Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Reuters busted - Faked a war photo from Lebanon with cheap photoshop skills

Reuters busted - Faked a war photo from Lebanon with cheap photoshop skills (Page 2)
pooka
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kr0nos
OMFG!!! That does it! Bwahahahahahaaaaaa

There must be some anti-israeli conspiracy going on!!!1!111!
Um, there is. Is this picture part of that effort? Who knows. If so, it was pretty stupid and pointless. But you're seriously deluded if you don't even suspect some of these reports coming out of Lebanon aren't tainted by the stinky hand of Hezbuallah's PR machine. C'mon. It's akin to accepting Rumsfeld's reports on Iraq without question.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 7, 2006, 11:35 AM

The lying photographer with the fraudulent photos has now been fired and all 920 of his photos that he has taken for reuters have now been permanently removed from the reuters database.

LONDON, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Reuters withdrew all 920 photographs by a freelance Lebanese photographer from its database on Monday after an urgent review of his work showed he had altered two images from the conflict between Israel and the armed group Hizbollah.

This wasn't the first time that the pro-terrorist photographer had photoshopped images.

It established on Monday that a photograph of an Israeli F-16 fighter over Nabatiyeh, southern Lebanon and dated Aug 2, had also been doctored to increase the number of flares dropped by the plane from one to three.

Pro-terrorists aren't the smartest people around.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N07348592.htm

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 7, 2006, 11:39 AM

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2006, 11:47 AM

So, how many more photos coming out of the area have been shopped but we've not noticed because they've been done properly?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
So, how many more photos coming out of the area have been shopped but we've not noticed because they've been done properly?
A lot.

However, it's worse when the "journalists" drag the bodies around to different locations to "add impact". At least the Photoshop guys aren't molesting corpses.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2006, 06:13 PM

Does this look real to you?

I cannot believe how 'shopped that looks. Is that arm translucent??

What about this?

Way to go Reuters.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 7, 2006, 07:50 PM

This is getting bigger, more fake terrorist Hezbollah photos have been discovered besides the two already confirmed. These terrorist photos have been used by Yahoo, Reuters, BBC, etc.

http://drinkingfromhome.blogspot.com...t-edition.html

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/014919.php

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2006, 08:04 PM

Propaganda distribution like a ping-pong game.

In the meantime, more people are dying, and the crowd is fighting over a few bits of data that disappeared a long time ago already.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 7, 2006, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
Dude, think for a second. The dude is a lying arab photographer altering war images, trying to make Israel look bad.

Overly ambitious, LOL. Keep spinning.

Israel doesn't need any more help looking bad. It looks like piece of crap already.

I say we send puckHed to take some pix.

PacHead  (op)
Baninated
Aug 7, 2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by hey!_Zeus

I say we send puckHed to take some pix.
How much do I get per picture for each dead Hezbollian ? I won't even have to photoshop anything.

tie
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2006, 10:18 PM

It's good that the photographer has been fired. It is unfortunately difficult to get quality reporting out of war zones. Even the honest reporters have a hard time, despite their good efforts. The quality of reporting out of Iraq is a good example (as is the quality of reporting on WMD in Iraq even before the war). Captioning errors, like a few I've seen pointed out here and elsewhere, are unfortunately inevitable, at least occasionally. Photoshopping should not be.

This will only end up hurting the photographer's cause, too, since our inability to get reliable information from the Lebanese side of the conflict can only lead to pro-Israel bias in the media.

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pooka
Um, there is. Is this picture part of that effort? Who knows. If so, it was pretty stupid and pointless. But you're seriously deluded if you don't even suspect some of these reports coming out of Lebanon aren't tainted by the stinky hand of Hezbuallah's PR machine.
LOL. That was my point.

What I'm far more concerned about is that such a horribly chopped picture could actually sway public opinion.

'OMFG, that smoke cloud is soooooooo dark, those god damned Israeli war criminals!111!!'

WTF are these people thinking?

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

Ado
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2006, 03:53 AM

Do you guys think these shots are faked???

Warning war images of fallen inocence

... Graphic images.

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=24885

Sky Captain
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Aug 10, 2006, 07:25 AM

The site is very one sided.
It dosen't report the carnage brought about by hiz-blow-allah.
Or Palestinian suicide bombers.
Anything to villfy Isreal, right?
Even if its faked/staged.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 10, 2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sky Captain
The site is very one sided.
What made you say that? </sarcasm>

Man, that's just pitiful, and people complain about Fox?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules