Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mac controled car audio.

Mac controled car audio.
MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
May 22, 2006, 12:40 AM

i am in iraq at the moment but I want to put together and awesome system when i get home and i want the whole thing to be controled by a new mac mini. are there any smll touchscreen monitors that i could use or are there any articals that anyone know of with anyone trying to do this. if i must i will wing it when i get back but any links or sugestions would be great thanks. sorry for the spelling not a lot of time.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2006, 02:05 PM

I would take a look at some of Pioneer's units. They have some that are a nav system with a video aux for using Mac minis and other stuff.

El Gato
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2006, 03:10 PM

Here's some links to articles of completed installations:

Installing a Man Mini in Your Car
1998 MacJeep Limited
GTi Mac Mini <-- This is the best one, he has several posts that walk you through his entire installation

badnewsblair
Senior User
May 26, 2006, 10:18 AM

Love it! I might (hopefully MIGHT) be in the market for one of the new GTI mk5s. I would love to put a mini in it!

I wonder about operating conditions. It gets super hot in my car on the typical summer day and very cold on a winter night. How do you think this affects the computer and the screen?
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules