Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Mouse reccomendations

Mouse reccomendations
caseygittings
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 04:06 PM

I need to get a mouse for my new power book and was wondering if anyone had any reccomendation. I do graphic design and 3d work so need a really smooth mouse. I have a wireless microsoft intelli mouse but dont like the overall response jumping around screen and its not a smooth when working with programs where preciseness counts.
Casey Gittings

art_director
Professional Poster
Nov 27, 2002, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by caseygittings:
I need to get a mouse for my new power book and was wondering if anyone had any reccomendation. I do graphic design and 3d work so need a really smooth mouse. I have a wireless microsoft intelli mouse but dont like the overall response jumping around screen and its not a smooth when working with programs where preciseness counts.
apple pro mouse is the way.

Yose
Senior User
Nov 30, 2002, 01:56 AM

Don't get a Kensington Mouse - I've been paying more on the Shipping and Handling for replacement mice from then than I would on a brand new mouse.
Yose.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Tinsman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2002, 05:20 PM

I agree. I don't like my new Kensington StudioMouse for the same reasons. It's the one with the "track pad" roller. Not enough precision. So far I like my old Apple ADB mouse the best, but it's on an old machine.

Tinsman

lland
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2002, 06:38 PM

Yes, I agree having used lots of mice the best is the old ADB they can't be used with the new macs - but in my opion they are the best.

I am using a Logitech cordless and it isn't very good for cut-outs in Photoshop.

OK for point and click.

May be progress but the old ones are the best - I still have my old G� for cut-outs.

iEvolve
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2002, 04:06 AM

dannyn
Dec 6, 2002, 05:01 AM

I'm currently using a Logitech Mouseman Optical dual mouse on my Ti800. It's not wireless, but the dual lasers make the mouse super smooth. I do a variety of animation and video work -- the mouse works very nicely with FCP and Maya.
Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog

himself
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2002, 06:02 AM

Originally posted by dannyn:
I'm currently using a Logitech Mouseman Optical dual mouse on my Ti800. It's not wireless, but the dual lasers make the mouse super smooth. I do a variety of animation and video work -- the mouse works very nicely with FCP and Maya.
I agree... whatever mouse you get, a mouse with dual optical sensors is a must. Much more precise, and they dont jump on semi-reflective surfaces like a standard optical mouse tends to do. As for brand I own a Logitech mouseman traveller, (owned for nearly a year) and have no major complaints with it. I've also used Kensington and MacAlly brands, and I've never had any problems with those either.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

iEvolve
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2002, 07:22 AM

From the reviews I have read, the new MX 700 is much more precise than the old dual optical.

dannyn
Dec 8, 2002, 10:11 PM

There's a similar thread going on in the Powerbook thread right now. You might want to head over there to check it out.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=135234

I just got the MX700 today, and it absolutely rocks. It tracks at least as well as my Logitech Mouseman dual-optical, and it's wireless. So far, no problems with Maya.
Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog

dadder
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 10, 2002, 12:45 AM

Kensington Turbo Mouse Pro Trackball. That's all I have to say.

-Q-
Dec 11, 2002, 06:02 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules