Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Best Flash CS3 Book

Best Flash CS3 Book
warra
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 28, 2007, 09:39 AM

Short and sweet: are there any top-rated Flash CS3 books out there? I've checked amazon for reviews, and usually the 4.5-5 star ratings are from a total of three reviewers.
PB12 / 1.5 / 80 / 1.25 / SD

art_director
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2007, 12:18 PM

I'm a big fan of learning by doing -- giving myself a project and figuring out how to deliver the intended goal. That said a good book for reference is always nice to have. In my experience the Adobe Classroom in a Book series does a nice job. Haven't used it for the most recent version of Flash but you might want to give it a look.

andi*pandi
Nov 30, 2007, 06:11 PM

I found the Flash Bible and Teach Yourself in 24 Hours useful for flash 8...

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2007, 07:11 PM

Essential Actionscript 3.0 by Colin Mook. Anything else can be covered by the (very good) built in documentation.

Veltliner
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2007, 12:10 AM

I don't work with Flash, but I can recommend the great hands-on training series of lynda/lynda.com.

They have a new book on Flash.

Printed on good paper, good graphics design, step-by-step and task oriented approach.

Unlike this book, many software training books, especially about graphics applications, are printed on cheap paper, and their graphics are horrible. I don't know why they do it, but some publishers seem to think, only those, who can wade through the seven circles of design hell are worthy of using a piece software.

PS: Lynda.com has a big library of video tutorials, that you can view when signing up as a subscriber. As with all things well done, it's not cheap.

Forum Links
Forum Rules