Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" Powerbook G4 (official waiting list)

12" Powerbook G4 (official waiting list) (Page 7)
kakashi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2003, 03:04 AM

Originally posted by mattsledge:
i ordered my 12" with the basic package (except getting the Superdrive instead) on january 31st. estimated shipping is "on or before" march 3rd.

yowza! i can't wait that long.
Yeah..I ordered February 2nd and I have an expected ship date of on or before March 4th...talk about painful! Although, I hadn't been so impatient until I saw one in person at CompUSA the other day. What an awesome notebook. I can't wait!

GlobalNomad
Senior User
Feb 11, 2003, 03:07 AM

My computer is comming on Friday (Thursday for ppl located in good old US of A).

I am excited (inside Aussie joke)

w00t!

Now to get a large supply of coke to drink while i use my powerbook.

gets parent's to give him keys to car to go 'war chalking' (war driving)

BTO
640 mb
60 GB
Airport Extreme + AE base station

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 10:20 AM

Global -- when did you order yours? I'm trying to track the time b/n order and shipment notice...

Thanks.

kakashi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2003, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by bbales:
Global -- when did you order yours? I'm trying to track the time b/n order and shipment notice...

Thanks.
Let us know on the results you find. I'm interested in this as well. I figured that orders would be getting shipped out sooner and sooner...doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well, I'll keep on waiting!

chrstopher
Feb 11, 2003, 10:30 AM

Mine is coming today!! even set up a webcam so I can see when the delivery guy gets to the house!!

Click!

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 10:37 AM

OK, I messed up in my excitement.

In any case, mine shipped about an hour ago.

I ordered mine (maxed out, with 60 GB hard drive and Airport Extreme Card, etc., on Jan. 25 -- at night. In my calls, Apple had said between Feb. 11 and Feb. 25, so they were definitely on the early end of the scale.

There's someone else on the forums who ordered his/hers the same date, so maybe that person's just shipped too.

Now I just have to wait... Fed Ex "recycled" my tracking number, so it's not even accurate, but when I called Apple, the woman said it's still in Taiwan.

mattsledge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2003, 05:18 PM

i called apple earlier today in regards to a question about my order, and I asked when the window was for it to be shipped (i ordered 1/31). she said any time between 2/11-2/25, so take that however you may.

looking at recent patterns, i should be getting mine sometime next week... hopefully.

n_lim
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 08:01 PM

Woohooo!!! Just got off the line with apple since so many people on these boards have gotten shipping notices lately. Before I could ask what my shipping window was the rep told me that it was already in the process of shipping!

Ordered maxed out 12" on 1/23. My order status was not showing any change, so for all of you who ordered around this time, it may be worth a call to apple to find out the status as the status page is not so accurate.

I can't wait!

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 09:15 PM

I am so frustrated with Fed Ex, though! I've called twice; the first time this woman VERY SNOTTILY told me that there was nothing wrong with my number and that she had the tracking information and my package is due to be delivered Friday. I pointed out that tracking information is pretty useless if it shows a package already delievered 3 weeks ago to a different state. She told me if I called Fed Ex I could get the RIGHT information, b/c they have it. Defeats the purpose, I pointed out again. She was not nice.

I called again tonight -- my computer is still in Taiwan. My number is recycled and the woman had no idea when the correct information would be available to me, on my computer. What a stupid mistake. Taking all the fun out of waiting!

beth

GlobalNomad
Senior User
Feb 11, 2003, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by bbales:

Thanks.
Jan 17

mattsledge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2003, 08:06 PM

while i was calling apple inquiring about another order, i asked the guy to check up on my powerbook order. while he was telling me the "window time" for shipping, the actual shipping order literally came in for my order! i'll be getting the confirmation email later tonight, he said as well.

he told me it'll look like saturday or tuesday for delivery to me - which raises the question: does fedex ship on saturdays and holidays, since monday is presidents day? inquiring minds want to know!

(and to refresh your noggins, i ordered the standard 'book with the superdrive on 1/31)

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 08:21 PM

FedEx Express will deliver on Saturdays if the package has that service on it. It is possible to change the service type of a package to a Saturday delivery while in transit, but I don�t know if Apple does that.. FedEx Ground (and FedEx Home Delivery I think) delivers on Saturdays no matter what.

As for FedEx working on holidays... I work for a shipping company and our primary carrier is FedEx. We only get days off when FedEx does, and I can assure you those days are few and far between. For 2003 FedEx will not make deliveries on New Years Day, May 26th (Memorial day), July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

mattsledge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2003, 08:24 PM

thanks, Rivak!

i got the two-day shipping, so we'll see what happens.

mattsledge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2003, 03:46 AM

okay, i just got the shipping notification and the FedEx number is "recycled", as the case has been.

so i guess i'll have to be patient enough until morning hits and everything comes up correct.

elmer
Feb 13, 2003, 11:43 AM

I ordered a 12-inch with 640MB and the Office v.X promo.
Office and the powerbook are shown as two items on the order.
I have the order set to "ship when all items are available".
A few days ago the status changed from Open to Partially Shipped - the PowerBook was marked as shipped (parcel/ground - not FedEX so no tracking number). No email was sent. Now the status has gone back to open.
I wonder if the PB was shipped to where the Office CD is. Weird.

Forum Links
Forum Rules