Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Who has most recently received their 12"? When will I get mine!

Who has most recently received their 12"? When will I get mine! (Page 2)
jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 01:02 PM

Update tracking ... BTW I ordered 01/27 and got shipment notification from Apple 02/11.

Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW
02/12/2003 20:04
_
Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW
02/12/2003 13:43
_
Left FedEx Origin Location/TAOYUAN CITY TW
02/12/2003 12:00
_
Picked up by FedEx/TAOYUAN CITY TW
02/12/2003 11:00

So at 7am this morning EST it left Taiwan. The expected delivery date it Friday by 10:30am. Usually two-day services can be delivered as late as 3pm or 4pm but it says 10:30am. I was hoping this Friday date meant Taiwan time which would be late Thursday night for us but I doubt it.

I too am leaving Thursday night, or I am suppose to. I can't see not being here to get it after all the agony I went through getting one and now waiting for one.

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2003, 01:52 PM

Cool, mine shipped this morning with an ETA of Friday.

However, it looks like my tracking number was recycled as well since the FedEx tracking page shows someone else's delivery. Apple says that FedEx is aware of this problem and is trying to correct it. I am wondering if my tracking number will change? They said that the shipping process is the same as usual with no delays and that they'd email me a new tracking number if they need to change it even thought the package in route.

My BTO MiniBook was ordered on 1/31 with an estimated ship date of 2/28, so they are definitely ahead!

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by StiZeven:
Don't be suprised if you do not get it until Monday. Mine supposedly shipped yesterday, but really didn't start moving around until today. If in fact you would get yours on Friday, then there is a good chance mine would come Thursday! Let's hope so ... but like I said, probably not!

Hozie
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2003, 02:38 PM

My BTO MiniBook was ordered on 1/31 with an estimated ship date of 2/28, so they are definitely ahead!
That's great, 12 days ain't that bad! They started building mine (BTO SD + max RAM) 2/5, so I'm expecting it to ship 2/19, although 2/17 would be even better!!

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2003, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by jtwiskowski:
Don't be suprised if you do not get it until Monday. Mine supposedly shipped yesterday, but really didn't start moving around until today. If in fact you would get yours on Friday, then there is a good chance mine would come Thursday! Let's hope so ... but like I said, probably not!
Yes, I am definitely not keeping my hopes up. Even though the last 3 purchases from Apple took exactly 2 days to ship from Taiwan using the same carrier, I will leave some room for error. However, FedEx overnight from Taiwan to NY is usually 2 business days or less. We shall see!

n_lim
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 09:03 PM

Holy Sh!t Fedex blows. I did have a recycled tracking number. Got my invoice:

Arrived at FedEx Ramp/TA YUAN HSIANG TW 02/12/2003 18:52
Left FedEx Origin Location/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/12/2003 15:20
Pickup status/TAOYUAN CITY TW 02/12/2003 14:50 Package received after FedEx cutoff time

Looks like I won't be getting this until next week. And I missed the cutoff.

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by n_lim:
Package received after FedEx cutoff time

Looks like I won't be getting this until next week. And I missed the cutoff. [/B]
Man, that is bad ... I am really sorry to hear that, I thought Friday was a crummy deal for me ... only because I had plans to leave town Thursday night. I considered leaving, but now got out of it ... I want to be here in person to get this baby ASAP.

Unfortunately, I have still not obtained an AirPort Extreme Base Station ... but hopefully will soon.

Good luck, and I will let you know when I get more tracking information so we know what the next step is in the process. (Some say deliveries have been known to be made on Saturdays as well).

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 10:28 PM

If you use the tracking number in your invoice (although even THAT is duplicated!), you'll get pretty detailed information. Mine left Taiwan about 8 p.m. the 12th -- which was really yesterday here...

Anyway, about 8 p.m. tonight, it finally showed up on the Fed Ex site that mine was in Anchorage, Alaska at 12:14 p.m. I'm not sure of the time difference b/n Anchorage and Chicago -- but I'm still scheduled for Friday. I'm still hoping, though, for thursday...

Beth

Good luck all! But whoever has the shipping time of leaving Taiwan on teh 12th -- I think that's the same pretty much as mine. You might get yours on Friday, too.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 10:29 PM

Just checked. Anchorage is 3 hours behind us -- so it just got there about 5 hours ago. Well, it STILL could get here, don't you think???

My base station got here in two days -- and I didn't even pay for it. I was shipping ground...

Beth

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 10:35 PM

bbales - what does your Delivery Location say? Mine says Indianapolis, and I live on the west coast. hmmm... My Estimated Delivery Date is 2/14 though, so I'm guessing it goes from Alaska to Indianapolis tonight, and then tomorrow it goes from there to your local hub (mine is either Oakland or Pacheco), so it can be delivered by truck on Friday.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works..

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by Rivak:
bbales - what does your Delivery Location say? Mine says Indianapolis, and I live on the west coast. hmmm... My Estimated Delivery Date is 2/14 though, so I'm guessing it goes from Alaska to Indianapolis tonight, and then tomorrow it goes from there to your local hub (mine is either Oakland or Pacheco), so it can be delivered by truck on Friday.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works..
Well if this is true, maybe I will get it Thursday because my delivery destination is ORLANDO and that is exactly where I live. I wonder why yours would go to Indianapolis, or at least why that would be listed as your Delivery Location ... hmm ... but in any event it still say delivery on 02/14 but I am hoping that is Taiwan time!

We will see!

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 11:06 PM

Hmmm, that is weird... Now I'm starting to wonder why mine says Indianapolis. Maybe I should call Apple... Does anyone else's say Indianapolis for their Delivery Location?

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 11:07 PM

My delivery location says Indianapolis -- and that's where my base station went, too -- and from there to O'hare, then to the local station and then here -- all in 9 hours! I will say, though that my last Fed Ex jaunt did NOT include Anchorage -- so that could well severely impact this journey. I'm supposedly supposed to get it no later than Friday, though.

On the up saide, I talked to Fed Ex, trying to make sense of the duplicate numbers (which I think might be Apple's doing, not Fed Ex's) -- and the extremely pleasant person I talked to a while ago said I MIGHT get it Thursday.

So there's hope.

I tell you, I'm pathetic. I've never been like this over a shipment of anything in my life.
Beth

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2003, 11:11 PM

Well unfortunately I still can't track mine since the tracking number Apple gave me still belongs to someone else's package (which was delivered 3 days ago). Anyway, if you chose the 'express service' option then it should arrive in 2 business days or less from the ship date. If you didn't, then it should take 2-5 business days. This has been consistent with all my Apple BTO orders. Also, I believe all of the shipments from Taiwan go to Alaska then Indianapolis first to go through customs before they are distributed to the destination state.

Will my tracking number ever show my actual package? Talk about a tease!

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 11:15 PM

Apple says the two days starts when the package hits the states, not from when it leaves the factory/center/whatever. Darn.

And -- I don't know when yours shipped, but about 12 hours after it showed "shipped" status online, I got an email with an invoice AND a new Fed Ex number (I think it's called the waybill number.) And that's what I've been using to track the package today.

My original stuff online STILL shows the already-delivered package. I think that's pretty stupid on either Apple or Fed Ex's part.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 11:18 PM

whoo hooo! Just checked again. My package left Anchorage about 2:30 p.m. -- 5:30 p.m. my time, in Chicago. Hmmm. I have absolutely no idea how long it takes to fly from Anchorage to Indianapolis. So it might still be Friday. But at least it's in the U.S.!

Beth

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 11:19 PM

bbales - I know what you mean about being pathetic! I get people calling me all day at work wondering where their shipment is and why it hasn�t gotten to them yet and blah blah blah. And now I�m doing the exact same thing! Well not really � I know why my shipment is taking so long and I�m smart enough to use fedex.com.. but seriously, I get people that call that are totally freaked out because they have no idea how shipping things works. People still don�t believe that if you ship something UPS ground from California to Illinois, it goes on a train for 90% of its journey and takes up to 10 days to get there..

Glad to know the Indianapolis thing isn�t something to worry about.

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 11:21 PM

bbales � I bet our PowerBooks are on the same plane, cause my tracking info is the same! Yay

[edit: actually come to think of it, I wonder what percentage of that plane is Apple product.. hmmm]

Nawoo
Feb 12, 2003, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by bbales:
whoo hooo! Just checked again. My package left Anchorage about 2:30 p.m. -- 5:30 p.m. my time, in Chicago. Hmmm. I have absolutely no idea how long it takes to fly from Anchorage to Indianapolis. So it might still be Friday. But at least it's in the U.S.!

Beth
wow u mean Apple keeps all its hardware in Alaska?
does it have a factory there?

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 11:35 PM

Nawoo, no, products make a stop in Anchorage, AK on their way from Taiwan to the 48 states.

-mikey
15" TiBook RIP :(
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

Nawoo
Feb 12, 2003, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by mikeylebeau:
Nawoo, no, products make a stop in Anchorage, AK on their way from Taiwan to the 48 states.

-mikey
then why did Bbales's package leave anchorage for indianapolis?

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2003, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by bbales:
Apple says the two days starts when the package hits the states, not from when it leaves the factory/center/whatever. Darn.

And -- I don't know when yours shipped, but about 12 hours after it showed "shipped" status online, I got an email with an invoice AND a new Fed Ex number (I think it's called the waybill number.) And that's what I've been using to track the package today.

My original stuff online STILL shows the already-delivered package. I think that's pretty stupid on either Apple or Fed Ex's part.
The thing is, I got the 'Shipment Notification' email 9:30am this morning and it has the same exact tracking number as Apple's Order Status site (which as I mentioned is pointing to someone else's package). So do you think I'll get another 'Shipment Notification' email from Apple with a new number at this point? I've already received the invoice email this morning as well. By the way, the words 'Way Bill' is no where on the emails. It just states tracking number. I am wondering who is screwing up here, Apple or FedEx?!

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by Nawoo:
then why did Bbales's package leave anchorage for indianapolis?
Because it goes like this:

Taiwan -> Anchorage -> Indianapolis -> Geneva, IL (in her case)

-mikey
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 12:06 AM

StiZeven - the correct tracking number should be in your Invoice Notification email under this line:

Salesperson Contact Entry Date Ship Date Routing Waybill Number

At least, that's where mine was...

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2003, 12:14 AM

Oh my god, I believe I am loosing it! Yes, you're right - it was there in my Apple Invoice eMail! I guess I looked at too many numbers today and completely overlooked that. Thanks so much for pointing that out (unfortunately it took me two posts to realize it). Now that I have the proper number, I can now see the correct status of the shipment. It's at the Taiwan Airport at the moment, hopefully it can get to the US by tomorrow evening, then overnighted to NY by Friday. I guess I am pushing it though. If I don't get it by Friday, I'll have to wait through the long weekend since I don�t' think FedEx delivers on President's Day! Wow, that would be torture and a waste of valuable play time which I will not have on Tuesday!

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 12:21 AM

Here's what I posted earlier today in the 'official waiting list' thread regarding FedEx Saturday deliveries and holidays:

FedEx Express will deliver on Saturdays if the package has that service on it. It is possible to change the service type of a package to a Saturday delivery while in transit, but I don�t know if Apple does that.. FedEx Ground (and FedEx Home Delivery I think) delivers on Saturdays no matter what.

As for FedEx working on holidays... I work for a shipping company and our primary carrier is FedEx. We only get days off when FedEx does, and I can assure you those days are few and far between. For 2003 FedEx will not make deliveries on New Years Day, May 26th (Memorial day), July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 02:07 AM

Latest update from FedEx ...

Left FedEx Sort Facility/ANCHORAGE AK
02/12/2003 14:36

That is 6:36pm our time, and unlike others mine is listed to be delivered directly to Orlando and not Indianapolis. I am hoping that I will get it tomorrow more thn anything ... in theroy if it is going straight to Orlando I should have. OR it is going to Indianapolis with the rest of yours, and thne on to me.

Anyone else have a destination that is really their city/hub?

I hope WE all get our new 'Books tomorrow ... if not, we will be tracking them together again all day tomorrow! Amazing how many shipped in a mater of two or three days! I also hope ours are free of the unfortunate issues many others have had!

mattsledge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2003, 02:15 AM

Originally posted by jtwiskowski:
Anyone else have a destination that is really their city/hub?
i'm actually about an hour and a half away from Indianapolis, so when my order finally does ship (i've been told by apple i'll get the shipping notice in the morning) i'll have a good idea when it'll show.

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 02:17 AM

Yep, we�re all in the same boat it seems (or rather, our PowerBooks are in the same plane)... I�m not really sure what the whole Indianapolis thing is about, but I guess only time will tell us if it means a delay in shipping. I�m going to give my friends at FedEx a call tomorrow and see if they can tell me more than a regular 'customer service agent' can.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2003, 08:40 AM

Hi all -- I'm in Indianapolis (well, my PB is.)

It got there at 1 a.m. and nothing else was posted. SO i'm not sure it made it to Chicago for today's deliver. Sigh.

Hope all you others whose PBs were on the same plane get yours today!!! But if not, probably tomorrow. That's still before the weekend.

Glad to see some of you others have enough notification to go on now. It's much more fun to track the package, even if it does promote obsessive-compulsive behavior.

Last time (base station) mine came to me the same day it got to Indianapolis, which obivously must be a Fed Ex hub city. Hmmm, you'd think it would be Chicago!
Beth

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2003, 10:03 AM

My REAL tracking number (the one on my order page) is finally working -- and my computer is only 10 or 12 miles away! It arrived in the distribution facility about an hour ago. Hmmm -- doesn't say it's on the truck for delivery though. If it doesn't get there -- I'm going to call to see if I can go pick it up!!

Read another post that says shpping time on the order page is now 1-2 days. Sigh. This is what we get for ordering so soon after the keynote. I did wait, though, until after the stores had them so I could go visit the PB in person. As a friend kept saying, don't plunk down 2 grand for something you haven't even seen.
Hope you all are faring as well!

Rivak -- what's your status?

kakashi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2003, 10:20 AM

Woo, my bto 12.1/640MB/60GB/combo just shipped! I ordered on 02/02. The tracking number on their website doesn't work yet, and I havn't gotten an email. Hopefully both will happen soon! I'm so excited!

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2003, 10:44 AM

Just checked Fed Ex again -- AND MINE IS ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY!!A Whoo hoo!

Sure hope it's the 10 a.m. delivery and not the 2'ish one.

And here's hoping that ALL of you whose PBs were on the same plane as mine get yours today. Probably just as well I have to go to my daughter's grade school for a bit -- I'd be jumping out of my skin otherwise!

beth

StiZeven
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2003, 10:53 AM

Damn! I just noticed that the 'Estimated Delivery Date' on the FedEx tracking page is 02/17/2003. That's an awfully long time for expedited service! All my past BTO deliveries have only taken 2 days.

arnette
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 11:07 AM

I think I need a lesson in FedEX tracking. Does Apple send you the shipping notification when it leaves the factory in Taiwan or when it's sent off from the distrubution center here in the states?

My tracking number says my powerbook has been sitting in Indianapolis since 1/31 so I'm guessing that I still have one of the recycled numbers and that I'm staring at someone elses order. But if that were true, wouldn't the tracking information go all the way to the final delivery and not just end at the Indianapolis location?

I'm so fu-bared with confusion. Calgone, take me away!

no, no... wait. I figured it out. I DEFINITELY have somebody's crazy, screwy old info. Not my powerbook, but someone elses Apple order went Taiwan->Alaska->Indianapolis->Boston->Medford-> back to Indianapolis for final delivery which was on 1/31. Got it.. so absolutely none of the information that's on my fed ex tracking page belongs to me.
Dammit! I chose regular shipping and it was emailed to me that on 2/11 my future powerbook began its journey to Texas. Any guesses on when I'll see the lil' sucker?

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 11:09 AM

Darn, Beth, you lucky dog! I really wanted mine to come today so that I could take it on my trip, although I guess I knew that wasn't reasonable given it seems to have shipped yesterday (I was just hoping I had received delayed shipping notification.. ).. My package still says "Left FedEx Ramp/C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW" at 02/13/2003, 20:09.. Damn. So I guess I will have to wait till I return. Although at the speed yours got here it looks like mine will probably arrive in Chicago tomorrow. Hope my roommates are here to pick it up! If not, and it isn't delivered by Monday, that's okay. Gives me somewhere to race in the car as soon as I get back to IL on Monday evening.

-mikey

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by arnette:
I think I need a lesson in FedEX tracking. Does Apple send you the shipping notification when it leaves the factory in Taiwan or when it's sent off from the distrubution center here in the states?

My tracking number says my powerbook has been sitting in Indianapolis since 1/31 so I'm guessing that I still have one of the recycled numbers and that I'm staring at someone elses order. But if that were true, wouldn't the tracking information go all the way to the final delivery and not just end at the Indianapolis location?

I'm so fu-bared with confusion. Calgone, take me away!
Don't try to understand the recycled numbers; just realize it's not your package. Wait until you receive your invoice via email and check the waybill number in there.. That will be your correct tracking number. Good luck!

-mikey

arnette
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by mikeylebeau:
Wait until you receive your invoice via email and check the waybill number in there.. That will be your correct tracking number. Good luck!

-mikey
yeah.. i just had an epiphany about the whole thing. when does that invoice w/ waybill number email show up?

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 11:16 AM

yeah.. i just had an epiphany about the whole thing. when does that invoice w/ waybill number email show up?
It should show up around 12 hours after your shipment notification email.

-mikey

arnette
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 11:25 AM

It should show up around 12 hours after your shipment notification email.

-mikey

Hmm... yeah... that didn't happen. Interesting. It's been about 48 hours since my original shipment notification email. Some dock worker has my powerbook!! Thief!!

I'm not too too worried, but I would like to know where the heck I stand on getting it. I wanna make sure I have some quiet time, light some candles, play soft music when it gets here.

mikeylebeau  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 11:30 AM

Hmm... yeah... that didn't happen. Interesting. It's been about 48 hours since my original shipment notification email. Some dock worker has my powerbook!! Thief!!

I'm not too too worried, but I would like to know where the heck I stand on getting it. I wanna make sure I have some quiet time, light some candles, play soft music when it gets here.
I would recommend calling Apple and demanding they tell you what's up. That's pretty bad.

-mikey

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2003, 12:14 PM

Oh no!!!!! I wasn't home and they took my Power Book away!!! Missed them by 10 minutes. Had I known they wouldn't leave it I would have left my daughter's school earlier.

They put in a "re-delivery attempt" request, but no guarantees. I am so sad...

Beth

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 12:17 PM

Oh no! that's my worst fear! Good thing mine's going to be sent to my second home (work). I'm going to call FedEx now and see what's up, since the package hasn't moved from Indianapolis.

dream1mac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2003, 12:47 PM

Put the order in for a 12"/Superdrive/60Gig/airportE on the 7th of Feb and its being shiped today the 13th .. I am so excited... Thats under a week.

bbales
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2003, 01:01 PM

Rivak -- home is work for me. And what's even worse, today is the first day in 3 weeks SOMEONE hasn't been home, since my kids have been sequentially ill. Not sure if Fed Ex would let a kid sign, though! I really thought they'd just leave it, since that's what they usually do. And I knew I'd be home right after 10. Missed them by 10 minutes. I even tried to get it switched to my husband's office, but was unable to do so.

Sigh, sigh, sigh. You know -- mine said Indianapolis for quite some time, until all of a sudden it showed Chicago. The other thing is -- try your ORIGINAL number now. My waybill number htis a.m. showed Indianpolis, while the original number showed it had moved.

And good luck.

Umerica
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2003, 01:10 PM

Just got mine. Maxed out, ordered 1/16.

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 01:13 PM

Yeah I called my buddies at FedEx and they said that the package was waiting for �the paperwork to clear� at ATL E-Lite Group (whatever that is) and then it will be on its way. My original tracking number still shows the old info. Good thing I�m busy at work, or else I�d be going crazy !!

Hozie
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2003, 01:40 PM

Yeeehaaaw! Mine has just shipped! It's gotta come to Belgium (through Luxembourg) so I guess it'll be here around Monday-Tuesday! w00t!

jtwiskowski
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 02:30 PM

I called FedEx ...

Mine got to Indianapolis at 2:00am EST this morning. It has cleared customs and will be sent down to Orlando tonight and then to me by 10:30am tomorrow.

I asked if there was a chance it would be in to Orlando early enough for me to pickup tonight ... unfortunately this is not possible as it probably won't be here until late tonight/earlier tomorrow.

I guess we will at be posting soon from our new 'Books ... sorry for the one who missed delivery ... OOUCH!

Rivak
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 02:38 PM

I just checked the tracking for my original tracking number (the one on the Apple site) and it�s updated! Even better, my PowerBook is out for delivery!!

So for those of you with the two tracking numbers. If the second tracking number (the one on your Invoice Notification email) has a delivery location of Indianapolis, once it gets there and leaves, the package reverts to the original tracking number (the one on the Apple site).

Forum Links
Forum Rules