Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Audible.com on iPodes

Audible.com on iPodes
slider
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2004, 09:10 PM

I have a second generation 10GB iPod. Two question. One: does this model iPod work with the listen to where you left off feature on the new iPods? And the other question is can I download books from an audible.com account and still use this "where I left off" feature. Thanks
( Last edited by slider; Mar 31, 2004 at 09:48 PM. )

PeterKG
Senior User
Apr 1, 2004, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by slider:
I have a second generation 10GB iPod. Two question. One: does this model iPod work with the listen to where you left off feature on the new iPods? And the other question is can I download books from an audible.com account and still use this "where I left off" feature. Thanks
Yes and Yes.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

dmcnickle
Senior User
Apr 2, 2004, 04:55 PM

How do you use the listen to where I left off feature?

PeterKG
Senior User
Apr 2, 2004, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by dmcnickle:
How do you use the listen to where I left off feature?
You just start listening to the audible book and it picks up where it stopped. There is no feature to turn on or off. It just does it.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

slider  (op)
Mac Elite
May 2, 2004, 05:13 PM

So I have been listening to an unabridged book, something like 26 hours in length, which was broken up into 15 - 2:15 sections. It was following alone nicely, but the iPod as gotten lost so now I need to go to the section that I last left off on, it'll go to the right part of the section, but if I just hit play from the playlist, the iPod picks up at the wrong place;section.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I think I messed it up by navigating to the section I left off on and hit play instead of from the book in the playlist it's self. Also, is there a way to combine all these individual sections? Maybe make is a compilation?

velodev
Senior User
May 2, 2004, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by slider:
So I have been listening to an unabridged book, something like 26 hours in length, which was broken up into 15 - 2:15 sections.
First question, is that an Audible file? If it isn't... you'll never be able to round-trip (pick up where you left off. Round-tripping has been flawless with all of my Audible books.

I am surprised they (Audible) would dissect a book like that.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2004, 07:40 PM

This Applescript will let any song pick up where you left off:

http://www.malcolmadams.com/itunes/s...kebookmarkable

Chris

torifile
Mac Elite
May 2, 2004, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by velodev:
First question, is that an Audible file? If it isn't... you'll never be able to round-trip (pick up where you left off. Round-tripping has been flawless with all of my Audible books.

I am surprised they (Audible) would dissect a book like that.
I don't think that his book is an audible book. I've got several audible books that are over 20 hours long and none of them was broken up into any more than 3 sections.

slider  (op)
Mac Elite
May 2, 2004, 10:43 PM

I downloaded the book from iTMS. It had been keeping time, like I said I might have messed it up. However, by taking shuffle off, it seems I might have corrected part of the problem.

Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules