Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > anyone got a 23 acd recently..are problem fixed?

anyone got a 23 acd recently..are problem fixed?
cql
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2005, 11:50 PM

Has anyone got a 23 ACD recently or seen any recent production...are the problems with colors and white spots fixed yet? I'm planning to purchase one soon.

ghostgrrl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2005, 02:59 PM

well, I had first went to go order a 23" ACD a couple of months ago, but after hearing about the weird tint issues I decided to cancel it until I heard more from users in this and other forums. There seemed to be a lull as far as user complaints go. that coupled with the recent price drop, I decided to go for it. just got it today and I must say, this is one pretty impressive display! no bad pixels, no strange pinkish/yellowish/grayish tint that I'd heard about. pretty much plug and play. had it set up in less than ten minutes. it dwarfs my little 12" rev d powerbook display! wanted to see something on screen that would really show off color, so I put in a DVD, an animated movie called "Waking Life" and the colors are bright and vivid. and in contrast, put in another movie called "Pi" and the black and white movie on this display was quite striking. very happy with my 23" ACD so far (3 whole hours into it!)
12" PowerBook 1.5gHz/100gb hd/SD/1.25 gb RAM

solagratia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2005, 09:50 PM

Hi Ghostg,

can you report what's your serial number? This might give us some idea of the production generation.

Originally Posted by ghostgrrl
well, I had first went to go order a 23" ACD a couple of months ago, but after hearing about the weird tint issues I decided to cancel it until I heard more from users in this and other forums. There seemed to be a lull as far as user complaints go. that coupled with the recent price drop, I decided to go for it. just got it today and I must say, this is one pretty impressive display! no bad pixels, no strange pinkish/yellowish/grayish tint that I'd heard about. pretty much plug and play. had it set up in less than ten minutes. it dwarfs my little 12" rev d powerbook display! wanted to see something on screen that would really show off color, so I put in a DVD, an animated movie called "Waking Life" and the colors are bright and vivid. and in contrast, put in another movie called "Pi" and the black and white movie on this display was quite striking. very happy with my 23" ACD so far (3 whole hours into it!)

ghostgrrl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2005, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by solagratia
Hi Ghostg,

can you report what's your serial number? This might give us some idea of the production generation.
I'm at work right now, but as soon as I get home, I'll post the information. how would you know by the serial number the time frame in which the ACD was produced?
12" PowerBook 1.5gHz/100gb hd/SD/1.25 gb RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules