Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Macally BTkey - Slim, BT, $50 MSRP

Macally BTkey - Slim, BT, $50 MSRP
rozwado1
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2005, 11:18 AM

I'm surprised there's no threads on this yet. This keyboard is the Apple BT keyboard KILLAR!!!111!!!

The Macally BTKey is an ice white, stylish, bluetooth keyboard with enhanced low profile keycaps to reduce key stroke travel distance and ease the pressure on your finger tips. You'll find the BTKey fits perfectly with all your new Macintosh desktop computers.

Features:
� Working distance up to 33 ft
� CD eject, volume control and power button
� Thin keycaps with a sensitive and responsive touch
� Ice white finish to match your Mac
� Low profile for easy storage inside a keyboard drawer

MSRP:
� $49.99
Any info on a release date?

ghostgrrl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2005, 01:57 PM

Last week, I had actually emailed Macally customer support to ask when this BT keyboard will become available, as I have seen it on their website for at least six weeks now with the "coming soon" label on this product's description page. I was told there was no official release date (as of last week anyway), but that it looks like it will be at least a couple of months.
12" PowerBook 1.5gHz/100gb hd/SD/1.25 gb RAM

rozwado1  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 08:49 PM

An email I received today:
In regards to your question the BTKEY will have the same scissor-key switch mechanism. We do not have a detailed image of the BTKEY at this time because we have not seen any golden samples. We are expecting the golden samples in 2 weeks.

We do not have an ETA for the release of the BTKEY. With this being said we do not expect a release for 1-2 months minimum. Please check our website for updates.

We appreciate your inquiry. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at the number below. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Timmy Tsai
Macally Account Executive
Tel: 1-626-338-8787 ext.106
http://www.macally.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules