Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Ghost Recon players - VERY strange behavior

Ghost Recon players - VERY strange behavior
Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2003, 08:04 PM

I have recently been playing the Zebra Straw mission from Ghost Recon. Instead of trying to save the tank, after killing the soldiers you find in the original assault, I fire several grenades from the OICW from the gap in the wall looking down and over the battlefield. This gets all of the enemy forces in an uproar and allows me to have a big battle against an enemy who is constantly approaching and firing instead of the usual fixed piece battles one gets in GR.

Playing this way last night, the game did something I had never seen before. I had advanced with all my men alive. I had one machine gunner in the ruins of the church covering that approach, and a sniper and a rifleman in one of the shell holes just below the hill in the northeast part of the map, covering the hill and the approach of road leading out of the map. I had three men in a team working their way through the abandoned buildings and shell holes across the street from the old church. As I moved my men across the landscape, I took out an enemy soldier drawing a bead on me, and was aiming to another, when the enemy soldier raised his hands and surrendered! I have never, ever seen this before. The only game endings I have seen on that level were either 1) destroying the two mobile artillery pieces or 2) killing all the enemy soldiers. But this dude surrendered!

An end-of-game screen popped up, but I clicked it away out of habit, so I have no idea of it said anything interesting. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Don Pickett  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2003, 07:55 PM

So, um, that's a no?

CobraMantis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2003, 12:39 PM

Hmmm...very interesting. I have not experienced this before, and didn't even know the enemies could surrender. I'll have to check this out...

Forum Links
Forum Rules