Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mac OS X El Capitan comments

Mac OS X El Capitan comments
mindwaves
Sep 30, 2015, 04:45 AM

Still waiting to download. Actually more excited about this than iOS 9. Split Display looks interesting to me as does the tabbed Mail application.

Eden Aurora
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 30, 2015, 06:49 PM

not downloading for me. says "Waiting...."
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

mindwaves  (op)
Oct 1, 2015, 04:54 AM

Downloaded 5GB overnight via a slow network. 1GB to go. Closed computer for a few hours to do something. Came back and got the "waiting" sign for 2 hours even after rebooting, quitting, etc. Had to delete the installation file and start over. No more waiting, but will download in 1/2 hour via a much faster connection.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2015, 05:40 AM

Download took 30 minutes, installation another half hour. Installed on my living-room "test" computer. Seems to work fine for now.

mindwaves  (op)
Oct 1, 2015, 08:23 AM

Using it now and loving it. Split View was not working for me initially, but had to enable it in the preferences. Very odd.

Love the tab muting abilities of Safari. Still split on the pinned tab ideas.

Tabbed Mail is an idea that should have been there from the beginning.

The annoying part is that I had two inactive accounts on Mail that were suddenly active upon installation. Very annoying.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 1, 2015, 08:31 AM

And.reg's List of Annoying Bugs in 10.11 (and a few fixed/remedied bugs from 10.10) - and request for help
As of June 24, 2016
20 unresolved bugs

Link to this post: http://forums.macnn.com/90/mac-os-x/...s/#post4334618

First, a list of fixed/remedied bugs since 10.10 (so far as I can tell...):

From bugs reported in 10.10: http://forums.macnn.com/90/mac-os-x/...e/#post4295983

Bugs 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 11, maybe 13, maybe 15, maybe 16, and 21 have been either fixed or remedied.

Also, Preview has been extremely slow when editing the color properties of a photo, and particularly the sharpness. This has been a very annoying problem from 10.7 to 10.10, but appears to have been somewhat remedied in 10.11, as Preview seems to be more responsive.

Bugs that persist in 10.11:

From bugs reported in 10.10: http://forums.macnn.com/90/mac-os-x/...e/#post4295983

Bugs 1, 4, 12 (see below), 17, and 20 still persist.

#12. When un-muting your volume for the first time after booting the computer, the volume control will show a fraction of a dial:
In 10.10:
In 10.11:
This WAS a problem in both 10.9 and 10.10 and was never remedied.

#13. (was present in 10.10 but I don't think that I documented it) When navigating a long-enough column of folders in multi-column view in Finder that you need a vertical scroll bar, say that you want to change the name of a folder toward the end of the list, so you type z, then arrow down, then Return/Enter, then right-arrow to select the last character of the folder name, then start editing... well if you do this all in a quick sequence, Finder will not let you select the last character without then jumping back out of textfield edit mode and instead will highlight the name of the folder. Well that's a bug to me and a royal pain, because it gets in the way of me just wanting to navigate with arrow keys get to the folder that I want and then type a new name.

New bugs in 10.11:

1. When creating a new folder in multi-column view, I have to wait 0.3 seconds after typing Command-N before I can start typing the name of the folder. If I do not wait, then a folder name such as "Myfolder" will be named "older" as I expect to type Command-N and immediately jump into typing. I reported this bug during public beta 5 and the bug has not been remedied. The seriousness of this problem is worse than in 10.10, as the required wait time to name the new folder has increased since 10.10.

2. A bug in Calendars that was introduced in 10.9 and was squashed in 10.10 has resurfaced in 10.11. After creating a new event in Calendars and quitting the program, upon relaunching, Calendars will display a pop-up of the event that you just created before you quit the program. The correct behavior is that there is not supposed to be this pop-up when you relaunch Calendars.

3. Often when I add new reminders to Reminders, and re-arrange them a few times, and then close the program, and then re-open it, the items that I tried to re-arrange will be in a different order than when I last saved them, often due to the new arrangement not being uploaded and then lost. I do not recall if this was an issue in 10.10; however, if it was, the seriousness of this issue has escalated to being very annoying since I have to keep remembering how I had my 13 items re-arranged.

4. With Show scroll bars "When scrolling" set in System Preferences > General, a new bug is introduced in Safari. When scrolling through some web pages that have editable text areas that require scrolling within that part of the webpage, the scroll bars within the text area no longer work. You have to click anywhere inside the text area and use arrow keys to navigate. This was NOT a problem in 10.10.

5. Sometimes, when an SDHC card is inserted and multiple Finder tabs are open in multi-column, with two of them on the home folder of the SDHC card, upon scrolling in multi-column view through the SDHC card folders to a desired image, then typing Command-C to show all volumes (still in multi-column view), highlighting the image of the SDHC card, and ejecting it via Command-E, and then closing that tab, the bottom of the Finder window will suddenly jump in size (on my display, from maybe 400 pixels tall to about 800 pixels tall). This was NOT a problem in 10.10.

6. Preview still continues to display unexpected behavior when adding and moving shapes to a picture. Sometimes, the shape will just not be able to be selected, because Preview goes into some kind of text-edit mode even though the shape itself is highlighted. This was an issue that I may not have documented back in 10.9 or 10.10 due to not being able to describe an exact procedure; however, often it would cause Preview to crash. If you just want to select an object, then you have to double-click on it. If you want to move the object over, then the only way to get around it is to double-click on the image, resize the shape, then type Command-Z.

Addendum: Preview also gives highly unusual behavior when trying to print a PDF of a PDF with vector shapes added to it, in that the printed document will be severely offset, sometimes off the page entirely. This was NOT a problem in 10.10.

Just a further comment, that when adding vector shapes to a PDF, programs such as TeXShop will NOT show the vector shapes. You have to add them, print the modified page as a new PDF, then crop the new PDF again back to what it was, by hand.

Help. Does anyone have a way around this? ^

7. Sometimes, when you click on a link in Safari to load a new tab, and then from within it, load a new webpage, the Back button will not activate. This was an issue that I may not have documented back in 10.9 or 10.10 due to not being able to describe an exact procedure. This issue occurs just randomly and so I will need more time to provide a specific, reproducible example.

8a. (resolved) Sometimes, Safari will be momentarily unresponsive when mousing over the URL bar. You are probably familiar with the + in a circle icon that appears about 0.3 seconds after your cursor hovers over the URL bar of a webpage... well if, within that 0.3 second wait before the + in a circle icon appears, you want to access the URL by clicking on it, or activate a new tab with Command-T, Safari will appear to hang for a few seconds and be unresponsive. I get the following kinds of messages:
Code:
PressAndHold[657]: IMKServer Stall detected, *please Report* your user scenario attaching a spindump (or sysdiagnose) that captures the problem - (activateServer) block performed very slowly (8.78 secs)
Code:
10/20/15 12:33:59.200 PM WindowServer[179]: _CGXRemoveWindowFromWindowMovementGroup: window 0x50c is not attached to window 0x557 10/20/15 12:33:59.201 PM Safari[756]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 132 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 10/20/15 12:33:59.201 PM Safari[756]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 129 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 10/20/15 12:33:59.201 PM Safari[756]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 131 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 10/20/15 12:33:59.201 PM Safari[756]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 130 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 10/20/15 12:33:59.202 PM Safari[756]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 128 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 10/20/15 12:33:59.202 PM Safari[756]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 127 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 10/20/15 12:33:59.254 PM Safari[756]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 133 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22
^ This was NOT a problem in 10.10.

8b. (resolved) On a likely related issue, Safari will just be generally unresponsive when clicking out of Safari to any other application, and then back to Safari. Restarting Safari does not remedy the issue. I *think* this may have been an issue in 10.10, but I did not report it. Console shows the following, similar to [8a] above:

Code:
11/27/15 2:46:59.568 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 17 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 11/27/15 2:46:59.568 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 15 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 11/27/15 2:46:59.568 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 18 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 11/27/15 2:46:59.569 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 14 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 11/27/15 2:46:59.569 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 16 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 11/27/15 2:46:59.569 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 13 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 11/27/15 2:46:59.780 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 19 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22 11/27/15 2:47:31.800 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_destination_handle_tls_close_notify 25 closing socket due to TLS CLOSE_NOTIFY alert 11/27/15 2:47:31.801 PM Safari[903]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 25 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 32 11/27/15 2:48:12.666 PM PressAndHold[694]: IMKServer Stall detected, *please Report* your user scenario attaching a spindump (or sysdiagnose) that captures the problem - (activateServer) block performed very slowly (37.91 secs)

9. (resolved) Here is a guaranteed easy way to get Calendars to crash.

Go to File > New Calendar > iCloud

As soon as I started typing an asterisk, Calendars crashed. I did not test this behavior in 10.9 or 10.10, so I am calling this a "new" bug. (Resolved in 10.11.2)

10. Force Touch link previews within a full screen PDF on a second display loads a tiny thumbnail. It's supposed to be a full-screen preview. To get a full screen preview, you have to do this process twice. This was NOT a problem in 10.10.

11. Sometimes, while pausing a song streamed from internet radio in iTunes 12.3.2.35 using the "Play/Pause" keyboard button while in another application, and then pressing it again to play the stream again, the song will not begin streaming again until you click on the iTunes icon in the Dock. This was NOT a problem in 10.10, although there were other issues with internet streaming in 10.10.

12. Since updating from the 10.11 beta to 10.11.2 public release, OS X has increasingly mis-applied clicks between applications. Sometimes, the previous application will stay active, while a pre-existing window in the new application does not show in the "active" window state (the traffic light buttons at the top left stay gray).

Example: In TextEdit, create a new document with Command-N. Drag it somewhere. Then click back to Safari and type Command-T. Guess what happens. Instead of Safari opening a new tab, TextEdit opens the font inspector.

As far as I can tell, there is NO Console message generated at the moment of the click to indicate that the proper window did not become fully active. Instead, the message appears a few seconds AFTER the click:

Code:
1/27/16 3:01:50.423 PM WindowServer[165]: _CGXRemoveWindowFromWindowMovementGroup: window 0x129 is not attached to window 0x12a

13. Preview fails to save changes to files (at least one of mine) over 10,000 pixels in width. When re-opened, the original picture is displayed, rather than the edited version. This may have been a problem before 10.11 but I had not tried to realize it.

14. I have been using Fastmail.fm for my webmail since 2001. Sometimes, Safari will not be able to reconnect to my Fastmail.fm webmail (through Safari) because of a bug in wireless network card. I have been troubleshooting intermittently for 6 years and the bug likely lies in network settings for wireless connectivity. See the following thread for more information:
http://emaildiscussions.com/showpost.php?p=583348

15. Changing a desktop picture in System Preferences using pictures in one of my own folders - switching from picture A to picture B, then back to picture A, causes picture B to display during the FireVault login screen upon subsequent computer start-up when Picture A is supposed to show up. This WAS a problem in (I think) 10.10 as well, but I do not think that I documented this back in my previous thread.

16. Sometimes, if I turn on my apartment's Wi-Fi (TWC wireless modem), then wait 45-60 seconds to boot my computer, it will fail to join my wireless until I restart it. If I wait longer than 60 seconds between turning on my apartment's WiFi and booting my Mac, then it works. But I SHOULD NOT have to watch my timing. If, instead, I wait 0 seconds, then at least WiFi knows that it needs to wait, and then it eventually connects. But not if the wait between switching both hardware devices on is about 45-60 seconds. I do not recall if this was a problem in 10.10.

Also, how DO I send your diagnostic reports to Apple? They are just created on my desktop, but there is never any instruction as to HOW to send them to Apple. So, where exactly are these supposed to go?
( Last edited by Ham Sandwich; Jun 24, 2016 at 08:36 AM. )

OreoCookie
Oct 1, 2015, 10:14 AM

The installation was a bit rough (I had to manually shut down the machine once and had Voice Over activated.

So far, these are my observations:

- I love how they fixed Mission Control. Ever since they introduced Spaces did Exposé/Mission Control change for the worse. Now it's great again. Being able to work in two apps full screen simultaneously is amazing as well — just like in the good ol' times

- I love San Francisco: it is much easier to read and looks great.

- Many UI animations have been sped up

- Safari seems quite a bit zippier.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 1, 2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
#12. When un-muting your volume for the first time after booting the computer, the volume control will show a fraction of a dial:
I pray that Apple's engineers will never take the time needed to "fix" this "problem", as I'd MUCH rather they work on actual issues, interface or otherwise.

New bugs in 10.11:

1. When creating a new folder in multi-column view, I have to wait 0.3 seconds after typing Command-N before I can start typing the name of the folder. If I do not wait, then a folder name such as "Myfolder" will be named "older" as I expect to type Command-N and immediately jump into typing. I reported this bug during public beta 5 and the bug has not been remedied. The seriousness of this problem is worse than in 10.10, as the required wait time to name the new folder has increased since 10.10.
It's absolutely instantaneous here in Yosemite on an early-2011 13" MBP.

I can hit Cmd-Shift-N (I assume you writing "Command-N" is a typo?) and IMMEDIATELY start typing the name.

Will check the iMac running El Capitan later tonight.

RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Oct 2, 2015, 12:00 PM

My Boom volume booster isn't working, but the big issue is Outlook. I have to force quite through the day and restart to continue to use it. I'm using 2011, and I read that a similar issue is happening with the 2016 version of Office as well. Hope there is a fix soon enough.
As a casual user I don't see anything different - except crashing of certain programs.

DCJ001
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 2, 2015, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
I pray that Apple's engineers will never take the time needed to "fix" this "problem", as I'd MUCH rather they work on actual issues, interface or otherwise.

It's absolutely instantaneous here in Yosemite on an early-2011 13" MBP.

I can hit Cmd-Shift-N (I assume you writing "Command-N" is a typo?) and IMMEDIATELY start typing the name.

Will check the iMac running El Capitan later tonight.
That is not a typo.

Originally Posted by RobOnTheCape View Post
My Boom volume booster isn't working, but the big issue is Outlook. I have to force quite through the day and restart to continue to use it. I'm using 2011, and I read that a similar issue is happening with the 2016 version of Office as well. Hope there is a fix soon enough.
As a casual user I don't see anything different - except crashing of certain programs.
That is a typo.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 3, 2015, 04:37 AM

The point was that the command for creating a new folder is Cmd-Shift-N. If and_reg was using something that changed it to Cmd-N, that might be the source of delays.

However, I just tested it on my 2008 iMac running El Capitan, and I'm seeing the delay. I can hear the hard drive work, so I suspect the delay is related to that. The MacBook sees no such delay on Yosemite, but that's running off an SSD.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 3, 2015, 03:06 PM

I updated to El Capitan on my Mid-2007 iMac, and it's doing fine. No issues so far. I am NOT seeing a delay in creating a folder using Cmd-Shift-N. Cmd-N opens a new Finder window for me (as it always has).

My volume control has always gone right back to whatever I had the volume set to when I un-mute.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Ham Sandwich
Oct 3, 2015, 07:41 PM

I meant Command-Shift-N, in multi-column view... and yeah I would imagine without SSD or a fusion drive the delay would be longer.

Also, I'm still noticing that recent (day or day-prior) edits to a Text document still do not show up in the Spotlight metadata. I swear I can look right at the text in a day-old TextEdit file on my computer and Spotlight can't search through it when I search for even just two of the words in sequence.
( Last edited by Ham Sandwich; Oct 3, 2015 at 08:04 PM. )

Atheist
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2015, 07:50 AM

El Capitan appears to have finally resolved the excruciating latency issues with browsing SMB file shares. I work remote over VPN and as far back as I can recall, browsing SMB file shares has been so slow it was unusable. With El Capitan it's certainly not snappy but at least it's usable.

Mission control is a train-wreck on my MacBook Pro. The desktops randomly change location. I keep Mail/Calendar in a split-view window on the leftmost desktop. At least I try to. Right now it's moved itself to the rightmost position. Using external monitors really messes things up. When working in my home office I have a 3 display setup (I attach two external monitors). I like lots of screen real estate. It's not unusual for me to unplug the monitors to take my computer with me and then return to my desk and plug them back in. Yosemite was excellent at restoring the locations of each of the desktops. El Capitan mostly gets it right but frequently one or more of the full screen apps will be totally black. Moving the mouse to the top will not bring down the menubar. My only option is to quit the app and restart it. Other times the desktop is shifted up so that a portion of the screen is out of view. I attribute this to the fact that the resolution is different between my external monitors and the MacBook display. As a software developer I hate to see this stuff. It just reeks of poor testing.

Atheist
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2015, 08:16 AM

Well... it seems that the rearranging of desktops is by design! I've unchecked the "Automatically rearrange Spaces based on most recent use" option. That may very well have been there in earlier versions but I must have had it turned off. I guess it reset itself. Can't imagine why anyone would want the desktops to move around like that but we all have different needs.

Doc HM
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2015, 12:02 PM

On my third re install of EC now. First to update from Yosemite. 2nd when the Mac suddenly refused to boot or recognize a system and now third when in the middle of installing onto another drive from my Mac the installation hung and decided to leave my boot drive, well unboorable. Not had to reinstall an OS so frequently for a long time.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

waveman68
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2015, 07:21 AM

I have the same flakey resize problem as you, but generally without the SDHC card. It's driving me nuts!!!

I would love to report this to Apple, but you have to do extra homework to find out how.
New bugs in 10.11:

5. Sometimes, when an SDHC card is inserted and multiple Finder tabs are open in multi-column, with two of them on the home folder of the SDHC card, upon scrolling in multi-column view through the SDHC card folders to a desired image, then typing Command-C to show all volumes (still in multi-column view), highlighting the image of the SDHC card, and ejecting it via Command-E, and then closing that tab, the bottom of the Finder window will suddenly jump in size (on my display, from maybe 400 pixels tall to about 800 pixels tall). This was NOT a problem in 10.10.

Ham Sandwich
Feb 29, 2016, 03:33 PM

Can someone else confirm this behavior?

12. Since updating from the 10.11 beta to 10.11.2 public release, OS X has increasingly mis-applied clicks between applications. Sometimes, the previous application will stay active, while a pre-existing window in the new application does not show in the "active" window state
Here is a more specific procedure that you can test:

1. Open this page in Safari.
2. Open a blank TextEdit window (you can use plain or rich text), and make sure that the TextEdit window is out of the way of the Safari window.
3. In Safari, highlight a bunch of text.
4. As you drag your cursor over from the Safari window to the TextEdit window, immediately, as in, less than the blink of an eye, quickly press Command-C to copy the text and immediately click into your TextEdit window.

^ Instead of the application switching to TextEdit, "Safari" will remain at the top left of the menu bar, even though the shadow for your Safari window appears to have faded as if it wasn't active anymore. Sometimes this happens, but other times, it does not happen. This seems to be an issue between nearly any two different applications.

Step 4 keeps interrupting my workflow, so that when I go to press Command-V, as if I was in TextEdit, instead, it's pasting into Safari, not into TextEdit. I have to remind myself to click into the TextEdit window a second time just to get it to work.

Another major frustration: I repeat steps 1-3, but decide that I want to close my TextEdit window (via Command-W), so I go to Step 4, but without copying, and instinctively think that Command-W will close TextEdit once I click on it. Nope, it closed my Safari tab instead and I just lost my work flow.

When this happens, it is extremely frustrating.

Does anyone else have this issue, and how exactly would I report this?

HappyPhil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2016, 08:14 PM

If I were enjoying having my MacBook Pro crash whenever I am in the middle of a creative project, I might overlook the herky jerky cursor movement when sizing objects, or using brushes, but I have to report that El Capitan is just another step away from the dependable elegance that was OS X Mountain Lion. My iPhone is fine with iOS 9.2.1, but I really don't want an iPhone experience on my Mac computers. The sad thing is the improvements and new versions of the Apps I use wont run on Mountain Lion. Otherwise I could just reinstall Mountain Lion and continue the Apple magic experience without the constant upgrades and notifications that can't be shut off. If people wanted Growl on their Macs, it would have become popular when it was introduced years ago. That is just the tip of the iceberg of bad development that has been going on. If you haven't screwed up your Mac with El Capitan, don't bother downloading this piece of Windows style aggravation.

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 6, 2016, 11:14 AM

I'm sorry you aren't happy with El Capitan, Phil. It's been stellar for me and my wife. My 2007 iMac runs great (faster than with Yosemite), her unibody MacBook is running fine, and my 2013 MBP runs it great. Of course my 2006 MBP can't run it - it's a Core 2 machine and just doesn't have the processor to support El Capitan - but that's OK for me.

I have no issues with any of the updates for either OS X or iOS except for the way iOS handles iBooks (it doesn't back up your non-iBook store library unless you explicitly do so, mostly because for some reason it's not linked to iTunes).

In my experience, most oddness with OS X and iOS upgrades comes from oddness that was there already, like specialized apps and hardware. Most of the time, people who UNinstall their specialized hardware (digitizing tablets, etc.) before upgrading the OS and then reinstall afterward, report not only success but better performance of the hardware - assuming the hardware maker has bothered to keep up with drivers.

Similarly, iOS upgrades work fine unless you have old apps that aren't compatible, or that the authors haven't bothered to keep current. You can't blame an OS for apps being screwy if the app writers aren't trying to keep their products working.

Again, sorry you aren't happy, but I think you're in the minority on this.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Ham Sandwich
Jul 25, 2016, 07:41 PM

Can someone else confirm this behavior?

12. Since updating from the 10.11 beta to 10.11.2 public release, OS X has increasingly mis-applied clicks between applications. Sometimes, the previous application will stay active, while a pre-existing window in the new application does not show in the "active" window state
Here is a more specific procedure that you can test:
I found another example of this mis-activation bug.

Here is a somewhat simpler example that you can test.

Open a Finder window, and go into multi-column view. (Probably any view will work.)

Below it, open Console (in Applications > Utilities), so have a Finder window above the Console window, for ease of seeing both.

This procedure is simple. Click on any item in either the Finder window, or any message in the Console. Press Command-C (as if to copy, but don't paste, just press Command-C) then immediately after Command-C quickly move the cursor to the other window then CLICK on it (if in Finder, then click in Console; if in Console, then click in Finder). Repeat this Copy-quick-click a few times.

That's it.

You are GUARANTEED to see this bug, especially if you click on the window while the cursor is still being dragged... or often what will happen is the click will seem to not register at all except the thing you clicked on may be grayed out, instead of blue.

Apple.
GET.
THIS.
FIXED.
This is extremely aggravating.
GET IT FIXED.

Has anyone else seen this?

What about in 10.12 beta? Is this fixed?

People. Everyone who has seen this get this reported to Apple. They won't listen to my reports. Tell them get this fixed.

And just to prove it's not my computer, I also reproduced this bug at two laptops at our tech store: a 15" Pro Macbook 2015 and a 13" Pro Macbook 2015.
( Last edited by Ham Sandwich; Jul 29, 2016 at 09:20 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules