Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anybody trade stocks w/Mac ?

Anybody trade stocks w/Mac ?
PacHead
Baninated
Jul 17, 2005, 04:01 PM

I'm wondering what you use to trade, and which is the best place to sign up on the mac platform. From what I've seen so far, I'm liking the way the E trade pro app for OSX is looking.

I've only just started looking into this, but does anybody know of something better than the e trade program ? I looked at a couple of other places, and they seemed to be browser based, that sounds kind of crappy, IMO.

What do you use ?

SVass
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2005, 05:35 PM

I use my web browser to buy and sell infrequently. Trading stocks is for professionals and ...s only. Specialized software can contain bugs that may bite at an expensive time. Too many companies underpay their workers or do not adequately test their software. Even M$ had a math bug for years in Excel as its formulae wouldn't accept a leading negative number. sam

nickw311
Senior User
Jul 17, 2005, 06:33 PM

I just use Fidelity online and I used to use E*Trade
27" iMac C2D

Forum Links
Forum Rules