Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Theme help needed! (MenuEnhancer)

Theme help needed! (MenuEnhancer)
NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 05:29 PM

Ok I'm trying to update "BlueMetal" (it's more purple looking to me) by Takashi Izawa for use with panther.

It seems easy enough to tweak except for the MenuEnhancer resources that don't get imported into my guiKit no matter what I do (I've asked Jason about it)... Anyway Jason says "Resourcer" and the MenuEnhancer templates are needed to import them. I don't know where to get Resourcer or what to do with it...

Thanks in advance,
--NetworkShadow
click one

Rosyna
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2004, 06:31 PM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
Anyway Jason says "Resourcer" and the MenuEnhancer templates are needed to import them. I don't know where to get Resourcer or what to do with it...
I believe Jason says Resorcerer...

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2004, 06:36 PM

menu enhancer templates? does that mean you could gui kitty a theme (like titanium 7) with menu enhanced stuff and copy all the elements over top of all the theme elements? i dont know how else you would get the sub 200 pxm#s

[Edit] and by ppt, i meant pxm
( Last edited by d4nth3m4n; Aug 6, 2004 at 06:51 PM. )

NetworkShadow  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 06:37 PM

I've got the other main problem with using it in Panther fixed already:

I'm working on the finder buttons next, and then a Safari skin.

If I can get the MenuEnhancer imported it'll be worth using again.
click one

NetworkShadow  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by Rosyna:
I believe Jason says Resorcerer...
Ah yes I found it: http://www.mathemaesthetics.com/ResorcererIndex.html and have no clue what to do from there.
( Last edited by NetworkShadow; Aug 6, 2004 at 06:49 PM. )
click one

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 07:14 PM

MenuEnhancer resources that don't get imported into my guiKit no matter what I do Thanks in advance,
--NetworkShadow
If you apply the theme and log out, and then create a new theme guiKit with Themepark, merge with installed elements and add the menu enhancer option they should appear in the Tpark file...or am I not understanding you? You want to add in the aqua, clear and graphite menu states right?

NetworkShadow  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
If you apply the theme and log out, and then create a new theme guiKit with Themepark, merge with installed elements and add the menu enhancer option they should appear in the Tpark file
I did merge the theme with my .tpark, and no the MenuEnhancer elements don't import no matter what I do because it's a Jag theme.

You want to add in the aqua, clear and graphite menu states right?
All the MenuEnhancer elements.
click one

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2004, 09:51 PM

I've got the other main problem with using it in Panther fixed already:

I'm working on the finder buttons next, and then a Safari skin.

If I can get the MenuEnhancer imported it'll be worth using again.
Please make iChat buttons too... and an iTunes skin if u can? Thanks for updating this theme... I've missed it!

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 10:06 PM

Seems to import them fine for me.....

NetworkShadow  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 10:12 PM

Did you actually try looking at the elements? What does your menu bar look like? I really doubt it looks like this: (What the menus should look like)
click one

NetworkShadow  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by efuseakay:
Please make iChat buttons too... and an iTunes skin if u can? Thanks for updating this theme... I've missed it!
I'll email you a copy, I don't want to distribute it publicly without permission. (I'll also look into that if I get the menus working.)
click one

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 10:24 PM

Did you actually try looking at the elements? What does your menu bar look like? I really doubt it looks like this: (What the menus should look like)
I suspect that SS can't properly transfer the special Jag elements when it imports the .dtla. You'll probably have to manually drag them from the .dtla into the new guiKit themepark file. Just guessing here though I do see the menu enhancements in the .dtla file though.

VxWolfxV
Aug 6, 2004, 11:22 PM

I'll email you a copy, I don't want to distribute it publicly without permission. (I'll also look into that if I get the menus working.)
Could you email me a copy as well? I've been waiting for this theme to be updated...

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 11:37 PM

ShapeShifter dumps the layo resources when it updates a Jag theme for Panther. There are a couple of good reasons behind this.

You might be able to make this work by enabling MenuEnhancer in your new TP theme and importing the menu enhancer resources. If that doesn't work, you'll need to get the graphics in place, then export a guiKit, decompile it using guiKitty, manually copy/paste in the appropriate layo resources for MenuEnhancer (don't know the IDs offhand), then recompile using guiKitty.

DON'T just copy in all of the layos, all Carbon apps will crash if you try to install the theme. Only the MenuEnhancer ones.

Yuck, btw...
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

NetworkShadow  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2004, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
I suspect that SS can't properly transfer the special Jag elements when it imports the .dtla
Yes that's why I posted this topic asking for help. You say I could drag and drop them into my new guiKit?

VxWolfxV: no prob

lol don't like the theme smeger? I'm not sure if I love it or hate it myself... Just felt like updating it to see. I'm thinking of doing a hi-light color mod btw since the pink/red is kinda strong.

Well I've been able to get most of the correct graphics pasted into the right resources using Max's AA theme as a template... just missing the left menu cap it seems because AA doesn't use the same kind of cap. Not sure what to do about that... Think I'll be able to fix that with guiKitty?

What it should look like (Jag version):

The metal windows are going to need a lot of work... the widgets just don't work with a flat window.
( Last edited by NetworkShadow; Aug 7, 2004 at 12:25 AM. )
click one

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 12:43 AM

lol don't like the theme smeger? I'm not sure if I love it or hate it myself... Just felt like updating it to see.
Heh, no, I was "yuck"ing the process of updating it, not the theme itself.

I think you need to get the layo pasted in to fix the menu cap problem.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

NetworkShadow  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 01:24 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
Heh, no, I was "yuck"ing the process of updating it, not the theme itself.
Oh ok.

I think you need to get the layo pasted in to fix the menu cap problem.
Anyone care to give me a step-by step on how that works? I'm not quite up to speed with how to make a theme yet, this is a practice run for when I start making my own.
There obviously are at least 2 missing resources so I can't even paste the right graphic in.
click one

Forum Links
Forum Rules