Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The new Hummer H3

The new Hummer H3 (Page 4)
powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by His Dudeness
That's what I drive now. It's selling pretty well, not as well as the 300/300C. And the new Charger can't stay on the lots.
The new charger is a disgrace. You can't even GET a manual. Pathetic.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 03:09 PM

I like humping soccermoms in their Suburbans.
I, ASIMO.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2005, 03:14 PM

Huh, that Charger barely gets better gas mileage than my Titan in the city, which is where I do most of my driving (expect on our vacation road trips -- though we tend to take our G35, then).

Maury
( Last edited by RAILhead; Jun 28, 2005 at 03:44 PM. )
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

His Dudeness  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by powertrippin
The new charger is a disgrace. You can't even GET a manual. Pathetic.

Who needs a manual when you have 340 hp? Trust me, you don't. There's more than enough power in that Hemi.

His Dudeness  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
Huh, that Charger barely gets better gas mileage than my Titan in the city, which is where I do most of my driving (expect on our vacation road trip -- though we tend to take our G35, then).

Maury
In my Magnum, I have the 3.5 V-6 and I can routinely hit 400 miles on 15 gallons of gas.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 28, 2005, 03:43 PM

Who needs a manual when you have 340 hp? Trust me, you don't. There's more than enough power in that Hemi.
In a straight line, maybe not... but in driveability, a manual offers a lot more control. Let's say I'd like to accelerate briskly out of a corner. With a manual, I simply drop down a gear and drive off. With an auto, I have to punch the gas in order to get the transmission to drop down a gear for me, and then I look like a 16 year old driving a stolen car because the throttle is so far open! It sucks, and it can also lead to loss of traction.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2005, 07:27 PM

Hey Rambo, I got an email about penis enlargment, want me to forward them to you?
Nah. Who needs a penis when you have an H1?

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jun 29, 2005, 01:39 AM

All this hatred for SUVs and HUMMER. Why?

So, what of the following are acceptable for anyone to own?

Railroader
Banned
Jun 29, 2005, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by budster101

[awesome cars snipped hesitantly]
D. All of the above.

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jun 29, 2005, 06:22 AM

How about a real SUV instead of a pussyfied Hummer?

Link
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2005, 06:24 AM

How about something actually meant to go off the road that isn't a toyota landcruiser or wannabe thereof?

^ with room to stow junk in the back
Aloha

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2005, 07:49 AM

In my Magnum, I have the 3.5 V-6 and I can routinely hit 400 miles on 15 gallons of gas.
im sorry, but i have to call bullsh!t on this.

my VW Golf has a 15 gallon tank, and i can hit 400 miles on a tank of gas, but thats going to like "running on fumes of fumes" mode.

cmon now.

jasonsRX7
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2005, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by scaught

my VW Golf has a 15 gallon tank, and i can hit 400 miles on a tank of gas, but thats going to like "running on fumes of fumes" mode.

cmon now.
I thought so at first too, until I read this, which isn't far off from the 184 hp I6 in my car:
The Magnum comes standard with a 190-horsepower double-overhead-cam V6 that gets 21-28 miles per gallon
http://www.internetautoguide.com/new.../dodge/magnum/

jasonsRX7
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2005, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by effgee
I'll see your G class and raise you a Defender 90

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by jasonsRX7
I thought so at first too, until I read this, which isn't far off from the 184 hp I6 in my car:

http://www.internetautoguide.com/new.../dodge/magnum/
my car has a 115hp 2.0 liter engine (automatic trans).

i mean, i dont know much about cars but it just seems a bit fuzzy to me.

jasonsRX7
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2005, 08:27 AM

my car has a 115hp 2.0 liter engine (automatic trans).

i mean, i dont know much about cars but it just seems a bit fuzzy to me.
I drive a lot of highway miles and I get just over 27.1mpg. If he wasn't getting around 400 miles to 15 gallons on the highway, I'd think something was wrong.

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jun 29, 2005, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by jasonsRX7
I'll see your G class and raise you a Defender 90
The first image in my post above is a Defender 110 Station Wagon (the little window in the roofline is the give away) - mediocre "car", perfect SUV - I love it!

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2005, 10:01 AM

Huh, one word comes to mind when I see that: d0rky.

No thanks.

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jun 29, 2005, 10:59 AM

Huh, one word comes to mind when I see that: d0rky. No thanks.
I can see how the classic "shoe box" shape isn't for everyone - to each his/her own.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2005, 11:23 AM

I can see how the classic "shoe box" shape isn't for everyone - to each his/her own.

Yes -- and I meant to add that line.

Here's my truck, and my idea of a sweet ooking vehicle:

Maury

His Dudeness  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2005, 02:56 PM

cmon now.

Yeah, you're right. I'm lying.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 29, 2005, 11:55 PM

cmon now.
I have a 3.3 liter v6, and I can hit over 450 if I try. It's all in the gearing man. At 60mph, how many RPMs are you turning? My subaru turns 2500 rpms at 75mph. A friends VR6 6spd Jetta turns over 3200 rpms at the same speed, thus I get better MPG then him on the highwya, and can drive farther.

Same thing with a vette and an S2000. The C5 turns much lower RPMs on the highway, thus getting better range and mpg than the S2000 at the same speed, even with a much MUCH larger engine.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 29, 2005, 11:58 PM

>buncha car pics<
All of them. The classics won't be used for daily transportation, and the rest of them will provide much MUCH better handling, acceleration, braking, and comparable MPG to any hummer.

- Rob

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 12:09 AM

So,

You are determining when someone will be driving their "classic" cars...
Who cares what acceleration, braking, MPG any vehicle will get?

If I want and can afford a HUMMER then an ANTI-SUV Nazi like you won't deter me. Based on your posts and your obvious vulgar actions towards others, you are a Fascist and a jerk.

If you got the Ca$h, then you can get the Car. Your IP should be surgically removed.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 09:15 AM

So,

You are determining when someone will be driving their "classic" cars...
No. It's just that when you own an old car, you don't drive it in shitty weather, nor do you drive it all that often. Very rarely is it used as a daily. Even then, it's such a small small minority that it doesn't much matter what MPG it gets. SUVs, on the other hand, are not a small minority anymore.

Who cares what acceleration, braking, MPG any vehicle will get?
Obviously not morons like yourself. Jesus would though.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 10:05 AM

Thanks for conveniently parsing the passages from my post to suit your idiotic view of me.

The complete quotation would have made your response look like the rantings of a childish and petty person that you are:

"Who cares what acceleration, braking, MPG any vehicle will get? [you ommitted the second part] If I want and can afford a HUMMER then an ANTI-SUV Nazi like you won't deter me."

It's about freedom of choice, which is something you are obviously against...

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 10:18 AM

Thanks for conveniently parsing the passages from my post to suit your idiotic view of me.
Your welcome, but I don't see how I did that.

The complete quotation would have made your response look like the rantings of a childish and petty person that you are:
ORLY!?!

"Who cares what acceleration, braking, MPG any vehicle will get? If I want and can afford a HUMMER then an ANTI-SUV Nazi like you won't deter me."
Yeah. Because obviously you don't care about MPG, acceleration, braking, or safety. Why? Because you're an ignorant SUV enthusiast who believes none of those things matter. You're a dumbass. Jesus would care about those things.

It's about freedom of choice, which is something you are obviously against...
YEAH DUDE ! YOU TELL HIM! WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET DRUNKA ND DRIVE AND GET STONED AND FLY AIRPLANES AND BUY ROCKET LAUNCHERS AT WALMART!!!!

There's a good reason we have regulations on things, and SUVs are past due.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 10:28 AM

I don't OWN an SUV. I support the right to own one, unlike you who would dictate who drives what, and when..

I do care about MPG, but that is dictated by my budget, not someone like you saying I have to drive a car that gets so much MPG. I've stated numerous times which you have obviously ignored, that I am interested in obtaining a HYBRID SUV, or even a HUMMER Hybrid. Get your head out of your arse for one second.

I don't see how, calling me a dumbass, and saying "Jesus would care about those things." furthers your argument any.

"YEAH DUDE! YOU TELL HIM! WE SHOULD.... nonsense snipped."

What have any of my arguments have to do with "Drunk Driving, Getting Stoned and Flying a plane, or Rocket Launchers at Walmart?"

Drive a small car while drunk and you will most certainly cause an accident just like anything you drive...

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2005, 12:40 PM

All you guys are foolishly arguing.

Anyone who buys a pickup and doesn't carry plywood and sheetrock is my enemy. Its why people who, like, actually work hard and need a vehicle to do the same have to pay insanly jacked up prices for pickups now that its trendy to drive big vehicles. Like my dad, and now me. We actually use vehicles, and use em hard, but the people who want heated seats and 20 disc CD changers in their new trendy Cadillac shortbed POS make the rest of the truck market spike. Pickups used to be for farmers, now rich wives want them... WTF???

Everyone needs to get a life and buy a vehicle suited for their needs. Every H2 I've ever seen has 23" rims and drives around the concrete and styrofoam jungle that is my city. We had a 3 foot snowstorm here this winter and my FWD Intrepid handled it fine. Once again people with big egos need SUVs, barely anyone else does.

Oh yeah, my dad had a 1988 Suburban... and you can bet your bottom dollar it didn't have 3 climate controls, leather seats, or step up bars (for soccer moms). It had a 350 V-8, Heavy-Duty chassis, and a big metal rack on the top.... now THATS an SUV that had to work for a living.

So yeah, I think the H3 is trendy garbage that noone will use 10% of.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 12:59 PM

SO WHAT. Do you know what the word FREEDOM means? We have it.

I support their right to do so, no matter how silly. It comes with the package.
One cannot make a comparison to drunk driving etc. That's just stupid. If you hate them because they have the means and want such a vehicle, there is more wrong with you than them, IMHO.

I'm going to get a used Pickup because I can't afford the fancy ultra-versions, but so what? I don't mind, that's life. Deal with it in a mature manner for crying out loud.

I don't happen to like people that wear their emotions on their sleeves in public. They wear ribbons galore for a variety of causes, place rainbow stickers etc., on their cars. It's idiotic, but that is my opinion, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am a freedom person first. I just grin and bear it.

H3 isn't bad, I've seen one on the road, but I'd love to have an H2 in the garage, but that'll pass... I think.
I'll take the pickup and enjoy it.

I recall when I had my last pickup, everyone was my friend suddenly... who wanted to move, pickup, toss, or otherwise relocate something big. I didn't mind. I like helping people, and do plan on buying a fixer upper home and well, fixing it up.

There is an argument for buy what you can use, but it's not up to anyone to determine other's real needs. We buy our vehicles in many ways to represent ourselves. It's an extension, right or wrong. Young people like hotrods and minis as this is today's trends. When I was younger it was the firebird and muscle cars. Automobiles are often representative of our times and culture, much like Art. Why argue with that?

Just my more level headed two cents.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2005, 01:25 PM

I have a 3.3 liter v6, and I can hit over 450 if I try. It's all in the gearing man. At 60mph, how many RPMs are you turning? My subaru turns 2500 rpms at 75mph. A friends VR6 6spd Jetta turns over 3200 rpms at the same speed, thus I get better MPG then him on the highwya, and can drive farther.

Same thing with a vette and an S2000. The C5 turns much lower RPMs on the highway, thus getting better range and mpg than the S2000 at the same speed, even with a much MUCH larger engine.
that makes sense to me. thank you for the explanation.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2005, 01:25 PM

I see your point man but with sports cars at least they are fun to drive.

Yeah the Viper has a V-10 but it can do 200mph and brake like a bastard. The ONLY advantage I can see for someone buying a big SUV that they didn't need is to look big and bad. SUVs handle like crap, they brake like crap, and they are big and heavy so they accelerate like crap. Which then leaves me to believe what I already believe is that they are status symbols, much like these big puffed out houses I remodel for people who are there 2 weeks out of the year.

I have a bigger d**k then you, thats what its all about.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:28 PM

No it isn't. It's about their taste and what makes them happy. More spacious homes, bigger cars. You are a cold fish.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2005, 01:28 PM

I remember one time someone told me that, even though I haul dirt, mulch, lawn equipment and plants every other weekend (more frequently than that, in the summer) that I should freaking RENT a truck on the weekends when I need it, rather than own my own truck to do with as I please. Heh.

Yeah.

I'll get right on that.

So....if I decide to go ahead and swing by Lowe's or Home Depot today to go ahead and get a couple dozen 3 cu ft bags of mulch, I what -- try and shove them into my hybrid? Say to myself, "Drats! Even though I'm out of the office early and I'm going to drive right by the store, I still have to wait until this weekend to pick up the materials I need because it's wrong for me to want to drive a pickup"? I'm supposed to rent a truck every Thursday night for band practice so I can haul my bass, bass amp, pedalboard, guitar, guitar amp and all the other goodies that go along with it -- including all the various stage props we use every weekend?

Yeah.

I'll get right on that...

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2005, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by sek929

Yeah the Viper has a V-10 but it can do 200mph and brake like a bastard. The ONLY advantage I can see for someone buying a big SUV that they didn't need is to look big and bad. SUVs handle like crap, they brake like crap, and they are big and heavy so they accelerate like crap. Which then leaves me to believe what I already believe is that they are status symbols, much like these big puffed out houses I remodel for people who are there 2 weeks out of the year.

I have a bigger d**k then you, thats what its all about.
Couple of things...

1) I have no need to drive 200mph. My penis is adequately sized so that I don't care how fast I can go in a car.

2) My Titan brakes just fine.

3) My Titan handles as good as I need it to -- maybe you drive like an idiot, but I don't, so it's fine.

4) My Titan accelerates like a champ -- I have plenty of HP and torque to jump onto any freeway I need to. I'm not worried about beating people out the starting gate at a traffic light like you seem to be, because again: my penis is adequately sized so i don't car about that.

5) I live in a big, puffed-up house in the best neighborhood in our area of the county. Why? Because I want to, it's a great community, it's quiet, and I can afford to.

6) We're also buying a little modest vacation home out of town to spend a few weekend there each year. Why? because we can and because we can afford to.

7) You seem to be bitter toward those that have more material objects than you for some reason, and that's unfortunate.

8) Having nice things doesn't make one a "status-symbol seeker."

9) Grow up.

Maury

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:40 PM

I don't OWN an SUV. I support the right to own one, unlike you who would dictate who drives what, and when..
I support the RIGHT to own one if you actually need one. I don't support soccer moms getting one for trips to the grocery store. Just because it's a 'right' doesn't mean you should do it. It's very stupid to base your ideas of right and wrong on what's legal or not. Right and wrong come from higher up, not scraps of paper written by politicians.

that I am interested in obtaining a HYBRID SUV, or even a HUMMER Hybrid. Get your head out of your arse for one second.
Another stupid ****ing idea. Gee, a hybrid SUV gets a MPG almost as good as... gasp... A CAR!!!!!!! Too bad it still handles, brakes, and accelerates like ass along with a high chance of rollover.

What have any of my arguments have to do with "Drunk Driving, Getting Stoned and Flying a plane, or Rocket Launchers at Walmart?"
Think about it.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:43 PM

SO WHAT. Do you know what the word FREEDOM means? We have it.
Yeah, I'm sure my buddies in the special forces appreciate that sentiment. Just piss away everything people have died for, good idea.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by sek929
They're also safer, and they aren't driven all the time.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:45 PM

So....if I decide to go ahead and swing by Lowe's or Home Depot today to go ahead and get a couple dozen 3 cu ft bags of mulch, I what -- try and shove them into my hybrid?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2005, 01:48 PM

Uhhh...you're joking, right?

I don't think a John Deere GT275 will fit back there, man. Not only that, I'd have to be a soccer mom or an old bitty to drive one of those -- too freaking ugly.

MAury

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:49 PM

Yeah, I'm sure my buddies in the special forces appreciate that sentiment. Just piss away everything people have died for, good idea.
Your buddies in special forces? wow. I'm impressed. Maybe they know my buddies...
Did you have a point there? None of your "buddies" drive SUVs? riiiigggghhhtt.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:54 PM

Couple of things...
Indeed.

1) I have no need to drive 200mph. My penis is adequately sized so that I don't care how fast I can go in a car.
Fair enough. Not everyone is a speed freak. However, having a lot of power does give you more control. You can get the hell out of the way if something is going to happen. One time I was turning left through an intersection and there was this saturn that was obviously going way too fast and was planning on running the redlight. I slammed my foot down, and the 383 roared to life and shot my old 68 charger right outta the way, avoiding an accident.

2) My Titan brakes just fine.

Not what I've heard:

http://www.lemonlawcenter.com/brake-problems.htm

and

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef2432e

and as for the specs themselves, they're okay, but not very great. Almost any car can outbrake it, so please don't tailgate cars in that thing.

3) My Titan handles as good as I need it to -- maybe you drive like an idiot, but I don't, so it's fine.
It's fine until something unexpected happens. A car swerves on its brakes, someone walks out in the street, an animal crosses the road. Then that high CG, soft suspension, and poor suspension geometry are going to bite you in the ass.

5) I live in a big, puffed-up house in the best neighborhood in our area of the county. Why? Because I want to, it's a great community, it's quiet, and I can afford to.
Congrats. I personally think all these new 'beige' puffed up trophy homes are boring as all hell and look pathetic, but hey. It looks good to park your beige SUV in front of and while getting ready for the golf trip with your coworkers who showed up in their beige camrys and beige acura MDXs.... but that's not me. If that's what you like, cool. >shrug<

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:55 PM

Your buddies in special forces? wow. I'm impressed. Maybe they know my buddies...
Did you have a point there? None of your "buddies" drive SUVs? riiiigggghhhtt.
One of them has a ram truck..which he uses for.... truck like things. He also has an 88 buick GN.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 01:57 PM

Uhhh...you're joking, right?

I don't think a John Deere GT275 will fit back there, man. Not only that, I'd have to be a soccer mom or an old bitty to drive one of those -- too freaking ugly.
I thought your penis size was fine? As for lawnmowers, a normal lawnmower will easily fit in one. Not sure about the model you mentioned, but you didn't mention the model specifically before.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 02:01 PM

One of them has a ram truck..which he uses for.... truck like things. He also has an 88 buick GN.
Is that the technical term? "Truck-like-things... so he gets a pass...

You'll find that many people, even in the Special Forces, would disagree with you. Would you dare call them dumbasses?

The thing is, you don't even know who I am or my background. Making assumptions would tend to make an assumption out of you, minus the umption of course.

You did just in fact (by your posts) call a majority of Armed Forces people dumbasses as well as law enforcement, etc... firemen... They like trucks but really don't need them according to your strict definitions and rules.

Why would those people drive such inferior vehicles? They must all be dumb.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2005, 02:01 PM

I thought your penis size was fine? As for lawnmowers, a normal lawnmower will easily fit in one. Not sure about the model you mentioned, but you didn't mention the model specifically before.
Because I want to drive a car that looks good I have issues with my pecker? Spare me. Because I don't like the looks of the same cars you do, I have issues with my pecker? Spare me.

You totally shoot yourself in the foot when you go on and on and on about "SUV" people being so worried about their penises but you're worried about how fast your car can go.

You're such a fun kid.

Maury

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 02:04 PM

Is that the technical term? "Truck-like-things... so he gets a pass...
He... gasp... lives on a farm?!?! OMG! So he uses it to do truck work. When driving around, its the GN.

You'll find that many people, even in the Special Forces, would disagree with you. Would you dare call them dumbasses?
I'd call any person who drives a big SUV without any need for it a dumbass.

powertrippin
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 02:05 PM

You totally shoot yourself in the foot when you go on and on and on about "SUV" people being so worried about their penises but you're worried about how fast your car can go.

You're such a fun kid.

Maury
I'm not 'worried' about how fast I can go. I just like speed. You don't. Hence, I see no problem that you aren't concerned with engine output or top end. I also drive a 98 hp 1989 accord, and I don't mind driving it at all. However, it's safer to have more power, especially on the highway.

budster101
Baninated
Jun 30, 2005, 02:10 PM

So, you have a penis size problem then... or wait, you just like speed...

Some like SIZE over speed so they buy SUVs. I see many people in accidents from driving too fast in small cars, and very few in SUVs. Why is that do you suppose? Speed kills, that's why.

Again. I don't drive an SUV, I drive a small 4 door chevy. You would know that if you actually read posts prior to replying to them.

Link
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2005, 02:20 PM

Funny you say that, most SUV accidents are because the driver of the SUV went too fast, around a turn of course.
Aloha

Forum Links
Forum Rules