Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > I ran into some illegals today and I had an idea

I ran into some illegals today and I had an idea (Page 2)
FeLiZeCaT
Senior User
May 12, 2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
I'm not a police officer or border patrol agent, so it's not like I asked them for ID, but I do possess common sense and I'm a good judge of people. It is well known that many illegals gather in certain spots in various communities waiting for their day jobs. There might be a few legal people among these groups every once in a while, like you pointed out with the Puerto Ricans, but I would be willing to bet $1,000.00 that the majority of the people in the group I saw today and every other day by my place are illegals. The police should raid these known spots every once in awhile and check out everybody. If somebody is not an illegal, then they have nothing to worry about. The rest should be handcuffed and detained.
Woaw.

IQ ≠ Pachead

With common sense like yours, it's a wonder you can breathe without assistance.

Why not raid houses and check a few closets as well?

Better: adopt a policeman!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going flat-out, than some people in their lifetime

- Burt

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
May 12, 2006, 08:05 PM

With 12 million illegal immigrants around, it would be a miracle to not find any.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 14, 2006, 02:40 PM

I know that many people can't accept this, but in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and even Louisiana, if a group of Hispanics cannot speak English and hang out in particular places to wait for work opportunities, there is about a 95% chance that they are illegal. Legal immigrants seek more conventional means of employment, filling out applications and such.

maxx9photo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2006, 03:07 PM

Should america build another great wall of china? it's only 1950 miles, they have the money.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
I know that many people can't accept this, but in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and even Louisiana, if a group of Hispanics cannot speak English and hang out in particular places to wait for work opportunities, there is about a 95% chance that they are illegal. Legal immigrants seek more conventional means of employment, filling out applications and such.
Beats filing for Welfare don't you think?

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 15, 2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet
Beats filing for Welfare don't you think?
This, I must say, is true. I was just pointing out that it's not necessarily a stereotype as it is a simple fact.

Saad
Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2006, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
Maybe that Sheriff from Arizona can move up here ?
That Sheriff has cost Maricopa County many millions of dollars in lawsuits from inmates in his (apparrently) hellish jails and camps. He was even rejected by the Republican party:
http://www.azconservative.org/D22_shuns_Arpaio.htm

Forum Links
Forum Rules