Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Apple Care fast and good service...

Apple Care fast and good service...
Lorinserbenz
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2004, 02:05 AM

Most people (myself included) usually only post about Apple Care when they have a bad experience.
Well I sent my Powerbook in for a screen swap and it came back in the same condition I sent it in. No scratches and no srtipped screws. I got my unit back in a total of 2 days.
After reading some posts about PB's coming back scratched etc... I was nervous sending mine in. All is well and my Powerbook looks as good as new!

Pierre B.
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2004, 05:44 AM

Originally posted by Lorinserbenz:
I got my unit back in a total of 2 days.
Glad to hear it worked nicely. But where they do repairs that quickly? In Europe, I had once to send for repair a Powerbook, and I learned this (or whatever hardware repair) takes in general 15 working days, that is, counting the weekends, you have to wait 3 weeks total!

Quinn
Jan 21, 2004, 07:55 AM

Apple Europe have improved a LOT recently. I have had to send some items in recently. 2 came back within 48 hours and one was within 72 hours.

This is from Italy. They repaired the macs and shipped them out on the same day they received them.

John G. Stillmank
Jan 28, 2004, 06:46 PM

I sent my Powerbook in for screen replacement (white spots and uneven illumination). I waited a couple months until I was sure Apple had solved the problem.

They sent me an AppleCare box and I shipped it out on a Monday evening at 5:00 p.m. It was back in my hands by noon on Wednesday.

It's perfect and that was fast service - 39 hours! Thanks AppleCare!

Shaughn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2004, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by John G. Stillmank:
I sent my Powerbook in for screen replacement (white spots and uneven illumination). I waited a couple months until I was sure Apple had solved the problem.

They sent me an AppleCare box and I shipped it out on a Monday evening at 5:00 p.m. It was back in my hands by noon on Wednesday.

It's perfect and that was fast service - 39 hours! Thanks AppleCare!
Please let us know if the screen stays fixed. Many of us with the uneven illumination problem have had their screen swapped out, only to find that the replacement would exhibit the uneven illumination again in a matter of weeks.

~S~

powertoburn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2004, 11:16 PM

I shipped my 17" off Monday 1/26 at 4:30pm and I got my machine back 10:30AM Wednesday 1/28

All is well with my screen again and Apple even included a 65W charger with thicker cord

phantomo
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 29, 2004, 06:21 AM

Here in Hong Kong, I brought in my PB to get screen replacement (uneven illumination), have it back in 6 days because they are gettings parts from Singapore. Overall, good service. Oh, no scratch after repair.
15"MBP/C2D2.4GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD
15"MBP/C2D2.16GHz/3GB RAM/250GB HD
12"PB/1GHz/768MB/60GB/SuperDrive/AE
iPhone 8GB/iPod video 30GB

DavidRac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2004, 05:03 PM

I think the service depends on the item, how busy they are, etc. I've had 2 day turnaround, but I've also had a week's time elapse before they even responded to the problem. And what they consider warranty work is interesting -- the fringe on the slot drive of my 15" Al PB came undone, and they refused to fix it under warranty, claiming it was a "customer abuse" issue. How they think I pulled those little things out, I'm not sure.....

Forum Links
Forum Rules