Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How long will it take for my macbook to get here

How long will it take for my macbook to get here (Page 3)
skitzogreg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2006, 06:44 PM

I ordered mine August 23rd. It was est. to ship September 1st, and arrive September 11th (with 2 day shipping?). I just called them and they said it would be delayed. So far they have knocked off $80 from my order and given me 2 day shipping. I am about to call them and tell them to delay it until at least the 8th because with the formal announcement of the press conference 12 days after the release of the Core 2 Duo, we are [almost] guaranteed to get that chip in our orders. At this point I don't want to cancel, because if they can hold off til' the 8th then if I did get a Core Duo instead of a 2 Duo I can send it back. 64 bit is worth waiting for since I don't plan to upgrade any time soon. Sorry for you guys that are in the same boat.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2006, 07:34 PM

so i live an hour away from Atlanta and i called the store at Lenox and they said they had plently of 1gb ram 80gb hard drive macbooks so i cancelled my order and drove up and bought one.

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2006, 07:43 PM

Does anybody here know about FEDEX shipping? I couldn't find any answers on their website: Here goes, since my macbook is considered as "international" shipping is the package still affected by the holiday on Monday? If it is, does anybody know if we can somehow ask FEDEX if we can pay a fee over the phone to expedite the shipping...it seems my macbook arrived a few hours ago in ANCHORAGE; it would seem that they would be able to get it to me before my expected arrival on the 7th. (as I state earlier I am going on a business trip on the 6th, so I hope to have it available to take it on that trip).

HarriganC
Forum Regular
Sep 2, 2006, 10:57 PM

So, my order was guaranteed by September 1st, and didn't go out, and is now delayed until 14th. This was a replacement order, so I called my contact at customer relations, that set up the replacement and just said it is ridiculous, I am done waiting, I have been w/o the machine since Aug. 9th, and I truly need the computer for school, and I didn't place a last minute order, if my original machne that I bought in May didn't fail, I wouldn't be in the position. Anywho, I guess the Apple stores stock "Ultimate MacBooks" which have the same specs as my CTO, so the rep. set me up to pick up a replacement at my local apple store, which I wish could have been done earlier. Anyway, this should be my last post in this thread, now I will hope a get a functional machine. Best Wishes to everyone else.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 04:11 AM

My delayed MB is on its way! I will update. 9/7 it arrives

bklam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2006, 04:22 AM

9/6 12pm for me.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 3, 2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by neverskatewsandles
Like you wouldnt do the same thing screw u
o ya of course we all do.

I have my car insurance running on the name of a dead guy of course so as too get betur rats and i rooteenly use my hommeowners insurynce to get the newest cool computor stuff every few months.

Then i go online to complane if theyre taking to long to pay up.

You know it doesnt matter everybody does it you would too.

Its not "fraud" btw if you dont know what that spells.

gldfsh419
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2006, 10:06 AM

Boyfriend's MacBook was ordered on 8/22, shipped on 9/2, due to arrive 9/7. According to FedEx, it's currently in Alaska with a status of "Int'l Shipping Release". Woohoo! Are a lot of the rest of you seeing similar shipping information? It seemed to me that there was quite a dry spell there for a bit, but he had a customized machine (120 GB HD).

Just askin'.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 04:41 PM

Sep 3, 2006 8:51 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

I am at the southern tip of Lake Michigan (a few miles south of it, actually), and in a southern suburb of chicago. So, it isn't far away now. I used to track UPS shipments when I had stuff coming in that I bought off of eBay. They always seemed to age a few days in a town called Crown Point, a few miles south of my house.

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2006, 05:01 PM

My macbook is now in Memphis! However, my shipping status still has an expected delivery of Sept. 7th.

gldfsh419
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2006, 12:51 AM

Ours has left Memphis, bound for SE Minnesota. Still has a projected delivery date of 9/7 in the a.m., but we're hoping that will be revised for late Tues. or Wed. We managed to get expedited shipping from them, so I'm hoping that will help. Fingers crossed...

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2006, 01:44 AM

My macbook arrived in Phoenix a few hours ago (tracking slow to update), it is now only a few hours from me. This should indicate that I should get my macbook on Tuesday. It would seem ridiculous to hold until the 7th. I have had ups do that to me; A package arrived a couple of days earlier than scheduled and they waited until the "delivery" date to get it to me. Man, hopefully fedex can find it in their hearts to deliver it sooner.

gldfsh419
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2006, 10:03 AM

Package is "On FedEx Vehicle for delivery" as of 7:52am today. Woot!

gldfsh419
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2006, 10:42 AM

It's here, it's here! (The phonebooks are here...)

:-)

Marco338
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by gldfsh419
Package is "On FedEx Vehicle for delivery" as of 7:52am today. Woot!
man lucky you! I guess my "local fedex destination" is very slow; my macbook has been sitting in Phoenix since Sunday morning. I understand yesterday was a holiday, but not even getting it into a truck this morning, ahhhh!

Update:

It seems that Fedex was having "technical difficulties" with updating the tracking; my macbook has been delivered!! Can't wait to get home from work and play with it!
( Last edited by Marco338; Sep 5, 2006 at 03:06 PM. )

neverskatewsandles  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2006, 10:05 PM

got here tuesday yay
2ghz macbook /120gb hd ,1gb ram, superdrive/iwork

hannelore
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 13, 2006, 12:36 AM

Ordered mine on August 18th, found out today the NEW estimated ship date is Sept. 21st...of course this is the third time they've changed it so I don't have my fingers crossed yet.

HouseSold
Senior User
Sep 13, 2006, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by hannelore
Ordered mine on August 18th, found out today the NEW estimated ship date is Sept. 21st...of course this is the third time they've changed it so I don't have my fingers crossed yet.

Be patient..............

Now that the iTunes/iPod event has passed, expect a quiet, no fanfare announcement to surprise everyone (if history repeats itself) iMacs and Minis already updated, all that are left are MacBooks and MBP's to quietly arrive Meromed without stealing another products thunder.
Ever notice the last volley at a July 4th fireworks show. (better than the beginning, save the best for last)............and one more thing...........
I'd be patient and watch the ending dates of current promos at Apple Stores and Apple Education stuff.

Apple won't be left out of the Merom competition upgrades like they were slightly behind on the movie downloads store, but Apple's puts some of the others to shame.

Forum Links
Forum Rules