Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread

Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread (Page 5)
///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2003, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by PeterKG:
Thanks Milien!

Awesome wallpaper!
No problem. OT - I lived in Newport Beach for most of my life before moving out to DC. Sure miss the Pacific and weather out there.
 Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz Xeon | 12GB RAM | 2.5TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | 24" LED Cinema Display
 Mac mini [Unibody] 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 8GB RAM | 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD | 24" LED Cinema Display
 MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 256GB SDD
Too many accessories to list...

nate_02
Senior User
Nov 8, 2003, 11:22 PM

My gear:
PowerMac Dual 1.25GHz
Apple Cinema Display, 23"
Tanoy Reveal Active Studio Monitors
Mackie 1402Pro-VLZ
Sony DSR-25 DVCam Deck
PowerBook G4 1.25GHz
PowerBook G4 1.25GHz (my brother's)
UMAX Firewire Scanner
HP Printer
-nate

PeterKG
Senior User
Nov 9, 2003, 01:19 AM

Originally posted by ///Milien:
No problem. OT - I lived in Newport Beach for most of my life before moving out to DC. Sure miss the Pacific and weather out there.
Hey Milien,

I envy you as I would like to live in DC. I have a sister in Great Falls and several close cousins in DC. My grandparents are buried at Arlington too. Come out and visit! Don't forget to watch 'The OC' on Fox, Wednesday nights.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

MacsGalor
Senior User
Nov 9, 2003, 03:23 AM

Hey Milien,

I envy you as I would like to live in DC. I have a sister in Great Falls and several close cousins in DC. My grandparents are buried at Arlington too. Come out and visit! Don't forget to watch 'The OC' on Fox, Wednesday nights.
Well about 70% of the time I would say you don't want to live here. Then the other 40% I think of things like living close to two Apple stores and there are even 2 more if I want to drive a little more, also the opportunities that I couldn't have gotten anywhere else. Do you know what section your grandparents are in at Arlington and what branch they were? I am in the Honor Guard which performs military honors so I am there 3 - 5 times a week.

@ho
Nov 9, 2003, 06:19 AM

Hey nate_02 your setup and your office remind me of the final cut pro 4 ad in magazines, looks the same gray color on the wall, the desk, the phone, etc.

Peabo
Senior User
Nov 9, 2003, 07:11 AM

Originally posted by nate_02:

My gear:
PowerMac Dual 1.25GHz
Mackie 1402Pro-VLZ
Sony DSR-25 DVCam Deck
PowerBook G4 1.25GHz
UMAX Firewire Scanner
HP Printer
you have the same mixer as me
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

Robe
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2003, 07:25 AM

nate_02 - I have a sound/music question (your posts suggest you know this stuff!)

I have been toying with different speakers. I have the Soundsticks (usb) and I am now trying the bose 3 companions. I like them both, but I notice a hiss/hum during silence or soft music with the bose using the audio-out port but not with the soundsticks via usb - is this normal? I also have a small behringer mixer that I could use with the setup - I have a 17" PB (rev A) any advice?

Originally posted by nate_02:

My gear:
PowerMac Dual 1.25GHz
Mackie 1402Pro-VLZ
Sony DSR-25 DVCam Deck
PowerBook G4 1.25GHz
UMAX Firewire Scanner
HP Printer

PeterKG
Senior User
Nov 9, 2003, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by MacsGalor:
Well about 70% of the time I would say you don't want to live here. Then the other 40% I think of things like living close to two Apple stores and there are even 2 more if I want to drive a little more, also the opportunities that I couldn't have gotten anywhere else. Do you know what section your grandparents are in at Arlington and what branch they were? I am in the Honor Guard which performs military honors so I am there 3 - 5 times a week.
Hi MacsGalor,

Ah yes, it is nice to live near two Apple stores. I have Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza, plus numerous other LA locations.

I'm not sure what section number they are in. I only know exactly how to find it. They are near the right walkway that leads up to JFK. If you were to look over to your right kind of on a knoll there is a large black granite headstone. My grandfather was a lieutenant in the Navy. He was also Interior Secretary under Truman, head of TVA and the War Production Board under Roosevelt. My grandmother is buried in the same grave as they allow that I guess. His name was Julius Albert Krug. There are also a bunch of Supreme Court Justices buried in the same area. My sister knows the section and has a pass to drive in, since she lives in VA.

What a noble thing to be an honor guard at such a hallow place. So much history around you. So much pain in so many peoples hearts to have loved ones there. Thank you for performing such a duty. I remember well what a wonderful ceremony you take part in. It must bring pride and comfort to those families you
help to bury a loved one.

Take care!
Peter
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

nate_02
Senior User
Nov 9, 2003, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by @ho:
Hey nate_02 your setup and your office remind me of the final cut pro 4 ad in magazines, looks the same gray color on the wall, the desk, the phone, etc.
Just need a few more bells and wistles including an Xraid, then I'd be set.
-nate

nate_02
Senior User
Nov 9, 2003, 03:51 PM

The digital audio from the USB port to the soundsticks will probably be cleaner then the analog audio in the bose although the difference shouldn't be too noticeable. If you have another computer you can try the bose speakers on, that will tell you if your audio out on your PB is bad or if it is the speakers. Your little mixer might clean up the audio a little bit.

Make sure that the output on your PB is more toward the high side so you can turn down the volume on your speakers. The higher the volume on your speakers, the more chance for hiss.

Originally posted by Robe:
nate_02 - I have a sound/music question (your posts suggest you know this stuff!)

I have been toying with different speakers. I have the Soundsticks (usb) and I am now trying the bose 3 companions. I like them both, but I notice a hiss/hum during silence or soft music with the bose using the audio-out port but not with the soundsticks via usb - is this normal? I also have a small behringer mixer that I could use with the setup - I have a 17" PB (rev A) any advice?
-nate

registar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2003, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by PeterKG: "They are near the right walkway that leads up to JFK. If you were to look over to your right kind of on a knoll there is a large black granite headstone."

I don't know about you, but I'm not getting in-between a knoll and anything called JFK!!!

Jazzphone
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2003, 05:45 PM

Here is mine, Enjoy

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2003, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by EvanV:
I don't think you have enough keyboards
I think you're right.

However, I rest peacefully in the knowledge that the B-3, Rhodes, and Clavinet are waiting in the rehearsal studio, a twenty-minute drive away.

-s*

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 9, 2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Jazzphone:
Here is mine, Enjoy

http://jazzphone.intenseghetto.com/Setup3.jpg
Love the Logitech mouse, I have one as well.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

WOPR
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2003, 07:11 PM

Bit out of date now...

That nasty Epson went to the tip - a nice Canon S9000 is there now.

 iMac Core 2 Duo 17" 2ghz 3gb/250gb ||  iBook G4 12" 1.33ghz 1gb/40gb

MacsGalor
Senior User
Nov 9, 2003, 11:30 PM

Hi MacsGalor,

I'm not sure what section number they are in. I only know exactly how to find it. They are near the right walkway that leads up to JFK. If you were to look over to your right kind of on a knoll there is a large black granite headstone. My grandfather was a lieutenant in the Navy. He was also Interior Secretary under Truman, head of TVA and the War Production Board under Roosevelt. My grandmother is buried in the same grave as they allow that I guess. His name was Julius Albert Krug. There are also a bunch of Supreme Court Justices buried in the same area. My sister knows the section and has a pass to drive in, since she lives in VA.

Take care!
Peter
It sounds like you might be talking about section 33. I can kind of see where you are talking about but it would be hard to find, if you get the maker number let me know and I will pay my respects. And yes they allow two people to use the same grave, they stack the vaults. And unless the granite headstone you mentioned is theirs your grandfathers name would be on one side of the stone and your grandmothers would be on the other.

mrgaskell
Senior User
Nov 12, 2003, 03:13 AM

These are some pics of my setup at home. I use an iCurve stand at work and administer my schools small lab and iBook cart with Remote Desktop from an eMac on my desk. I'll post that tomorrow. I have a 12" PowerBook G4 1ghz/768mb/40gbHD/SD/Airport Extreme running Panther 10.3.1.

Far view Close-up
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

mrgaskell
Senior User
Nov 12, 2003, 03:48 AM

By the way, that's a Palm Tungsten | T on the desk, with a Dazzle Media card reader. On the floor is a LaCie 80gb HD, a Buslink 32x12x40 CD-RW drive, and a 3rd Generation 10GB iPod in the gray sleeve.
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2003, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
I think you're right.

However, I rest peacefully in the knowledge that the B-3, Rhodes, and Clavinet are waiting in the rehearsal studio, a twenty-minute drive away.

-s*
mmmmmmmmmmmm Rhodes
/me wants

mintcake
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2003, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by WOPR:
Bit out of date now...
Very nice! So what's that you're working on on your PB? :D

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 12, 2003, 10:06 AM

I think you mean me - it's an M6TTL which I've had for a while now. I love it (most of the time). I don't love it when it's cold and I don't have my gloves with me...

And to the person who was asking about whether I'd recommend the set-up: yes, but it could definitely be a bit faster. I've got the 1GHz 12" with 768MB of RAM and when I'm mucking around scanning and editing in Photoshop things can get really slow. The images I'm dealing with are normally c.70MB (i.e. 35mm scanned at 2900dpi into a 16bit file) so they're large but not huge. The 17" I had with 1GB of RAM was noticeably better, but not enought to warrant keeping a laptop that was that much bigger (and especially not when I'd rather spend the difference on other things).

I think I'll get a G5 at some stage to go with it for the Photoshop work.

I like those M4Ps but I'm not convinced about the M7s. I'm getting off topic, though

Originally posted by cantcstr8:
Hey pdovinh, what Leica is that? Looks like an M6 black but I cant tell.

I just got an M7 to go with my M4P. Loving it.

I have two thirds of my great design trio....

1 .Apple G5 with Studio display and Ibook
2. Leica M camera and lenses

and wanting an Audi TT. Though that will take awhile

Icekey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2003, 09:07 AM

I finally got my iPod after waiting for 7 weeks so I'm posting my setup!!!

The gears are:
15" Alubook
20 gig iPod w/ electra iSkin
Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
Peecee
NEC e808N 3 phone
Telstra Slimline 40 Neon Blue phone
I want my mac NOW!

Fellow2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2003, 12:57 PM

I just got back from a road trip from Vancouver BC to San Francisco CA and decided to finally backup the rest of my stuff and put my PC away in storage. I am only using my Mac now. My desk feels much nicer without the huge monitor on it. Anyway, here it is. The photo's look pretty bad because the fake light of the flash, but you get the idea.

Something like that

KBFinFan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2003, 03:28 PM

That's really nice! Where is that desk from? I saw a similar one at IKEA just last week... or is yours from somewhere else?

I wish I hadn't got a desk from Target.. without checking out IKEA first.. Ok enough about IKEA

Also, your braided wires are really nice.. overall A+ !

jendmb34
Nov 13, 2003, 04:07 PM

i love your desk as well. i'm also wondering where it's from...

Alpha-sphere
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2003, 05:51 PM

I bet it's from Ikea. Saw the same one in the Dutch Ikea Cataloge