Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Information!! Core 2 Duo!!

New Information!! Core 2 Duo!!
skitzogreg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2006, 11:07 AM

I have sent something into Appleinsider, but whether they will find me as a credible source, I don't know. Anyway, there is another thread about "when will my macbook get here", but I really feel this doesn't fall in that category. After my Macbook was ordered on Aug. 23 I kept getting delays. It was supposed to ship Sept.1, but that hasn't happened. It is now supposed to ship on the 5th, and arrive on the 8th. I called support (again) and asked if my computer had been shipped. The lady said no, but it will be here next week. I asked her about the upgrades and she did NOT deny like she had previously. She confirmed that I can "wait" and leave it unopened and they will return mine.... so wait a second. They are not denying the Macbook is going to be upgraded again. She even put a note on my acccount that I was waiting until this "event" on Tuesday so I can send it back in if I get it earlier. I don't know about you guys, but this in my opinion confirms the upgrade. I would now wait to order your Macbook until the 12th.

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 11:21 AM

I would be surprised if any Apple employees not directly involved in the design/manufacture of products know anything more about new releases than the general public do.
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

skitzogreg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by harrisjamieh
I would be surprised if any Apple employees not directly involved in the design/manufacture of products know anything more about new releases than the general public do.
Good point. However, I brought up the upgrade a few days ago, and they said that it isn't likely (blah, blah). Today, they were like "we understand" and "we will put a note for the 12th that you might return yours, don''t open it". I understand they usually don't know about it, but it's 9 days away and shipments are dwindling. My university isn't getting any in now, and they are top priority. It's sort of all adding up together.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 3, 2006, 12:00 PM

They know what everybody else knows.

They're just being nice to some kid by noting the return option (which you'd pretty much have anyway on an unopened product - at your shipping cost) 'cuz they figure it won't hurt anybody.

craigb6
Sep 3, 2006, 01:10 PM

skitzogreg did you get your MacBook customised, ie. did you get it upgraded, or did you get the stock models?
MacBook 2.0GHz | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD
http://craigb6.blogspot.com/

skitzogreg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by craigb6
skitzogreg did you get your MacBook customised, ie. did you get it upgraded, or did you get the stock models?

It was a custom order.

craigb6
Sep 3, 2006, 04:55 PM

Ok. Cool, I ordered one on the 28th Aug, should arrive about 15th September, so hopefully if it is updated I may also be able to get the newer one.
MacBook 2.0GHz | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD
http://craigb6.blogspot.com/

SuperJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 8, 2006, 11:12 AM

I was under the impression that you couldn't return a custom order Mac.
MacBook 2.0 White- 2GB RAM

dissapointed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 8, 2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by SuperJ
I was under the impression that you couldn't return a custom order Mac.
Assuming that you are in the states, and that you actually receive it before the 12th, wont the following put a dent in your plans:
"Please note that Apple does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:

1. Product that is custom configured to your specifications...

...Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized product may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless DOA."

Sales and Refunds Policy

Wouldnt the fact that whoever you're dealing with doesnt appear to know apple's own sales conditions also indicate that she has no idea whatsoever about any official release dates for updated models and at best is having a guess like you are?

Perhaps you should rename this thread, "New RUMOUR!! Core 2 Duo"?

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 8, 2006, 09:56 PM

ahh you have to love rumors. anybody can start one about anything and people will believe it. anyways if apple chooses to release a macbook core 2 duo it will not be in the next few months. they are going to see how this macbook works and try to work ou flaws with it before they release a new macbook.

HouseSold
Senior User
Sep 9, 2006, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by frankthetank966
ahh you have to love rumors. anybody can start one about anything and people will believe it. anyways if apple chooses to release a macbook core 2 duo it will not be in the next few months. they are going to see how this macbook works and try to work ou flaws with it before they release a new macbook.
The loss of PR and market lead to competitors far outweighs the state of affairs in problem solving. There have been others' posting (here and other forums, including Apple's discussions) switching from a MacBook to the PC Duo equivalent after RSD and heat and no solutions.

My money's on a quick changeover no matter how subtle.

Dell, Toshiba, Acer, HP, Gateway et al are delivering as we type their variants of C2D machines.

There is no cost difference in processors used, only nomenclature.

Intel Core 2 Duo Merom Laptops and Information (constantly being updated!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules