Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > itunes 10...what i hate so far...

itunes 10...what i hate so far... (Page 2)
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2010, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
What is it with iTunes and Mail both ALWAYS ignoring the HIG? Seriously third party apps like Flux and Pixelmator adhere to them much better than Apple does! Hell ADOBE does a better job of making an OS X app than Apple does... did I just say that?

I've also switched back to the old icon... though i found it didn't want to just let me copy and paste, I had to change the actual file within the package.

I think technically the icon is more about the user experience than the HIG.

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2010, 10:52 AM

I can easily deal with the fact that the soldiers body count in Afghanistan and Irak keep rising everyday, that Haiti was nearly destroyed, that 33 miners are stuck underground in Chile, that the Israeli/Palestinian issue will probably never be solved, but God help me, I can't deal with the fact that Apple changed iTunes icon and GUI. It's all making our life miserable... COME ON!!!
( Last edited by dlefebvre; Sep 6, 2010 at 10:15 AM. )

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by dlefebvre View Post
I can easily deal with the fact that the soldiers body count in Afghanistan and Irak keep rising everyday, that Haiti was nearly destroyed, that 33 miners are stuck underground in Chile, that the Israeli/Palestinian issue will probably never be solved, but God help me, I can't deal with the fact that Apple changed iTunes icon and GUI. It's all making our life miserable... COME ON!!!
that would be funny...if it wasn't so sad. every time apple changes something, we (am including myself, alas) get all agitated, angry. complain bitterly (about icons, GUI changes). then...we adapt. time goes by. then something else changes (ie, watch for itunes 11, when we start to complain, and ask for the simplicity of itunes 10 back). endless, really (but a fun way to use the forums).
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2010, 12:54 PM

Hell ADOBE does a better job of making an OS X app than Apple does...
Mental !!
Let me out of here !!

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by fisherKing View Post
that would be funny...if it wasn't so sad. every time apple changes something, we (am including myself, alas) get all agitated, angry. complain bitterly (about icons, GUI changes). then...we adapt. time goes by. then something else changes (ie, watch for itunes 11, when we start to complain, and ask for the simplicity of itunes 10 back). endless, really (but a fun way to use the forums).
I like big statements to put things in perspective. It just get to me how passionate people can be about something so simple as interface changes. Honestly, in less than 24 hours, I almost forgot how iTunes 9 looked like.

Be grateful that everything is still working and that at least Apple kept the same colours for the window control buttons.
( Last edited by dlefebvre; Sep 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM. )

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2010, 04:48 PM

It was pretty jarring to connect to the Mac mini via Screen Sharing today for the first time since installing iTunes 10 on my main machine, only to be greeted by colorful, almost gaudy iTunes 9…

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2010, 08:25 PM

i WILL say this: it10 IS faster, and syncing my iphone works better than ever (lots of times, i'd get an error message, and have to reconnect my phone).

am adapting (but still hate some things, LOL)...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2010, 08:40 PM

Now that I've switched back to the old icon, I'm pretty content. But I would like some of those lovely interface hackers out there to work on putting it back to normal. I tried changing the icons inside, but that didn't seem to help... I hate carbon apps.

Veltliner
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2010, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by fisherKing View Post
i WILL say this: it10 IS faster, and syncing my iphone works better than ever (lots of times, i'd get an error message, and have to reconnect my phone).

am adapting (but still hate some things, LOL)...
Don't take ALL our hate away from us. We need a bit of it to propel us through our days.

Thanks for customized flaws built into your apps, Apple.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 6, 2010, 10:55 PM

I dislike how visualizer runs at a crawl.

Sage
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2010, 01:54 AM

Um, is searching for People on Ping broken for everybody else too? It seems to only be returning a tiny subset of results that it used to. I can’t find people who I know are on Ping, and even searching for myself and people I’m currently following returns no results.

[edit]: NM, looks like they fixed it.
( Last edited by Sage; Sep 7, 2010 at 02:41 AM. )

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 7, 2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Now that I've switched back to the old icon, I'm pretty content. But I would like some of those lovely interface hackers out there to work on putting it back to normal. I tried changing the icons inside, but that didn't seem to help... I hate carbon apps.
You might like this MacThemes Forum / [Theme] iTunes 10 UI overhaul - Back to iTunes 9/8!

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 7, 2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by DarkStarRed View Post
oh mah gawd... Thank you!
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Thorzdad
Sep 7, 2010, 06:21 PM

So far, the only thing that bugs me about iTunes 10 is that it does not seem to remember the previous state of the player on restart.
I prefer to use the mini-player...the really tiny one, without the window. I park it in the lower right corner of my screen. In previous versions, I could quit iTunes, log out, log back in, launch iTunes and there would be the mini-player down in the bottom right corner. Always.

In iTunes 10, launching iTunes always gives me a full-size list-view window. Always.

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2010, 05:28 AM

That's strange I just tested this but I'm on Leopard 10.5.8 iTunes 10 opening mini-tunes than quit it then the Mac then restating.
Opening iTunes bring the mini-tunes player to view.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by DarkStarRed View Post
That's strange I just tested this but I'm on Leopard 10.5.8 iTunes 10 opening mini-tunes than quit it then the Mac then restating.
Opening iTunes bring the mini-tunes player to view.
Same behavior here under 10.6.4

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2010, 03:01 PM

this is exceptional (the "non white play button" version...

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 14, 2010, 03:19 PM

I don't get it. If you think it's ugly, why modify it to make it even uglier?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 14, 2010, 03:23 PM

durrrrrrr

fisherKing  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
I don't get it. If you think it's ugly, why modify it to make it even uglier?
to each his (or her) own, i guess.. i think it looks MUCH BETTER with this mod...

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 14, 2010, 03:54 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules