Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Adm. John Poindexter's home phone number and address

Adm. John Poindexter's home phone number and address
PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2002, 07:26 PM

http://sfweekly.com/issues/2002-11-2...l/1/index.html

Optimistically, I dialed John and Linda Poindexter's number -- (301) 424-6613 -- at their home at 10 Barrington Fare in Rockville, Md., hoping the good admiral and excused criminal might be able to offer some insight.
The rest of the article is good read too.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2002, 07:29 PM

oooh oooh don't show max...he'd like that better than some mamet DVD anyday...

roger_ramjet
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2002, 07:52 PM

Any article that begins by talking about "Amerika" is just some propaganda that doesn't interest me.
( Last edited by roger_ramjet; Dec 5, 2002 at 08:01 PM. )

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2002, 08:51 PM

Worse, I learned, Iran-Contra conspirator Adm. John Poindexter had been made head of a Pentagon division that would compile a vast database of every financial, medical, employment, school, credit, and government record for every American, so that law enforcement and spooks might better spy on us.
If you think this is propagana, and not accurate, then you need to take a long hard look at what is happening to this country.

There are a lot of scary things going on, with no regard at all to the constitution or the bill of rights. Massive changes have been signed into law under the guise of patriotism and fighting terrorism.

Frankly, it sickens me that way this country is being raped by politicians. We have been turned into a police state so gradually that most Americans haven't noticed, and frankly, are too dumb to care.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Dec 5, 2002, 08:53 PM

What does the "Amerika" referance mean?
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2002, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by voodoo:
What does the "Amerika" referance mean?
It's just a reference to the way we have all become tools of the government, ala communist Russia, instead of the government working for us like it is supposed to.

PorscheBunny  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2002, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by roger_ramjet:
Any article that begins by talking about "Amerika" is just some propaganda that doesn't interest me.
� then follow the IAO link in my sig and see for yourself in THEIR own words.

Or maybe you prefer being a toy of the Feds?

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2002, 11:15 PM

"ADMIRAL POINDEXTER!
Get back on Felix The Cat where you belong!
Get the damn pipe out of your mouth!
You're history, you're gone!"

Frank Zappa,
"The Untouchables"
Broadway the Hardway (1988)
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Dec 6, 2002, 12:15 AM

Can someone tell me where the whole "Amerika" thing comes from? Honest question. I get the feeling that I must have known at one point and forgotten it, because I can't read it without feeling this incredible rage, the likes of which I don't typically get from a misspelling. I mean, I know it was a Franz Kafka novel, but I don't see why I'd get riled up over that.

I admit to not knowing a huge deal about Poindexter. I know he was "inside" on the Iran-Contra scandal, however I don't judge based on that for the simple reason that I'm still not entirely sure it wasn't the right thing to do. So until I decide one way or the other, I consider that a wash.

However, the simple fact that he's being chosen to head what amounts to a Big Brother agency is more than enough cause for hatred. Nevertheless, posting this guy's home address and phone number, with intent to incite harrassment, is Not Cool. Very, very, very Not Cool, in fact. No better than what the traitors in our government want to do to us with this Big Brother organization in the first place. The least someone resisting this stuff can do is not be hypocritical about it.

And I love the mindless vilification of the Republicans which goes on as well. I've noticed it in other places too: somehow, because California was the only state to elect only Democrats, they are suddenly the guardians of all that is good and pure about the US, and ought to secede. Or some absurd crap like that. We'll never know the truth of why they elected a straight Democratic ticket, but with results like that it could as easily have been blind devotion as actual principle.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

shawnjoyce
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2002, 12:16 AM

my personal favorite is: republiKKKans

PorscheBunny  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2002, 12:21 AM

The reference is to a TV miniseries back in the 1980s about a Communist takeover of the US called Amerika.

http://www.lgoldberg.com/Clipbooks%2...merika_on_abc_(jan__1987).htm

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1256262

Sometimes the best way to point out a systemic flaw is to take it to an extreme that may not necessary be logical.

Anyone with hacker access to an IAO database could post information like that about any citizen, including elected representatives. The government would have to deny they were the source of the information because of an NDA with maker of the flawed software, and a private citizen couldn't point out that there is a flaw due to the DMCA.
( Last edited by PorscheBunny; Dec 6, 2002 at 12:36 AM. )

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 6, 2002, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Can someone tell me where the whole "Amerika" thing comes from? Honest question. I get the feeling that I must have known at one point and forgotten it, because I can't read it without feeling this incredible rage, the likes of which I don't typically get from a misspelling. I mean, I know it was a Franz Kafka novel, but I don't see why I'd get riled up over that.
I think Kafka just happened to use the German (?) spelling, although I could be mistaken. I think its use here stems from the late 60's-early 70's. In some cases it was used as a political statement, and in other cases people just did it because it was different.

I admit to not knowing a huge deal about Poindexter. I know he was "inside" on the Iran-Contra scandal, however I don't judge based on that for the simple reason that I'm still not entirely sure it wasn't the right thing to do. So until I decide one way or the other, I consider that a wash.
I think he upsets people because he ran a sneaky operation, lied to Congress (as I recall), got off on a technicality, seemed frighteningly detached about it all, and is now right back where he started. You don't have to be a leftist to think that it might not reflect well on the way Washington works.

However, the simple fact that he's being chosen to head what amounts to a Big Brother agency is more than enough cause for hatred. Nevertheless, posting this guy's home address and phone number, with intent to incite harrassment, is Not Cool. Very, very, very Not Cool, in fact. No better than what the traitors in our government want to do to us with this Big Brother organization in the first place. The least someone resisting this stuff can do is not be hypocritical about it.

A valid point, although I think the author might've been trying to make a "Here's a taste of your own medicine" point, although I'm not sure.

And I love the mindless vilification of the Republicans which goes on as well. I've noticed it in other places too: somehow, because California was the only state to elect only Democrats, they are suddenly the guardians of all that is good and pure about the US, and ought to secede. Or some absurd crap like that. We'll never know the truth of why they elected a straight Democratic ticket, but with results like that it could as easily have been blind devotion as actual principle.
I wouldn't take it too seriously - it's run-of-the-mill partisan hyperbole, like Rush Limbaugh's. The Northwest attracts secessionists from both extremes. God bless 'em.

Usama's Carcass
Banned
Dec 6, 2002, 04:54 AM

Some people viewed the Iran-Contral scandal as patriotism: Arms for hostages, you know. Ollie North was just doing what he could to free his fellow Americans held in Lebanon (like Terry Anderson), and this process worked to some extent. If you don't think that's fair, tell that to those families who were reunited with their fathers and husbands because some 'crooks' were willing to do more for their country than those senile, brain-dead morons in Congress.

This agency shouldn't exist, but arms-for-hostages was real Americans trying to save some of their own. Praise Allah that Reagan had the balls to see it that way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules