Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > How are the lines?

How are the lines? (Page 2)
Foxdog175
Forum Regular
Jul 16, 2008, 12:44 AM

I went to Oakbrook today, even after seeing that they wouldn't be having any in today (or so said the availability page). Just as I arrived at 12:30, an apple rep announced that they would be getting a shipment in at 1pm, so a line very quickly formed. At around 12:40, they were letting people in to purchase phones. Needless to say, I was able to get one, and fwiw, I *love* white. It doesn't show jack for blemishes on the back of the phone.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jul 19, 2008, 11:47 AM

Checked online and saw the Apple store in a mall near me would have stock of every 3G iPhone model. Got there at 10:45 am (45 minutes after open) and there were no less than 150 people in line. Demand is still high. This was the only store in VA that has stock today, other than Tyson's Corner which indicated they would only have the 16GB White iPhone in stock.

Looks like I'm going to wait a month or two until I can walk into a store and buy one with no wait.

D1STORT1ON
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2008, 02:13 PM

You must have been at Fair Oaks. I was there at about 8:30 and around 9:15 or so they came to where I was in line and first said that by the time we got in there they'd MAYBE have white 16 gigs still there. About 30 minutes later they came out and said they wouldn't have them for us at all unless a shipment came in. They said we'd be wasting our time waiting. Most people in the line from that point on left.

Seems like Apple just can't keep these things in stock.
( Last edited by D1STORT1ON; Jul 19, 2008 at 02:28 PM. )

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jul 19, 2008, 02:20 PM

I got mine Monday at the Buffalo, NY store. They said they had 10 white ones in stock at noon so I went and there were about 7 people in line but only took 5 minutes or less for me to get up to the register, and 20 minutes later I was signed up and had the iPhone activated. Good experience overall.

ARK
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2008, 02:28 PM

The supply is frustrating. AT&T doesn't have them and out of the numerous people I've talked to only one has mentioned you can order it and have it delivered. The Apple Store in Indy gets supply in but very little and they sell out within two to three hours depending how much they get in. A line forms every day. I can't get out of work during the week and by 5 they are sold out. Today they get some in and they're just 8GB. bleh!! Frustrating. Where is the supply Apple? This is ridiculous.
- Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver /w 1G RAM, GeForce4 Ti, 17" Studio Display, Soundsticks, 10.4.11
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

- MacBook Pro or iMac (soon hopefully)

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2008, 02:46 PM

I love how they are so happy with sales. If you could simply buy this online they would've sold 20 times as many by now. (although most woudn't be activated yet I'm sure!!!)

I still don't have a new one!
UGH!!!

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jul 19, 2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by D1STORT1ON View Post
You must have been at Fair Oaks. I was there at about 8:30 and around 9:15 or so they came to where I was in line and first said that by the time we got in there they'd MAYBE have white 16 gigs still there. About 30 minutes later they came out and said they wouldn't have them for us at all unless a shipment came in. They said we'd be wasting our time waiting. Most people in the line from that point on left.

Seems like Apple just can't keep these things in stock.
Yep, Fair Oaks. If they told people at 9:15 am they wouldn't have them for everyone, they must not have told people again because there were A LOT of people waiting. Line was almost to JC Penney.

Rumor
Jul 19, 2008, 06:42 PM

For some reason, it keeps telling me to check back after 9 pm.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jul 19, 2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
For some reason, it keeps telling me to check back after 9 pm.
It's always done that. It will show tomorrow's availability if you check it after 9:00 pm. Not sure how long it will continue to show availability before it goes back to telling you to check back after 9:00.

Forum Links
Forum Rules