Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Who welcomes World War III ?

View Poll Results: Do you welcome World War III
Poll Options:
YES - It is time to destroy the Islamofascists 23 votes (54.76%)
NO - I believe in peace with the Islamofascists 19 votes (45.24%)
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Who welcomes World War III ? (Page 6)
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 04:19 PM

You know, I think the root cause of Windows viruses are Windows users. I think we should therefore stop all Windows users from using computers, because they are all virus supporters.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
You do realize that for a world war to happen you need the entire world to participate in it.
World wars start with 2 and grow into world wars. The key players in WW3 will be the US and China. Obious on the US side will be Canada, Most of Europe while on Chinas side will be most of Asia and maybe the Middle East.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2006, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Their pedophile prophet was a terrorist. Thus, every muslim is a terrorist supporter.
You are a tiresome twit. [clicks ignore]

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Athens
World wars start with 2 and grow into world wars. The key players in WW3 will be the US and China. Obious on the US side will be Canada, Most of Europe while on Chinas side will be most of Asia and maybe the Middle East.

Don't forget Poland!

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 04:40 PM

Here is another case of an extremely small, almost non-existant, microscopic minority of terrorist Muslims.

ALMOST a quarter of British Muslims say the 7/7 bombings can be justified because of the Government’s support for the war on terror, according to an opinion poll.

And nearly half of those polled, or 45 per cent, believe the 9/11 attacks on New York were a conspiracy between the United States and Israel

A third of those questioned said they would rather live under Sharia law in the UK than British law.

These people are evil and deranged and the UK has a huge problem on their hands. Europe should begin mass deportations of all Muslims who subscribe to terrorist ideas.

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1145782006

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 04:58 PM

Damn these fire ants!

PacHead, I'm coming to level your house in an effort to rid the world of these fascist bugs. If you don't leave, that's your problem.

Just a heads up... if we go into WWIII, the USA isn't entirely safe. Watching TV doesn't make you an expert on the amount and severity of weapons other countries have. Innocent civilians get killed on both sides. The only reason you could care less about civilians dying in the Middle east is because I'm betting you've never had to face a rough situation in your own life. People like you just add more fuel to the terrorist hatred against the US. I'm sure people in the World Trade Center felt safe just as you do right now, and then wham.

Just get off your high horse and stop pretending like you're some sort of god.
( Last edited by jamil5454; Aug 8, 2006 at 05:08 PM. )

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
Here is another case of an extremely small, almost non-existant, microscopic minority of terrorist Muslims.

ALMOST a quarter of British Muslims say the 7/7 bombings can be justified because of the Government’s support for the war on terror, according to an opinion poll.

And nearly half of those polled, or 45 per cent, believe the 9/11 attacks on New York were a conspiracy between the United States and Israel

A third of those questioned said they would rather live under Sharia law in the UK than British law.

These people are evil and deranged and the UK has a huge problem on their hands. Europe should begin mass deportations of all Muslims who subscribe to terrorist ideas.

And here comes to most hilarious part:
The survey also reveals concerns among Muslims about Britain's moral standards, with 40 per cent saying it is a country of bad moral behaviour.
Uhhh Hello? A quarter supports terrorism and yet complain about Britain's having bad moral behaviour? Okidokiiii....

What is stopping these people from moving to sunny Yemen? No rain, nice beaches and Islamic law.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by jamil5454
Damn these fire ants!

PacHead, I'm coming to level your house in an effort to rid the world of these fascist bugs. If you don't leave, that's your problem.
Typical Liberal, comparing Muslim terrorist killers to ants. An ant is more worthy of living, but your attempt to equate the danger level posed by Muslim terrorist killers and ants is a joke, and it shows why nobody takes what any Liberal has to say seriously.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:05 PM

Our own polls reveal all sorts of retarded anomolies, such as people finding having children out of wedlock and premarital sex more morally acceptable than a (not necessarily sexual) homosexual relationship. People think strange things, this shouldn't be surprising, especially when you consider how strange your own inplausible and flawed theories seem to others, such as myself.

Still, even taking these numbers at face value, you're still cool with killing the majority to get to the minority? Ever heard of throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

The really odd thing here is that, yet again, I'm responding to your dimwitted, half-baked, intellectually lacking reasoning.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2006, 05:07 PM

Polls are bull hackery. (So says Penn and Teller.)

Basing your opinions about Muslims on polls makes your opinion bull -dependent.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by yakkiebah
And here comes to most hilarious part:

Uhhh Hello? A quarter supports terrorism and yet complain about Britain's having bad moral behaviour? Okidokiiii....

What is stopping these people from moving to sunny Yemen? No rain, nice beaches and Islamic law.
It kind of makes you wonder why those people mentioned in the poll left their wonderful countries to begin with. They're dragging the same sick ideas and garbage with them that exists in their miserable homelands and these people are infecting the western civilized world with their vile ideas and violent behavior.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna

I base my opinions on many things, including pictures and video of mass Muslim marches and protests in the UK and other places and reading the banners that these sick people and terrorists are holding.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:11 PM

The funny thing is that polls that show that Democrats are going to win the 2006 November elections are full of **** according to PacHead and Y3a, I'm sure, but these particular polls that reinforce their beliefs are cool....

Seems logical and reasonable to me.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:12 PM

Ah no, the root cause for some, a small % of the population to resort to violence. If it was Islam 1/3rd of the world population would be resorting to violence. Think you need to try again.
I'm betting you've never actually read the koran, have you Athens?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 05:14 PM

Typical Liberal, comparing Muslim terrorist killers to ants. An ant is more worthy of living, but your attempt to equate the danger level posed by Muslim terrorist killers and ants is a joke, and it shows why nobody takes what any Liberal has to say seriously.

I'm not Liberal, I'm conservative actually. I voted for Bush, I just don't agree with the policy regarding the Middle East.

And wow. Way to lump everyone against you into one big group. I guess this is simpler for you. It's much too hard to deal with many small groups of people in the world.

bu.. wait a secodn! thiose peopl have turbines! tehy are the middle eastrens! they ar teh enmities!

Yeah, you go for those simple groups.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:15 PM

Salty doesn't seem to acknowledge you as an authority on Christianity either, so maybe your knowledge of the Quaran is as deep as your knowledge of the Bible?

Just a possible hypothesis.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:16 PM

I'm not Liberal, I'm conservative actually. I voted for Bush, I just don't agree with the policy regarding the Middle East.

And wow. Way to lump everyone against you into one big group. I guess this is simpler for you. It's much too hard to deal with many small groups of people in the world.

bu.. wait a secodn! thiose peopl have turbines! tehy are the middle eastrens!

Yeah, you go for those simple groups.

turbines...

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 05:17 PM

bu.. wait a secodn! thiose peopl have turbines! tehy are the middle eastrens! they ar teh enmities!
If you say so.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:17 PM

[clicks ignore]
Finally! Thank the Lord. No more moron posting at me.

Still, illustrates how libs tend to ignore any facts which they find don't fit in with their utopian world-view.
islam threatening the World? Click ignore and trot off down to the park to look at the flowers.

What the ignorant fool doesn't understand is that this survey was carried out by Channel 4, one of the most pro-islam media channels in the UK. They're actually nicknamed "the voice of islam".

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 05:20 PM

islam threatening the World? Click ignore and trot off down to the park to look at the flowers.
Ants pose just as huge a problem, somebody just claimed that on this forum. Are these people for real ?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Salty doesn't seem to acknowledge you as an authority on Christianity either
Got news for ya. Salty doesn't acknowledge anyone but Salty as an authority on anything.

If you note he's also arguing the Romans gay issue with a theology professor. And strange how that theology professor agrees with me about the verses in question, no?

so maybe your knowledge of the Quaran is as deep as your knowledge of the Bible?

Just a possible hypothesis.
Well.. Don't believe me on it, go read it for yourself. Really, go do it.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 05:25 PM

Remember that according to this poll there is still a large part that is not supporting terror.
But wich part of the polled muslims are the true followers of the koran?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:26 PM

Ants pose just as huge a problem, somebody just claimed that on this forum. Are these people for real ?

I'd suggest rereading the post.

He wasn't comparing ants to terrorists, but making the point that it isn't cool to decide on your own to go extermine somebody else's ants (i.e. unwanted population of some sort) on their behalf regardless of how you feel.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 05:32 PM

He wasn't comparing ants to terrorists, but making the point that it isn't cool to decide on your own to go extermine somebody else's ants (i.e. unwanted population of some sort) on their behalf regardless of how you feel.
It's quite simple really, either the HUGE MAJORITY (according to Liberals) of non-terrorist Muslims get rid of the extremely small minority (according to Liberals again) of terrorist Muslims, or other people will do the job for them, which is what is currently taking place many places in the world.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by yakkiebah
Remember that according to this poll there is still a large part that is not supporting terror.
Remember that in the country in which this survey was filmed (yes, filmed - I watched it last night on TV), it's illegal to support or glorify terrorism (with substantial jail terms for doing so).

So the question "how many of them were admitting how they truly feel, and how many were lying to protect themselves from possible prison time?" raises its head.

Now, I have to admit, on the show last night there were actually three of the muslims who were alright - not bad blokes. For now.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 05:54 PM

Humans are all the same. Living in the US doesn't give you any special status quo than anyone else in the world. Go travel a bit and meet and get to know people from other countries. They're not much different. I hate to say it, but some people in this thread really sound like ignorant American slobs. It's ok to have an opinion, but at least have the experience behind to back it up.

The sooner you realize that, the less ignorant you'll sound when making your point. Unless, of course, you're PacHead and you're not making a point, just spitting out anti-terrorist propaganda every couple minutes.

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Aug 8, 2006, 05:56 PM

I've been from one end of this globe to the other.
There are stupid people everywhere.
You can't escape them. It's hopeless.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 05:58 PM

Remember that in the country in which this survey was filmed (yes, filmed - I watched it last night on TV), it's illegal to support or glorify terrorism (with substantial jail terms for doing so).

So the question "how many of them were admitting how they truly feel, and how many were lying to protect themselves from possible prison time?" raises its head.

Now, I have to admit, on the show last night there were actually three of the muslims who were alright - not bad blokes. For now.
Actually i've known many muslims who are fine but i'm not going around asking them "hey man, supporting terror?" or "dude! sharia ĂĽber alles?".

A friend of mine works together with a guy from Pakistan, a muslim, who likes to make alot of jokes about jews but also jokingly said that where there are Muslims there is trouble.

I guess that's true, everywhere there's Islam there is an element of extremism. Unfortunate this is not a tiny minority.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 06:05 PM

Humans are all the same. Living in the US doesn't give you any special status quo than anyone else in the world. Go travel a bit and meet and get to know people from other countries. They're not much different. I hate to say it, but some people in this thread really sound like ignorant American slobs. It's ok to have an opinion, but at least have the experience behind to back it up.
Hi. Englishman living in England here. Been all over. Had a Palestinian girlfriend. Got a Pakistani muslim councillor (who comes over occasionally) and muslim suppliers (who also come over on social visits). And I agree with many points PacHead makes.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2006, 06:30 PM

Hi. Lebanese American here. Lived in Lebanon part of my life, Abu Dhabi, and the US for the majority. Half of my family is American in the US and the other half in Lebanon.

Both sides of my family are christian, and so are nearly half of others in Lebanon, many of which have died in this Islam-Judaism conflict. I've seen evils done by Israel, the US, and Palestine first hand.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2006, 06:33 PM

I have not read the english translated version of the koran, I have been read to the orginal islamic version (most of it anyways) which clearly states what is and what is not allowed for example its allowed to defend yourself but it is not allowed to attack non hostile targets, as in the case of 9/11 that is totally against islam. The Koran and bible are both bloody books
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 06:42 PM

Hi. Englishman living in England here. Been all over. Had a Palestinian girlfriend. Got a Pakistani muslim councillor (who comes over occasionally) and muslim suppliers (who also come over on social visits). And I agree with many points PacHead makes.
I've also been all over. I've been to Europe countless times and have even visited the mideast a few times. This is in stark contrast to the ignorant claims made by certain people in this debate where they just randomly make up nonsense and accuse people of being something that they're not. Their main defense consists of firing off constant ad hominems and flat out lying.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 06:46 PM

Hi. Lebanese American here. Lived in Lebanon part of my life, Abu Dhabi, and the US for the majority. Half of my family is American in the US and the other half in Lebanon.
Go travel a bit and meet and get to know people from other countries. They're not much different. I hate to say it, but some people in this thread really sound like ignorant American slobs
You need to get out more and travel, see the world and then come back when you have gained more experience before presenting ignorant and uninformed viewpoints to this debate.

Carmen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2006, 06:54 PM

Had a Palestinian girlfriend.
Well, then are you going to kill her with your own hands or do you wait until PacHead and his fascist fellows press some key to flatten London (enough Muslims there to justify the collateral damage)??

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Carmen
Well, then are you going to kill her with your own hands
Well, since she wasn't muslim, I don't think they'd want to.

or do you wait until PacHead and his fascist fellows press some key to flatten London (enough Muslims there to justify the collateral damage)??
You can flatten London if you like - even if all the muslims are out on hajj or something. Just make sure that the government is there at the time and our nice London NNer's have prior warning. The UK would function much better if London didn't exist.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2006, 08:34 PM

I have not read the english translated version of the koran, I have been read to the orginal islamic version (most of it anyways)
Erm…what does that mean?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Erm…what does that mean?
It means he's full of it.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2006, 09:29 PM

Finally! Thank the Lord. No more moron posting at me.
I find it hilarious that, not only does he announce it in a condescending manner, he shows off the list. I can't wait for the day he gets a sig violation for it being two lines long.

Matius
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2006, 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=jamil5454. I've seen evils done by Israel, the US, and Palestine first hand.[/QUOTE]

What evils have you witnessed firsthand in Lebanon that have been done by the US? You mean when we got blown up by some bitch terrorist in the 80's? Is that the evil you mean?
“Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 8, 2006, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Matius
What evils have you witnessed firsthand in Lebanon that have been done by the US? You mean when we got blown up by some bitch terrorist in the 80's? Is that the evil you mean?
The bitch terrorists that you are talking about is Hezbollah, the same people that Israel is currently killing. Hezbollah killed 241 US marines.

Matius
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2006, 12:00 AM

Our own polls reveal all sorts of retarded anomolies, such as people finding having children out of wedlock and premarital sex more morally acceptable than a (not necessarily sexual) homosexual relationship. People think strange things, this shouldn't be surprising, especially when you consider how strange your own inplausible and flawed theories seem to others, such as myself.

Still, even taking these numbers at face value, you're still cool with killing the majority to get to the minority? Ever heard of throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

The really odd thing here is that, yet again, I'm responding to your dimwitted, half-baked, intellectually lacking reasoning.
Ya know, as I read this and many of your other posts I can't help but laugh. You talk s**t about people's theories, reasoning, and solutions, but you STILL haven't offered up a solution to the problem of terrorism. You also seem to completely reject the fact that some questions can be "binary", yes or no, or black and white. Here are some questions for you. At least one should be a freebie. Let's see how you do with these and we will go from there.

1. Do you agree that terrorists who believe you are subhuman and plot to kill you and your loved ones should be allowed to live?

2. Do you think you can reason with someone who truely believes the only way they are getting into Heaven is to kill you because you don't believe what they do?

3. Do you believe that if the US were to bring every single troop home from every single overseas post, that the terrorists would just call it a day and stop killing people for their beliefs?

4. Do you believe you would be able to live the life you live and enjoy the liberties you have without war?

5. Will you be able to answer these questions with a yes or no?
“Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Matius
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2006, 12:04 AM

The bitch terrorists that you are talking about is Hezbollah, the same people that Israel is currently killing. Hezbollah killed 241 US marines.
I know, I was just hoping Jamil would describe for me his fictitious "US evils" in Lebanon. I'm looking forward to Israel knocking the hell out of Hezbollah some more too.

idjeff
Senior User
Aug 9, 2006, 04:54 AM

I think what Pachead is trying to say is...

Conan, what is best in life?

--To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

You gotta tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

teszeract
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2006, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by idjeff
I think what Pachead is trying to say is...

Oh no. I used to really like Conan the Barbarian movie. It was the best role for Schwarzie ever.

Carmen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 06:59 AM

Hezbollah killed 241 US marines.
On US territory????

Carmen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 07:03 AM

Well, since she wasn't muslim, I don't think they'd want to.
I think you should really check this thread about what you want to participate in!!
PacHead doesn't care! He wants her DEAD ON A STICK!
And you are either with him or his enemy!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2006, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Matius
Ya know, as I read this and many of your other posts I can't help but laugh. You talk s**t about people's theories, reasoning, and solutions, but you STILL haven't offered up a solution to the problem of terrorism. You also seem to completely reject the fact that some questions can be "binary", yes or no, or black and white. Here are some questions for you. At least one should be a freebie. Let's see how you do with these and we will go from there.
These questions are all answered more or less with the caveat that I don't and have never claimed to have the solution myself, because there is no magic bullet. Like I said before, you just do the best you can with the intelligence you have, and allocate a reasonable amount of resources into making constant improvements into keeping one step ahead of the terrorists, who can never fundamentally be eradicated in their entirety (just like we will never be rid of all the criminals in this country).

1. Do you agree that terrorists who believe you are subhuman and plot to kill you and your loved ones should be allowed to live?

2. Do you think you can reason with someone who truely believes the only way they are getting into Heaven is to kill you because you don't believe what they do?

3. Do you believe that if the US were to bring every single troop home from every single overseas post, that the terrorists would just call it a day and stop killing people for their beliefs?

Yes, the terrorists are horrible, mean, vile, and despicable human beings... That's what you're looking for, right? Did I press that right button?

This stuff is pretty obvious, why does it need to be said?

4. Do you believe you would be able to live the life you live and enjoy the liberties you have without war?
Without war in general? Depends on what war. I'm not sold on the idea that the Iraq war has ensured the safety of our liberties, because I don't think Iraqis were ever really a threat to us, and I don't think that keeping one step ahead of terrorists necessarily involves invading countries.

5. Will you be able to answer these questions with a yes or no?

No, because intelligent responses are generally full of subtle shades of meaning, of nuance, and of precision. There are yesses and nos embedded in these answers though, which I don't think are hard to spot.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 9, 2006, 07:00 PM

On US territory????
Every non-ignorant person knows that the 241 US Marines were killed in Lebanon. Does that change anything ?

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 9, 2006, 10:25 PM

On US territory????
Actually, I will add to my previous reply. Yes, Hezbollah has attacked US territory before.

On 18 April 1983, a suicide bomber demolished the US embassy in Beirut.

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Aug 10, 2006, 07:08 AM

Before 9/11 hez-blow-allah killed more American citizens than any other terrorist organization.

Forum Links
Forum Rules