit in that nice little pocket in the back that it was designed to do. Only a "naked" 17" PB will fit back there, otherwise you have to place the PB in the sleeve in the main compartment. That's too bad as I was hoping that the pocket would help hold the notebook against the back as advertised.

All in all pretty minor complaint...but a nice bag none the less.

In regards to the color I chose the lead though I am having second thoughts on the peppercorn.

Finally, in comparision to my Axio Hardpack....I like the hardpack more after seeing and briefly using this case. It just has alittle more function for what I have, though not nearly the amount of usuable space. The only drawback of the Axio is that the notebook doesn't sit flush in the back pack.

ManxStef
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2004, 02:12 PM

Just got a Crumpler School Hymn 15" (Large):
http://www.crumpler.co.uk/docs/laptops/schoolhymn.pdf

Got blue as they basically didn't have anything else (wanted silver to match the Powerbook ) unless I was willing to wait 2 months for the backorder!

Fits the 15" Powerbook snugly, has good zip protection, a nice smooth fuzz-free inside and a mildly sturdy semi-rigid plastic casing. The outer finish kinda reminds me of a kid's pencil case - that matt plastic stitched flexible stuff. It's pretty thick and durable feeling but I thought from the PDF that it'd be like fabric-covered neoprene (i.e. wetsuit material); no such luck unfortunately. Internal padding, besides the plastic covering, is fairly minimal on the flats to non-existant on the corners, so I wouldn't recommend dropping it (like you're going to drop your baby anyway!), but the semi-rigid plastic casing seems to absorb and spread impact pretty well - testing with a knuckle and a flat palm on the other side indicates that it'll soak up a good bit of punishment.

Overall it feels pretty sturdy and will protect your laptop well when put in a backpack with a load of other stuff, esp. if the stuff has got pointy corners

Downsides? No carry handle so it'll have to be tucked under your arm or something - it'd probably benefit from a webbing strap stitched to its spine, but you'll have to wait for Crumpler to do a mark 2. It wasn't cheap for what it is: I paid GBP�40 for it from Amazon.co.uk and an extra fiver for postage; I reckon it's worth closer to �25-30. But it'll do the job so I'm happy enough.

shadowofleaves
May 26, 2004, 07:00 PM

i have the pee wee messenger bag for my 15"
it fits nice, since all i do is carry my laptop and maybe a book it works out perfectly.

meatyocre
May 27, 2004, 10:31 AM

For my PB G4 12" I have used a targus slip case, which fits into any larger pack. Since both packs have padding I have had great results. Slip case was around $20...pretty cost effective solution.

fizeit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2004, 03:37 PM

I've read the zillion postings on what kind of sleeve to get for a powerbook G4 12, and I've checked out Booq, Spire, MacCase, Crumpler school hymn, Tom Binh, Timbuk2, Waterfield, and you name it. But none of the websites give the WEIGHTS of their sleeves and none of the discussants seem to even mention relative weight as a factor. what's the point of having a lightweight powerbook 12, if you have to add on a lot of extra weight to protect it?

Any advice here?
And why have I found only one or two mentions of MacCase sleeve (and now its backpack combo). It looked very good to me -- barring the weight (which I don't know)
fiz

nick_coday
May 27, 2004, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by fizeit:
I've read the zillion postings on what kind of sleeve to get for a powerbook G4 12, and I've checked out Booq, Spire, MacCase, Crumpler school hymn, Tom Binh, Timbuk2, Waterfield, and you name it. But none of the websites give the WEIGHTS of their sleeves and none of the discussants seem to even mention relative weight as a factor. what's the point of having a lightweight powerbook 12, if you have to add on a lot of extra weight to protect it?

Any advice here?
And why have I found only one or two mentions of MacCase sleeve (and now its backpack combo). It looked very good to me -- barring the weight (which I don't know)
I don't exactly have a scale here, but the Timbuk2 is what I would call around 1-1.2 pounds.

I don't think ahouls be a major issue if you want to protect you laptop. Padding and shock absorption most definitelty comes at a cost to weight. The more protection and peace of mind, the heavier it will be undoubtedly.
--------------------------------------
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

nesuser2
Forum Regular
May 27, 2004, 09:38 PM

I just received my booq case(12") for my ibook and it fits ultra snug and has reasonable padding for a sleeve. As well, the case holds uniform, which is to my liking. If you pull the iBook out, it still holds shape which means that it is somewhat sturdy. If it wasn't sturdy, it would be like gel coating that moved on impact. If there isn't any support in the case, I wouldn't recommend it(Cough Roadwired? Cough) As well, the booq case I ordered was kind of a gray/white color and it is very stylish as far as I'm concerned. It kind of screams Apple as you walk around with it!

iKwak
May 30, 2004, 03:20 AM

Whoa...some bag costs over $100 bucks.

Cheesebury
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2004, 07:29 PM

Finally got a Techair Libera grafite over the weekend and it's an incredible improvement over what i had before.

I cycle a few miles to work everyday so this thing should make all the difference. The shoulder straps are wonderfully comfortable and the air compartment looks very solid, there's room for my 15" powerbook, my clie, my phone and anything else i can think of. I haven't quite worked out the best place to put the powercord yet but there's definitly plenty of choices. Very happy. PC World for �49.99.

Beerman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2004, 07:09 PM

I have a Cozmo suite spot for my old Gateway Solo (soon to be upgrading to a Cargo suite spot) - hands down the best bag I have ever owned - a bit expensive, but considering the quality as well as the personal service, worth every penny and then some.

raferx
Senior User
Jun 1, 2004, 02:01 AM

I am picking this bag up on Saturday:

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=19

For my Ti 550...

I got it because my current work bag:

http://www.webaperture.com/articles/lib/rev/st0009

Has a laptop insert that is .5" too small! The booq will fit inside in it's place with a little velcro sewn on the sides.

The best substitute I could find!

werd.

Cheers,
raferx

chrisx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2004, 06:17 PM

A question for those with Aluminum PowerBooks:

What's the worst drop/accident that ever occured with your bag/case? What type of bag/case did you have, and what happened to the laptop?

I've been reading about how the Aluminum PowerBooks dent easily and would like to get a secure bag/case that can withstand a small drop and leave the laptop undamaged.

I've been looking at the Booq stuff, is 0.75" of padding enough? They seem to be the only ones who even post how much padding they offer, so I can't really compare with others.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2004, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by raferx:
I am picking this bag up on Saturday:

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=19

For my Ti 550...

did it fit? i mail ordered mine and ended up returning it cause it did not fit my Ti 800. i found it to be 1" too thick, 2" too tall and 3" too wide.

baglunch
Forum Regular
Jun 1, 2004, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by chrisx:
A question for those with Aluminum PowerBooks:

What's the worst drop/accident that ever occured with your bag/case? What type of bag/case did you have, and what happened to the laptop?

I've been reading about how the Aluminum PowerBooks dent easily and would like to get a secure bag/case that can withstand a small drop and leave the laptop undamaged.

I've been looking at the Booq stuff, is 0.75" of padding enough? They seem to be the only ones who even post how much padding they offer, so I can't really compare with others.
well i have a tom bihn monolith for my 17" powerbook, the worst drops all occured while it was in my backpack (regular one); once flat off of a chair onto it's face, once off a chair upside down *gasp*, and twice off the desk at work landing on it's butt (the bottom has the most protection). Thankfully no damage has been inflicted what so ever *knocks on wood*. The time where it fell upside down was the scariest because there's no padding on the zipper side of the monolith.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2004, 05:26 AM

There is an issue about bags and PowerBooks, I need one that avoid looks like 'PowerBook inside', so I had thought to buy one of those colorful Crips Suit or Very Busy Man, but you can find imitations of them on computer stores. So, the search starts again. phew...

chrisx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2004, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by baglunch:
well i have a tom bihn monolith for my 17" powerbook, the worst drops all occured while it was in my backpack (regular one); once flat off of a chair onto it's face, once off a chair upside down *gasp*, and twice off the desk at work landing on it's butt (the bottom has the most protection). Thankfully no damage has been inflicted what so ever *knocks on wood*. The time where it fell upside down was the scariest because there's no padding on the zipper side of the monolith.
Thanks a lot for the info. Anyone else have some stories? Or know of a place that reviews actual falls/drops? I've been doing a lot of reading about different bags/cases, but it's rare to see any actual results about how well it protects (especially an Aluminum PowerBook, since I've been reading a lot of stories about how it dents easily).

kastegir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2004, 02:35 PM

I'm upgrading from an iBook to a 1gHz TiBook and was wondering if anyone has used the MacCase Binder with their TiBook?

I previously used a WF Sleevecase with an older TiBook and it was very nice, but am considering something different this time around. Other options I am considering are the Schoolhymn by Crumpler and possibly the WF Sleevecase again.

Any advice/comparisons are welcome.

I'll be just using this as a sleeve and it'll ride in my Port laptop case.

TIA.

plasticmoz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 4, 2004, 12:59 AM

I just received a BOOQ Powersleeve 12" for my new Rev C and I love it. Much better build quality and functionality than the MARWARE Shark sleeve I was using. Very happy, and probably the last case I buy for this laptop. Highly recommended.

fanchee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2004, 12:53 AM

Just got a waterfield sleeve for my 12" and it's great. Also ordered the Crumpler Wee Bee and that should be here early next week. Can't wait to get that bag!!!!

Target Practice
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2004, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by teknopimp:
did it fit? i mail ordered mine and ended up returning it cause it did not fit my Ti 800. i found it to be 1" too thick, 2" too tall and 3" too wide.
Annoying, right? Booq has a new PowerSleeve 14 that fits TiBook and AlBook perfectly.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2004, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by Target Practice:
Annoying, right? Booq has a new PowerSleeve 14 that fits TiBook and AlBook perfectly.
had i known that at the time i would have bought the 14

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2004, 01:02 AM

anyone who owns a shinza zero shock 12, and a powerbook 12inch, can u please take a pic of the laptop in case with the case open, so i can see how snug/loose the zeroshock is. thanks =) feel free to pm me or respond in this thread.

thanks again!

-Will

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2004, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by Lancer409:
anyone who owns a shinza zero shock 12, and a powerbook 12inch, can u please take a pic of the laptop in case with the case open, so i can see how snug/loose the zeroshock is. thanks =) feel free to pm me or respond in this thread.

thanks again!

-Will
http://homepage.mac.com/faucon/Leftovers/zeroshock.html

Look harder, the link is right there on ther Shinza site.

And Chito did it here for the iBook:
Chito's 12" iBook

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

kastegir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2004, 01:21 AM

I'm considering the MarWare SportFolio for my 15" Powerbook. Anyone have positive (or negative) direct experiences with it?

diskgolfking
Jun 11, 2004, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by plasticmoz:
I just received a BOOQ Powersleeve 12" for my new Rev C and I love it. Much better build quality and functionality than the MARWARE Shark sleeve I was using. Very happy, and probably the last case I buy for this laptop. Highly recommended.
That's not surprising since the Marware is an actual sleeve while the Booq Powersleeve is more like a bag just for your laptop. The Powersleeve just has too much "functionality" for me since you can't put a 12" in a Powersleeve inside most 12" laptop bags. The Marware works just fine for this.

Bonhomme7heures
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2004, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by kastegir:
I'm considering the MarWare SportFolio for my 15" Powerbook. Anyone have positive (or negative) direct experiences with it?
Great buy!

I use this sleeve with a plain backpack all the time. No bumps and no problems at all!

I must say that it fits like a glove, so no moving around inside the sleeve and the zipper protection to avoid scratches is working exactly the way it should!

I'm one satisfied customer!
------------
Black Macbook
2Gb RAM

Formely: 15" ALU powerbook 512mb RAM

dj forge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2004, 02:53 AM

my friend came over today with his pb 12" and booq powersleeve 12.

he said the only downside was the entire thing was padded with the exception of the corners.

what made him really realize this was when someone knocked the powersleeve out of his hand and it dropped. the corner on his powerbook is now dented.

i can't decide exactly what I want to get.

I know I want a Crumpler bag (very busy man, most likely), but as far as a sleeve is concerned I might go with the marware since it seems to offer decent protection for the price.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2004, 08:45 AM

Forgive the lengthy post, but after just a week of using my new Booq Mamba, I wanted to post my first impressions. Overall I have to say I'm a little disappointed with this bag, but maybe I was expecting too much.

First, you need to realize this is a very minimalist bag...which is exactly what I wanted. It's designed to fit the Apple 12" laptops perfectly which it does but, unfortunately, not much else. The rest of the storage consists of layer upon layer of wide, non-closing pockets. Seven layers, by my count. These would be great if I had to carry a bunch of 2D objects, but things like chargers, iPods, cell phones and cameras are all three 3D. Try layering your charger on top of couple of cables on top of your iPod and suddenly your svelte bag is straining at the seams. And since only one of the pockets zippers closed, and the outer pocket is more of a flap, everything comes tumbling out when you open it more than half way.

But as I said, it's a minimalists bag, so I really shouldn't complain about storage. There are some other design choices, however, that are questionable.

One of the big selling points of this bag are the configurable straps, and they are handy, although I wish the shoulder pads used the nice non-slide rubberpad than the Waterfield bags use. But what I really don't understand is why Booq uses elastic straps hemmed around the sides of the bag connected to four 'D' rings for the straps? The elastic gives the bag an awkward bounce when you carry it by any of the straps, and the 'D' rings scoot around so the elastic bunches into the corner. Booq brags that this bag is rugged, but I can't believe this elastic will last more than a year under basic conditions. Maybe someone more familiar with this bag can explain that to me why the elaborate hemmed elastic when just four 'O' rings sewn snugly into the corners would do.

Finally, my last problem is really one of esthetics, but it really is my biggest gripe about the bag. Booq uses huge black and chrome zippers that incorporate their logo, but for all intents and purposes look like giant safety pins. I might not mind the look so much but they get in the way of each other and jingle like spurs when you walk. Small, flat-black zippers would really make this bag look and feel more professional and I can't help but wonder how much those custom zippers add to the cost. Besides, Booq already puts bright orange logos on the outside of the bag and on each strap, so the logo count with the zippers is something like eleven total.

And yes, the bag is well made, but I'm having trouble putting that into the 'plus' column. When you pay $80 for a bag you expect it to be well made. Honestly the stitching and fabrics are really no better quality than my $50 Ogio.

I'll probably keep this bag and maybe I'll even get used to it, but after just the first week I'd have to give this bag a B- or even a C+.

PatsPalace24
Jun 15, 2004, 09:49 PM

I love this thread! I have been looking over it forever, and am really excited because the parents just said if I can get to $2000, they will pay the rest, and I definately have 2000. So I am Powerbook bound. Now I want to protect it like a child. I know this thread is all about this, but I want some specifics in a bag. Here they are:
Ipod Integration- A specific Ipod holder with maybe a slit at top for cord.
Great Protection- well said
Specific pockets for DVD's
Spacious for other things other than notebook, like AirportExpress, AC adapter, ect.
Comes with a sleeve, but doesnt have too (I am unfamiliar with sleeves, if someone can point me in the right direction.)

I know this is alot, but I am new to this, and would love for someone to show me a bag w/ at least some of these features, mainly the Ipod integration. THANKS!

Riddler
Forum Regular
Jun 16, 2004, 11:21 AM

To Brenthaven Profile 15 users: how well does the 15AL fit? Is it tight or just right?

Cheers
Riddler

PowerBook G4 1.5GHz + MacPro 2.66 1900XT

crystalthunder
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2004, 04:21 PM

I received my Booq PowerSleeve and I'm already returning because of the excess space. I decided to go with a Timbuk2 grip sleeve instead. Don't let Booq fool you, if you want one of their cases get the 14 inch!!!

I'll post a mini-review of the Timbuk2 case when I get mine.
15" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHZ w/ 128MB VRAM
512MB DDR SDRAM 1 SODIMM
80GB 5400 RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.4

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jun 19, 2004, 04:28 PM

hi everyone, i just got myself a North Face Borealis Backpack. after 3 years of a messenger bag and a sling bag from Gap, i'm definitely ready for a backpack. messenger or slings are nice, when they don't have too much weight in them, but when it comes to hauling books in univ, i think i'm going to be glad i got an actual backpack, not to mention one that's very comfy. (can't believe i didn't get this for High school)

so yea, now that i have a backpack, i need a sleeve to put in it. the Borealis has a laptop compartment, but it ahs absolutely no padding, except for the backside. but other than that, it even touches the ground (not suspended like some laptop bags' laptop compartment) so i definitely want a sleeve for this.

my choices are:
-Radtech Glove
-Monolith (Tom Bihn)
-Mitre (Tom Bihn)
-Booq Powersleeve
-Waterfield Vertical
-Shinza Zeroshock

i figured the best choice would be the Monolith from Tom Bihn for protection, but it's 2.5" thick and might be too tall, i'm not sure.

would you recommend soemthing else? what's the best choice for me here??
Ryan

quadraphonic
Jun 20, 2004, 01:15 AM

I picked up the InCase Nylone Sleeve for my 12" PB. They offer it in leather and a "Soft-Tech" synthetic that looks like leatherette. I thought the Nylon would be a little more durable and weather a little more evenly over time. The fit is perfect, nice and tight with no wiggle. It has both front and rear exterior pockets (which the handles can be tucked into), an interior pocket, and clips for the included shoulder strap. My only concern is that the zippers don't go down very far, leaving one to put the PB in very carefully to avoid scratches. However, zipping it up is worry-free as they've built in sufficient padding below the zipper line that closes over the laptop as you seal the sleeve.

The Shinza ZeroShock has a longer zipper line allowing you to place the PB in and zip around it, though some have said it doesn't form to the computer as well. The Booq PowerSleeve 12 is nice, but hasn't received favorable reviews either.

All in all, I think the InCase is a great option, especially for people who plan to use the sleeve inside a larger backpack or messenger bag.

Just my $0.02.
-quadraphonic
12" Rev C Powerbook G4, ComboDrive, 60GB HD, 256MB RAM

CubeWannaB
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2004, 02:39 AM

I made my choice for my 12" pb: the Spire Nova. It's a small bag for my small laptop, but can still hold some of my other things. Additionally, the sleeve is included; no need to buy a matching set of sleeve and bag for an inflated price.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2004, 09:31 AM

First protection : Second Skin by Tucano for my 15" PB, perfect fit :
Tucano : Second Skin
Second Protection : Case Logic carrying case
NCS2 by Case Logic
Happy with both, no accidents yet **

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

azdude
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 21, 2004, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the link on that Tucano Second Skin.

I was about to buy the Marware SportFolio Sleeve... but the Second skin was CONSIDERABLY cheaper ($18!?)

I still want a quality product... is the Marware considerably better, or is the 15" Tucano SS for $18 simply a good product for a good price?
17" 2.33GHz C2D MacBook Pro / 320GB / 2GB

Ice33
Jun 21, 2004, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by d.fine:
First protection : Second Skin by Tucano for my 15" PB, perfect fit :
Tucano : Second Skin

http://www.tucano.it/ITA/PDF_inglese...s_neoprene.pdf

It looks nice but it also looks squishy.
Is it just neoprene? What protects the laptop from the zipper?
So far I am not sure that this would be better then the Zeroshock or Crumpler sleeve.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2004, 06:56 AM

The Second Skin is a perfect fit for the 15". On the inside the zipper has a 'flap' or so on each side that separates the PB from the zipper. If you want I can post some pics of the inside protection. It is priced ok and I'm real happy with it. It is very soft, doesn't make scratches, it does a good job at protecting the PB from everyday stuff, like a set of keys, etc. I'd recommend it to anyone ... ! It is also a little elastic, I have to get the PB 'in' there, but I like that it is a tight fit ! The screen can't open by accident ! I think it is a very good product for it's price ...

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

Riddler
Forum Regular
Jun 22, 2004, 01:30 PM

Well no one replied to my question about the Brenthaven Profile 15 so I just went ahead and ordered. Arrived today, first impressions are very good:

a. Very light
b. Very good quality strong Nylon materials
c. AL fits snuggly in, not tight, not loose.
d. Nice thick foam surrounding all sides with hard coating
e. Nice padded shoulder strap
f. Decent sized pocket for PSU/cables

Can't believe how light it feels with the book in, I seem to remember my Pismo weighed a ton in it's Kensington Saddle Bag.

Test will be in July when I'm off to Croatia for 3 weeks, wifey will get the PowerBook to carry whilst I lug around the LowePro MiniTrekker. When I get back I'll write up a mini review with pics and post back.
Riddler

PowerBook G4 1.5GHz + MacPro 2.66 1900XT

crystalthunder
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 23, 2004, 02:59 PM

After having to send back my Booq PowerSleeve 15 for the unfortunate obvious reasons (I'm a 15" PowerBook owner), I have to say I have been incredibly happy with my Timbuk2 Laptop Grip Sleeve. While the build of the bag is amazing, the best part is by far the Corduroy interior. I feel so safe putting my laptop in it because it feels so nice and utilizes rounded pads on the edges to give the machine 360 degree protection. The handles are nice, and the shoulder strap is very nice with the lock slide adjuster. My main gripe is that the strap doesn't have any padding, but that can be easily fixed with buying a Timbuk2 strap pad. The sleeve fits very well in my older Timbuk2 commuter laptop bag, and I dont' think I could be any happier with it.

If you are looking for a rugged sleeve case, especially if you are familiar with the Timbuk2 brand, I highly recommend this new sleeve case.
15" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHZ w/ 128MB VRAM
512MB DDR SDRAM 1 SODIMM
80GB 5400 RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.4

idyll
Senior User
Jun 23, 2004, 05:31 PM

I just got the medium Timbuk2 classic (love it).

Also for a sleeve, I bought the chrome bags laptop sleeve.

The sleeve fits absolutely perfectly in the Timbuk2. Leaves about 4 inches of space for books/whatever infront.

The fit of the 12" powerbook in the chrome bags sleeve is very nice also. A little room to spare.
The padding seems very good as well.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2004, 06:21 PM

Free notebook bag for any 12" 14" and 15" apple users. Have fun people!!!!

Here's what to do, search for viking office products

Here's the right picture, sorry about that.

If it's not available in the first link, click the second and see if they have any in stock.

Basically its a free bag with any purchase so just purchase something really cheap and add the free bag to your cart and you'll have a total of less then five bux after shipping charges and tax.
( Last edited by iREZ; Jun 24, 2004 at 11:43 AM. )
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

KarimL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2004, 09:42 PM

Well, I just ordered the Powersleeve12 from Booq.

I have a larger bag that can be both used with a shoulder strap and as a back pack. I hope to use this when I have to carry around more than just my Powerbook.

Let's see out it goes.
Powerbook G4 12"
Rev C - 512MB/60GB/Superdrive

rag on a muffin
Senior User
Jun 24, 2004, 12:32 AM

could someone give me a suggestion for my setup? i would like a packback and be able to bring:

a 3 ring binder

my 12" powerbook

and a canon i80 printer.

as well as various pockets for pens, pencils, and a mouse.

this is mainly for school.

i was thinking of getting the boblbee, but found out it was incredibly small, like 1500 cubic inches, and i could not find any pictures of the inside, to see the layout.

any help would be much appreciated.
Superhero Of The Computer Rage
MacBook Pro 2.16 Ghz, PowerBook G4 12" 1 Ghz (DVI) Dell 24" monitor
Porsche 944, Mercedes 240D (running onWaste Vegetable Oil)

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jun 24, 2004, 11:45 PM

a 3 ring binder?? or 3 binders??

if it's just one, sounds like a 1500-1600 bag should be enough. but if you want to being 3 binders, then get a 2000-ish bag. my North Face Borealis can definitely carry what you listed there and maybe 2-3 extra binder.
Ryan

Phil333
Forum Regular
Jun 27, 2004, 07:06 PM

Hey guys. I have a question about the Booq for the 15" ... Will it fit comfortably inside a normal backpack?

Thanks

-Phil

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 09:44 PM

Phil333: It depends. I have the Booq 15". I've put it in a backpack on a few occasion and found it inconvenient. It is also quite big and so your backpack needs to be able to accommodate its size. Check the outer dimensions to see. I was able to fit it inside my Jansport, but the top edges were always a tight squeeze. Hope that helps.

dj forge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2004, 02:32 AM

if anyone was looking to get a crumpler roll-o-notes, I have a new one for sale. It's too small for my 15" pb, but it should fit any 12" models well

here's some pics

http://www.djforge.com/gallery/view_...mName=crumpler
DJForge.com

Powerbook 15"
1.5 Ghz
1 GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules