Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help, I've lost my Finder

Help, I've lost my Finder
slider
Mac Elite
May 26, 2004, 07:03 PM

I upgraded to 10.3.4 and while is was optimizing I was installing fresh batteries into my BT mouse. I have a 15" PowerBook BTW. Finder does not launch now and I can not get it to launch or launch it in a round about way, ie "show contents". The Finder icon is in the dock, but all I get when I press and hold it is "Finder Not Running". I down loaded the update and ran it again hoping it would remedy the situation, but all for not. I can right click on the HD in Dock and access everything, I just can't get anything to open in a finder window. any suggestion, like deleting a particular preference file? It seems mail and iCal won't launch either. Oh, and I have no app running I have no menu bar either. My first thought was to reinstalled panther from scratch, but I can't seem to locate my disks.

Help? anyone?

slider  (op)
Mac Elite
May 26, 2004, 07:47 PM

tried repairing permissions, Nothing.

Tried running the "open Documents folder"script, script manager opened, but when i tried to run the script I got a message "The Disk Finder could not be found", trippy huh.

Also: I just restarted and got a "safe Boot" message in the startup window. Where have I seen that before?

Forum Links
Forum Rules