Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I dont like the NUM LOCK button

I dont like the NUM LOCK button
urban
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2003, 01:11 AM

If you accidentally switch it on, chances are you won't notice it because there isn't a LED( well, there is but it's hidden under the key and u can't see it) such like the one on the CAPS key.

yep that's it...
Powerbook 12" 1GHZ, 1.25GB of RAM
My blog

BlueCat
Nov 9, 2003, 02:48 AM

Gee, you're not wrong there ... there is a light! I couldn't see it until I cupped my hands over the key!

They might as well had not bother with that light!!!
15" Aluminium Powerbook 1.25GHz G4
Panther 10.3
"My first Mac, but definitely not my last!"

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2003, 03:19 AM

Feedback.
They could add a floating window alert like they have for the volume or eject or brightness.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 9, 2003, 05:12 PM

That's a really good idea, overlays for caps lock and num lock. You should submit that to Apple. (And maybe some enterprising shareware developer can help us out?)

(There are already overlays for all the modifier keys when used with Universal Access.)

tooki

kjo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2003, 11:25 AM

Question: why does the NUM LOCK button lock the entire keyboard, and not just the keys that can be used as a keypad? Is it supposed to be this way, or is something wrong with my otherwise perfect 15" Albook? (no white spots, no dead pixels, latch is perfect, etc. - I've had it since 9/24!)

I'm trying to input music into Sibelius, and the keypad is essential for selecting note values. But turning on the NUM LOCK means that I can't just type in a note name without constantly toggling the NUM LOCK button on and off.

Guess this means I have to buy an external keypad, unless anyone has a good suggestion for making this work the way I think it should!

Forum Links
Forum Rules