Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Who has most recently received their 12"? When will I get mine!

Who has most recently received their 12"? When will I get mine!
mikeylebeau
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2003, 06:16 PM

I ordered my 12" BTO (60/640/SD/AE) on January 27th and it says on or before 2/25.. But I know a lot of people are getting them earlier than that. Has anyone just received theirs in the past few days, or has anyone just received shipping notice, and if so, when did you order yours? I'm trying to determine based on that when I might expect mine to ship. I am DYING waiting for this thing. Thanks!

-mikey
15" TiBook RIP :(
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2003, 08:34 PM

I ordered the same thing (minus the superdrive) on 1/25. And I have the same "on or before" time you do. I called apple and the guy I spoke to gave me a window of between 2/11 and 2/25. He said it might ship before then, but it was unlikely. And now that it's Friday, I guess the earliest it could ship would be Monday the 10th.

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2003, 09:04 PM

Okay.. I'm still also curious about people who have just received shipment notification, though.

Also, would you mind posting to this thread (or at least to the forum if you can't find this thread) when you *do* receive shipment notification, and I will do the same? Thanks for the info.

-mikey
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

xenopdx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2003, 09:27 PM

I ordered mine (no BTO options) on 1/27. Apple shipped it from Taiwan on 2/1 and I got it on Wednesday (2/5). I got it through my school though.

PB 12 is very sweet. The only complaint I have is that it's too quiet. I always think that there is something wrong with because it's so quiet.

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2003, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by xenopdx:
I ordered mine (no BTO options) on 1/27. Apple shipped it from Taiwan on 2/1 and I got it on Wednesday (2/5). I got it through my school though.

PB 12 is very sweet. The only complaint I have is that it's too quiet. I always think that there is something wrong with because it's so quiet.
Ah, okay.. That's just because it's not BTO at all. Us BTO folk have to wait longer.

-mikey

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2003, 07:37 PM

I, like Rivak, ordered a BTO (maxed out with Superdrive, all the Ram and big HD) on 1/25 and most recently was given a window of 2/11 - 2/25. I am SO anxious to get this, that I check several times a day. I'm kind of hpoing for 2/11. I did upgrade to 2-day shipping, as I realiezed I wouldn't be able to stand for 5 days, knowing my new baby was out there somewhere.

I have never been like this about a product, either. Of course, my G4 two years ago only took about 5 or 6 days to show up. It's already been 2 weeks@

Beth

chrstopher
Feb 8, 2003, 08:06 PM

I ordered my maxed out with airport basestation and apple care on the 14th jan it left Taiwan on feb 1st but the order got stuck in luxemburg because the BS did not leave until the 3rd grrrrr (I know order them individually) so I might, probably hopefuly maybe have it on monday..

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2003, 09:59 PM

I'll be sure and post to this thread when I get a shipping confirmation.

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2003, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Rivak:
I'll be sure and post to this thread when I get a shipping confirmation.
Me too..

-mikey

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 10:51 AM

This thread is really similar to another, but I wanted to let you all know I just checked my status and my PB has shipped! I'm beyond excited.

I ordered a maxed out PB on 1/25, just like Rivak. Any shipping info from you, too?

Beth

n_lim
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 11:19 AM

WAHHHH!!! I ordered on 1/23, also a maxed out 12", and still am in the open status. This sucks! My estimated ship date is on or before 2/21.

Get... here... now....

congrats on yours shipping though

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 11:31 AM

What the hell! I'm in Chicago too, how come *mine* hasn't shipped! hehe.. Well, here's to hoping for today or tomorrow at least. Not that it matters now, because I'm going to be out of town for the weekend.. I really wanted it for my trip

-mikey

morlium
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2003, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by n_lim:
WAHHHH!!! I ordered on 1/23, also a maxed out 12", and still am in the open status. This sucks! My estimated ship date is on or before 2/21.

Get... here... now....

congrats on yours shipping though
Hey man ... try waiting for six weeks (so far), after you've heard nothing, the Web site still says 6-8 weeks, and every other consumer product is shipping, and you sold your perfectly-fine 15" on Jan. 6 and have been without a laptop since.

Talk to me then.
Michael Simon, Executive Editor
Collar and Carapace Press

n_lim
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 11:42 AM

I feel your pain, but my situation is worse, sold my Ti 667 in December, have been using a ... gasp... DELL since!!!!!!

Seriously though, why is your 12" taking 6 weeks? Did you order through adc?

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 11:49 AM

Beth, can I ask you if the shipping notification/tracking number say that it shipped today or yesterday? For me, when my AirPort Extreme card shipped, it only told me a couple days afterwards.. It would be really great if I receive my shipping notification soon telling me it shipped yesterday; then I could still have it before my trip on Thursday!

Thanks.

-mikey

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 12:25 PM

MINE SHIPPED!

I didn't receive any email confirmation, but I just checked the site and it shipped. From looking at the tracking info, looks like it left Taiwan on the 28th. I guess they don't consider it "shipped" until it ships from the regional distribution place in Indiana?

Anyway, I work for a wine distribution company, and FedEx is our primary carrier, so I'll call my special FedEx shipper-only hotline today and get all of the juicy details.

Oh, while typing this I just received the email!

I'll let you know what I find out from FedEx -- but now that it's in the states, I should have it by Thursday.

arnette
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 12:31 PM

I ordered my Powerbook 12" on Jan 12th and ever since then it's been in the "Open- Est. Ship Date of 2/25" mode. Until this morning, anyway.
I went to check the apple.com order status page and it said that my computer had already shipped and was delivered to some bloke I don't know on 1/31!!! Does that mean my order page wasn't updated for 2 weeks and now some fool has MY computer??!

Damn tracking errors. I emailed Apple and hopefully I'll get a reply by the end of the day. I'm hoping that they shipped it to be and its en route but they gave me an incorrect tracking number. Weird that the Fed Ex tracking number they gave me was in the same city. Whatever. As long as I get my Minibook I'm happy.

arnette
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 12:49 PM

Right after I posted I checked again and it changed! Now my powerbook is sitting in Indiana but was last dated at 1/31. Who knows??!!!

Kooky. What usually happens after this?

-- ok, I get it. distribution center and all that. Good, maybe I'll have it by Friday. I should start clearing my desk to make some room. It's so small though that it won't take much effort! maybe piece of notebook paper or two.
( Last edited by arnette; Feb 11, 2003 at 01:23 PM. )

PSchoolen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2003, 12:51 PM

I ordered my maxed out BTO 12" powerbook on 1/18 and they gave me a ship date of on or before 2/19 BUT it actually shipped today 2/11. Just a few more days......

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 01:47 PM

Arnett -- I bet you have the same difficulty I have -- which is that Fed Ex RECYCLES tracking numbers. My laptop supposedly was delivered to someone on 1/31 as well. I called Apple -- right away -- they called Fed Ex and explained the recycled thing.

That was about 3 hours ago. My number is still wrong, but if you read your shipment e-mail carefully, it mentions "a business day" or "12 hours" for updated info. So I was going to call again, but now I'll wait until later.

Beth

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 01:52 PM

Mikeylebeau -- Hmmm As my number appears to be recycled, I can't tell you WHERE my laptop is, exactly. When I called Apple at 8:30 this morning, they said something like "the number was just assigned/scanned/something like that an hour ago." So I'm assuming it's still in Taiwan.

That said, when my base station came a few weeks ago, by the time I got notification, it was already a day into the process, so to speak, because of the time difference. It only took two days to get here.

So -- my assumption (and I sure hope I'm right!) is that my laptop will show up about 10 a.m. Thursday, b/c that's what time Fed Ex is usually through my neighborhood. (I work at home!)

And where, by the way, in Chicago are you? I'm in Geneva -- western suburbs.
Beth

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 02:04 PM

Just want to let you know that I ordered a MAXED out PowerBook 12-inch from the Apple Store (for Developer's). Ordering fairly late the evening of January 27th, my computer shipped today exactly two weeks later.

Of course, no tracking information is available as of yet ... will update as soon as tracking number becomes valid.

arnette
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 02:30 PM

Thanks Beth...

That makes a lot of sense, though you'd think Fed Ex would use a recycled number from a while ago, not one dated 1/31. Do they really send THAT many packages?? Geesh.

I still don't have departure info on the NEW and CORRECT fed ex number that Apple posted on my order status page, but like you were saying, it will update as 'shipped' either later today or definitely tomorrow. Indiana to Texas... maybe Friday. I hope. So excited and I want it all for myself on the weekend!

Now if we could just get some iPod updates I'll be content.

Hozie
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2003, 02:47 PM

Ordering fairly late the evening of January 27th, my computer shipped today exactly two weeks later.
So the wait time is about two weeks now, isn't it? I ordered mine on the 27th as well, but as I didn't pay by CC (what was I thinking? ), the check only cleared on 2/5, so I'm probably looking at a shipping date of 2/19 at the earliest. And to add insult to injury, the European order status page doesn't show an approximate shipping date, so I'm in the dark here...

Oh, I'm waiting for a maxed out 12" SD (40gig though, but saying 'maxed out' makes me feel good. )

chrstopher
Feb 11, 2003, 03:00 PM

well, mine should have come today... but it did not. and heres why

11FEB03 18:51 FREIGHT NOT DELIVERED 18 DELAYED DELIVERY/OTHER DUE TO RTA ON DRIVERS ROUTE Mail SEVO

Hozie
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2003, 03:01 PM

Blah, nothing like knowing it's sitting on a truck while the delivery guy is watching TV while you wait through excruciating torment for your baby to arrive.

chrstopher
Feb 11, 2003, 03:20 PM

what is it they say, pain is so close to pleasure...

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 04:18 PM

Beth,

Thanks. Given all the problems people seem to be having I almost want to call Apple up and see if they can't tell me more. You asked where I'm at, I go to school at the University of Chicago.. Hyde Park. I'm originally from California. One of my roommates is from Batavia though, and I have been out there quite a bit, so I know your area well.

-mikey

Umerica
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2003, 04:27 PM

Just heard that my own 12" maxed out powerbook shipped today. And yes, FedEx has a crapped out number as well.

Ordered 1/16, told I will receive 2/14, learned it shipped 2/11.

I am in Lakeview for the Chicago peeps up here.

Also, this is my first post on MacNN. Woo. Hoo.

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 04:28 PM

Frustrating.. Called Apple and supposedly my order underwent a "fraud review" because my billing and shipping addresses and phone numbers are different.. The guy said that could potentially be why others who ordered after me have received some shipment notifications and I have not.. *sigh* We shall wait and see.

-mikey

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 04:35 PM

Mike -- So sorry about yours being held up. I'd be gnashing my teeth!

I called Apple again, and apparently Fed Ex sent Apple a whole slew of bad tracking numbers. I might have an updated one tomorrow afternoon. I pointed out I wanted to watch it travel across the world. So much for what I want...

That said, I'm going to call Fed Ex itself in a bit to see if I can get a better number!

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 05:57 PM

Yeah, I called Apple and they said my tracking number was recycled too. I'll have to wait until they scan it to get updated tracking info. It's shipping from Taiwan today, so I�ll probably get it next week considering it has to clear customs..

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 09:18 PM

Rivak, did you do two-day shipping? I bugged Fed Ex twice (I'm really irked by the bad numbers, too) -- and supposedly I'm to get mine Friday. Damn. I thought it would be thursday!

But I ponied up for two-day shipping; I knew that I would not be able to stand it, once I got shipping confirmation.

Beth

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 09:39 PM

Yeah I got the 2-day shipping. I've never dealt with FedEx customs in this country, but when I�ve shipped to other countries (France, England, Germany, Australia, etc.) I've never seen a package clear customs in under 2 days -- but I don�t know what it�s like for the US so..

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 10:58 PM

Argh, I just can't wait.. Hey Rivak where are you in NorCal? I'm from Los Altos. In Chicago for the school year but I'll actually be back for a long weekend this weekend.

-mikey

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 11:57 PM

Mikey - I am in Napa. Never been to Los Altos � but I�ve driven by on the way to / from San Jose..

Upon further investigation (boredom) I have realized that the tracking number on the apple site, and the tracking number in the Apple Invoice email are different! The one on the apple site is the recycled FedEx number. And the one in the email seems to be the correct number (shows the package shipping on the 11th instead of the 28th). The tracking number in my Shipment Notification email is the same as the one on the website (the wrong one). So everyone with a recycled tracking number, check your Invoice Receipt email for a different (and hopefully correct) one. It�s halfway down the page under the "Questions? Call (800) 676-2775 Mon-Fri 7am-9pm, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm CT" line.

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 12:36 AM

I have only received a SHIPMENT NOTIFICATION ... and not yet an INVOICE like you. How long after your shipment notice did you get your invoice?

Still no tracking information for the FedEx number in my Shipping Notice/Order Status site.

Also, should we all expect delivery on Friday for orders shipped today (02/11)??? I was really hoping for Thursday with my 2-day delievery- but it does sound too quick.

Hopefully tomorrow AM, 24 hours after our notifications were sent, we will all have proper tracking information.

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 12:50 AM

I got the shipment notification email this morning at 7:00 am pacific. The invoice receipt came today at 4:30 pm. I don�t know if this is normal, but I would assume you�d get both emails on the same day since they bill you after it ships. I paid with a credit card, but I don�t know if that makes any difference.

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2003, 02:42 AM

Ordered my BTO on 1-21-03 (60GB and AE). Order was "OPEN" until yesterday morning when it surprisingly said "SHIPPED". Cool! So I proceed to click on the FedEx link only to find that it says the shipment was delivered on 1-31-03...to a San Diego address. (I'm in Chicago.) Ahhh, no. Called Apple and they confirmed the tracking number was wrong, but DID confirm that my 12" had shipped and will arrive this Friday.

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 02:50 AM

Finally got my tracking number to report something ...

Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW
02/12/2003 13:43
_
Since they are 13 hours ahead of me (I am in Florida) that means they just received it in my time. I am hoping that my two day delivery means I will get it on Thursday, but something tells me Friday is more the case.

Anyone have their tracking information as well? Any ideas on expected delivery date?

n_lim
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 09:21 AM

I wish I would have paid extra for the two-day as I don't think I will even get mine this week.

Current location:

Delivered/INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/04/2003 10:22

I just got my official shipping notice this morning so I was glad to find out it wasn't in Taiwan still. Hopefully it will get to Syracuse this week, but maybe better it doesn't since this is valentine's weekend and my girlfriend probably wouldn't appreciate me being on the computer even more than I already am.

Strange that some people get shipping notices when the product is just leaving Taiwan and according to my fedex tracking, my 12" has been in the US since the 2/1, but I didn't get an official notice til this morning.

n_lim
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 09:24 AM

I just realized (duh!) what today's date is. What the hell has it been doing in Indiana for so long? I know that is their distribution hub, but hopefully fedex website is just very delayed and there is a chance I will see the 12" this week!

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 10:32 AM

Yay! Mine shipped as well. Also have a recycled tracking number, and I'm waiting for an email so I can actually track it. But I highly doubt it will get here by tomorrow, which is when I leave for my long weekend trip, so I guess it will wait till I get back. Why couldn't it have come one day sooner!! Anyway, I am totally thrilled that it shipped!

-mikey

j0nkatz
Feb 12, 2003, 10:34 AM

When did you order?

I ordered on 1-30 and am still not showing that it shipped.

Hozie
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2003, 10:49 AM

When did you order?

I ordered on 1-30 and am still not showing that it shipped.
I predict that if you wait two more days you'll receive a shipping notice. It seems that the shipping time is now almost precisely 2 weeks from the date of ordering...

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 10:50 AM

I ordered 1/27, so yeah, I would bet you will see yours shipped either the end of this week or the beginning of next.

-mikey

Umerica
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2003, 10:53 AM

I ordered the maxed out 12" on 1/16. And just received shipping notice on the 11th. That's nearly 4 WEEKS from ordering. So I don't think that it's a two-weeks-from-order-date thing. I have a feeling they are sending them out in batches, which is why the whole lot goes to Indiana first, then out to us each individually. That's why so many of us received notice that they shipped on the 11th. My order date must have been just barely too late and slipped into this second batch of shipments.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 10:57 AM

Rivak -- You are so right about the invoice and the different invoice/tracking numbers. Anyone with bad numbers, check your invoice (mine arrived in an e-mail about 12 hours after the status page was showing that my PB had shipped.)

Anyone who's looking at tracking info that your package is Indianapolis; YOU HAVE FAULTY NUMBERS. And Fed Ex is being less than nice about giving out updated numbers and information.

It looks like mine missed the cutoff for delivery yesterday. Sigh. Fed Ex is saying delivery on Friday. I was really hoping for Thursday.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 10:59 AM

Umerica -- I think you had the 4-week time frame because you were in the earlier bunch of orders. It does seem that they're hitting a groove, and getting them out the door in 2 weeks or a bit more. I ordered on a Saturday night and got shipment confirmation not quite 2 1/2 weeks later. But I had the weekend in there, which probably affected things.

But they're on the way!

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 11:04 AM

Yeah, I got my shipment notification email just now, but that is not my invoice, so I guess I have to wait for that to see where my AlBook *really* is. In any event I guess I shouldn't stress because I really don't think I'm getting it before I leave town Thursday night.

-mikey

Forum Links
Forum Rules