Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New MBP C2D arrivals please post here

New MBP C2D arrivals please post here (Page 6)
rach
Forum Regular
Nov 29, 2006, 06:37 PM

I got my C2D MBP today i waited about a month for it to come. Everything seems to be ok except the Airport it will not connect at all. I tried it in Windows as well and the Airport is not recognised there either. Seeing as this is a new replacement for an incorrect model MBP CD that was shipped out to me and prior to that i had multiple problems with my CD MBP i really didn't want to have any problems with this one. I am hoping it is a software issue that can be resolved without me needing to return this.

dennisuello
Dec 4, 2006, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
Ordered 15" Glossy, 2.33 on Saturday through MacConnection. Can't wait to get it. Order status says on backorder 1-2 weeks.
Got it this morning. And it's my birthday. It's great!!

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2007, 09:08 PM

I got mine on Jan. 22, 2007 and it's awesome. Glossy is beautiful!
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

Ghigster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2007, 06:32 AM

Got mine 3 days ago and I freaking love it, runs everything great

freudling
Banned
Jan 27, 2007, 07:45 PM

Been a mac user for a long time. This is an example of many years of research and development, from 1990 to now. It is amazing. Very fast, everything is awesome.

Only a few issues. Battery life so far could be better. Also, the ac adapter is pretty big. The screen is a tad grainy, but I don't mind. I got the matte screen.

9.2/10

Why is this such a great buy? Because it won't be outdated for a while. It has true 64-bit processing for Leopard, unlike pervious iterations. It has the express card slot for SATA. Has Firewire 400 and 800. Remote control is cool. Built in camera. SATA hard drive. DVI. Fast RAM and a decent graphics card. The C2Duo chipset should give us all plenty of power with Leopard.

amanmann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2007, 11:42 PM

Got mine a couple of days back..Screen has the grain effect and I went back to the store to confirm that all 15" and 17" have it.... Also my superdrive makes a roaring noise when reading a written disk..Showed to the genius and according to him as long as it is reading the disk it's fine...there's nothing wrong with it... Finally managed to convince the applecare people that the noise is anything but normal..and they have agreed to replace or refund ...i'm getting my money back and probably wait for a revision....

MajikalMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2007, 12:26 AM

I wanted to wait for the next revisions at Macworld but seeing that Steve was gonna make me wait a bit longer, I finally caved in and bought a 2.16 MB Pro. I just hope that one isn't gonna be released anytime soon. For now, I do not regret the purchase. Since I've had it, it's like I've been liberated from my stationary Mac Mini. I get to hang out at coffee shops, friends' places, various other areas around campus, and roam around wherever I want, all the while carrying the power of endless productivity in my hand.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 04:09 AM

I've returned to the fold. I picked up a new MacBook Pro this weekend. It's a pretty big upgrade from the PowerBook G4 I was using previously.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 31, 2007, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by seanyepez View Post
It's a pretty big upgrade from the PowerBook G4 I was using previously.
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Going from my 1.67 GHz G4 PB to the 2.0 GHz CD MBP was probably one of the largest performance increases I ever experienced with portable Macs. The following upgrade to the 2.33 GHz C2D was nothing like that. (It was still good though.)

buddy1065  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2007, 12:36 PM

Didn't think this thread would be hangin around this long when I started it. Only thing I would like to see improved is more USB ports, but so far my MBP C2d has been perfect. Here's some frame grabs I took from playing Oblivion on my 2.33 Ghz Macbook Pro using XP in Bootcamp. I created the main characters facial features, as this is a requirement in starting the game. Oblivion is my all time favorite, hands down, and the high quality resolution still amazes me.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...yT99/LARA5.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...yT99/LARA6.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...yT99/LARA7.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...99/Unicorn.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...ngradHouse.jpg
( Last edited by buddy1065; Jan 31, 2007 at 12:42 PM. )

PER3
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2007, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by seanyepez View Post
I've returned to the fold. I picked up a new MacBook Pro this weekend. It's a pretty big upgrade from the PowerBook G4 I was using previously.
So what happened? Why did you leave and then come back?

Just curious, as I remembered many posts and then a disappearance. I mean, people do occasionally die in the real world as well as on-line...

kaido
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2007, 04:43 PM

Those of you with C2D machines, how's the heat level? I'd love a 15" MBP, but my brother's CD MBP is a turn-off because of the high heat levels it puts out. I'm looking at a 2.33ghz model btw.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 31, 2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Those of you with C2D machines, how's the heat level? I'd love a 15" MBP, but my brother's CD MBP is a turn-off because of the high heat levels it puts out. I'm looking at a 2.33ghz model btw.
My C2D is considerably cooler to touch than my CD. Actually my C2D feels less warm on the outside than my 1.67 GHz PB G4.

kaido
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
My C2D is considerably cooler to touch than my CD. Actually my C2D feels less warm on the outside than my 1.67 GHz PB G4.
That is great to know. When I visited my (semi) local Mac store and played with the Core Duo MBP's, every single one was hotter than Tickle-Me Elmo at Christmas. Aside from the heat, I thought they were great - nice and slim, lightweight for the size (13" MacBook feels like a brick to me for some reason), great screen (hated the G4 screens, not nearly bright enough), etc. I use my brother's 15" CD MBP when I visit him and I'm always impressed by it. Maybe another trip is in order

mergemedia
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2007, 07:33 AM

with 2GB of RAM, my 1st generation MBP serves me well. I can't see myself getting the C2D just to get a slightly better video card and a bigger HDD. I use an external NAS when I'm at home anyway, and if I want to play video games, I have a dell xps with a 7950 GTX.

sab
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2007, 05:35 PM

I got mine yesterday 31-1-2007

LOVE IT

i will never go back to PC

Once you go MAC,you will never go back
Pc user Convert to MBP C2D 2.16 15" glossy 120gb,1gb ram
owner since 31-1-2007 5:21pm :)

MajikalMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2007, 01:02 AM

Heat level is definetly tolerable on my 2.16 GHz against my lap, although it is winter time. I don't if I'll be able to tolerate it in the summer where it averages 90˚.

Forum Links
Forum Rules