Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > what's my iMac G4 worth?

what's my iMac G4 worth?
Rev2Liv
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2006, 05:21 AM

Hey guys,

I was hoping you super intelligent Mac folk could tell me what my iMac G4 is worth. It's been in the family for close to 3 or 4 years now and due to kitchen renovations, will no longer fit. Here are the specs:

iMac G4
15" LCD 1024x768
800mhz G4
384mb SDRAM
SuperDrive

Of course it comes with the original box, manual, keyboard, stereo speakers and is in immaculate condition.

What could I realistically expect to get for this trusty steed?

BTW, we're going in the direction of getting a fixed wall mounted iMac G5 or Intel iMac in the same area if the electrician can come up with a flexible way to put the wires inside the wall and let the end user change wires as need be all while meeting building code of course.

thanks in advance y'all.

badnewsblair
Senior User
Oct 3, 2006, 09:23 AM

So it is one of the "lamp" iMacs with the positional arm? All of the original equipment is a nice touch. Shows you loved that machine. However, because of the smaller LCD I am going to say about $400. That's just a guess. Someone else might have a better idea. I could be way off.
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

ChasingApple
Senior User
Oct 3, 2006, 11:08 AM

It is hard to say with the G4's, I know of a lot of people willing to pay more because of the form factor alone, but also they are slower and people know they can get better for less. So honestly I don't think there is a sure fire answer here. Perhaps Ebay is a good route to judge? See what the going price on there is for your setup and adjust for condition / accessories.
iMac G4 / Macbook

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2006, 01:46 PM

I'd be willing to pay $300 right here and now for a computer for my brother.

PM me if you're interested.
Linkinus is king.

Forum Links
Forum Rules